Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Legal people -- any idea what kind of information could justify probable cause for searching the friend's sold vehicle? Would the friend ditching it (well, her parents selling it) soon after ET father's motion be up for consideration when trying to compile evidence equating to probable cause?

I'm sure they could figure out who purchased the vehicle, so I have a hard time believing it was sold/handed off to TC.

I mean, the selling of the car could be coincidental as well.

The new owner could give LE permission to search the car. JMO

Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts, as well. Maybe ET's afraid of her mother coming back into her life (impossible to know what TC or the mother told her - maybe the mother threatened to kill her if she testified against the mother?)

If ET feared for her life (especially if she had reason to), I could see friends/friends parents feeling like they had to keep their mouths shut, no matter what.

BBM
My sister had her best friend and her best friend's mother convinced that my mom was abusive. Nothing could be further from the truth, but stuff like this happens.

Sorry to hear - but I wonder, would putting the news out publicly of the death/illnesses be helpful? If someone ET is close to is in the hospital, might that encourage her to get away/come home?

Or she may contact someone at home, which could lead to her location.

If the witness told LE one thing and admits they lied to them by giving a different answer in the deposition that answer could be used as evidence against them for a charge of obstruction of justice. JMO

And that would be a separate issue, they're answering questions about an abduction. Just like if you see your friend steal something and you don't report it, technically you're guilty of a crime. But when it goes to court, since you didn't do the theft you can't plead the 5th. This case was filed against TC, and again the questions are for the purpose of gaining evidence that could lead to the safe return of a child, not strictly testimony. This is an issue where the finding would be for or against TC.

Legal people -- any idea what kind of information could justify probable cause for searching the friend's sold vehicle? Would the friend ditching it (well, her parents selling it) soon after ET father's motion be up for consideration when trying to compile evidence equating to probable cause?

I'm sure they could figure out who purchased the vehicle, so I have a hard time believing it was sold/handed off to TC.

I mean, the selling of the car could be coincidental as well.

I'm not sure the vehicle wasn't already searched? Do we know that it wasn't? And I'm not sure what they'd hope to find even if they did. The friend already admitted to having ET in the car to give her a ride to Shoney's so I'm not sure what else would be found in the car.

"Speaking to ABC News, Thomas’ attorney, Jason Whatley, said that the unnamed witnesses may be withholding information because they are intimated."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sks-court-depose-witnesses.html#ixzz4dsGZrAML
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I think they meant to write "intimidated", but by who? Who do they think the witnesses may have been intimidated by? And what may that have to do with an uncooperative witness receiving a new car?

I'm not sure the vehicle wasn't already searched? Do we know that it wasn't? And I'm not sure what they'd hope to find even if they did. The friend already admitted to having ET in the car to give her a ride to Shoney's so I'm not sure what else would be found in the car.
Whether TC was in the car at some point, perhaps.

Sorry to hear - but I wonder, would putting the news out publicly of the death/illnesses be helpful? If someone ET is close to is in the hospital, might that encourage her to get away/come home?

I'm personally against luring ET out from the situation with family news, reward money, promises, etc. If it's dangerous for her to escape, which I firmly believe it is, then getting her to risk her life via incentives seems counter-productive imo. Even if TC has somehow tricked her into believing that she has autonomy and free will in this situation, I guarantee you that she does not. The moment he senses that she wants to go home, a very dangerous and frightening side of him will come out if it hasn't already. He can have her on a short, tight leash without the need for physical restraints, trust me.

If ET can safely get away, I want that to happen more than anything. Barring that scenario, TC letting her go or having their location discovered by LE is probably the relatively safest route for her to be extricated from this crime. (I'm not against luring TC in the media though but as many have already pointed out, he is a narcissist lacking empathy. There is most likely no Achilles heel in his life that will tug at his heartstrings and get him to turn around and bring Elizabeth home.)

and this:
"To avoid harm to these witnesses such as potential embarrassment and harassment, as well as public scrutiny, this document should be sealed,” Whatley argued. “Certain issues have arised that establish an immediate threat of irreparable harm to the witnesses that this court would be justified [in sealing the list].”
http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...-witnesses-to-testify-in-case-against-cummins

BBM what immediate threat? By who? Is this a suggestion that not only is there more information but that the witnesses are actively being intimidated from answering any questions? I mean we've all thought they were being obstructive, but are they in fear?

and this:
"To avoid harm to these witnesses such as potential embarrassment and harassment, as well as public scrutiny, this document should be sealed,” Whatley argued. “Certain issues have arised that establish an immediate threat of irreparable harm to the witnesses that this court would be justified [in sealing the list].”
http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...-witnesses-to-testify-in-case-against-cummins

BBM what immediate threat? By who? Is this a suggestion that not only is there more information but that the witnesses are actively being intimidated from answering any questions? I mean we've all thought they were being obstructive, but are they in fear?

I think they mean bc the media and social media would begin bombarding and harassing the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether TC was in the car at some point, perhaps.

That's what I was thinking -- and if they did find his DNA or anything in the vehicle, it could be proof that ET's friend knew of the relationship and failed to report anything (possibly leaving her with some criminal responsibility).

I think they mean bc the media and social media would begin bombarding and harassing the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The kids could literally save a life here depending on the details of the information that they are withholding. This aspect of the crime is getting more and more confounding and disturbing by the day. What is really going on?

and this:

Hmmm. Possibly fear of reprisal at the school from the "pro-Tad" contingent? Fear of being bullied and ostracized at school.

Hmmm. Possibly fear of reprisal at the school from the "pro-Tad" contingent? Fear of being bullied and ostracized at school.

If that is indeed the case then the "pro Tad" contingent is even bigger than I would have imagined, a thought so upsetting and disturbing that I don't even want to have to consider it. :steamed:

If that is indeed the case then the "pro Tad" contingent is even bigger than I would have imagined, a thought so upsetting and disturbing that I don't even want to have to consider it. :steamed:

Just a thought, as I don't feel like it's been TOO long since I was a teenager, but I could definitely imagine there being an incredible amount of victim blaming as far as the student population goes. There is no way I, personally, would have understood the power of manipulation and grooming at age 15. Unfortunately, I think it takes life experience and personal connections to those types of situations to truly understand that people are not always who they appear to be. Lots of positive thoughts to ET and her family struggling with trying to understand all of these dynamics going on over the last four weeks.

I would think most in the town/school already know who is withholding information.. They knew who took her to Shoneys... its not a secret to those around there... just to us 'foreigners'. I think the secretness stems from Social media/press. But since (i'm assuming) many already know the names, i'm surprised it hasn't 'slipped' in the media yet.
So, protect WHICH child, at this point? Protect the one that has the info, or the one that may be in danger? It is a double edged sword.

"certain issues have arised"...shouldn't the only "issue" be obtaining information regarding her whereabouts?

who's protecting who here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member