Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been following this thread as carefully lately so correct me if I'm wrong. I'm surprised that no one has stepped forward to say that he made inappropriate advances to others prior to this event. I was sure that things had been going on previously.

Could this really be a one off thing? I was convinced otherwise. JMO

IMO they're out there, but the victim blaming culture of the town has made them afraid to come forward. We do know that he was grooming another girl, and she was fortunate enough to move away or who know where that could have gone. I'm seeing reports that LE has a couple others as well, but no info on them.

Just going to address a few issues.
1. Mandatory reporter. Ethically and morally speaking, we're all mandatory reporters. What being a mandatory reporter does is make it easier on the person doing the reporting and easier on the victim as well. It's "hand up in the air" sorry I have to do this I'm mandated by law and it takes the person doing the reporting out of the middle. But the mandated reporter has to see something, a bruise, a kiss, a back rub or something that rises to the level of being reportable not just gossip or a feeling.
2. Rules regarding teachers and students outside of school are fairly lax and they need to be. Let's say you're a teacher at a school and your children attend that school, what would you do if you could never have a student in your car or home? Rule of thumb is to be cognizant of the fact that these are your students and to act appropriately. You are not just another parent, you are on a different level so remember that. It's the same with other parents, you can fraternize with them, but maintain a professional boundary.
So I personally don't have a problem with the rides to church, what I have a problem with is the undercurrent of the narrative which is "I had this woman in my home, part of my family and she stole my husband" nonsense. I get that they married young, at 18 and 19 years old, but TC is not 19 any longer, he's 50. And ET isn't someone who stole someone's man, she was abducted and had no control over the situation This was someone in power over her on a daily basis, someone who called the shots, much like a prison guard who has relations with an inmate. Except this was a previously abused child who had no friends, family or guidance in how to navigate this situation and when TC was caught, she was bullied by not only her peers but by the staff who worked in that school. No wonder she felt she had no alternative other than to bend over and do what she was told. I'm sorry for the Cummins family, but they had childhoods, and teen years, and school, friends, marriages and children. ET has had none of that experience and just when her life was turning for the better, TC swooped in and really mucked it up. If he has any humanity left, anything worth forgiving, he'll let that child go and finally have a chance at some semblance of a normal life.
By statute, all Tennesseans are mandatory reporters if they have actual knowledge of child abuse.

Not another. 3 others. 3. They have names and are forever effected. Two have stepped forward the other for reasons cannot.

Post # 175 on page 12 of this thread, regarding other students who were groomed by TC.

IMO they're out there, but the victim blaming culture of the town has made them afraid to come forward. We do know that he was grooming another girl, and she was fortunate enough to move away or who know where that could have gone. I'm seeing reports that LE has a couple others as well, but no info on them.

So true, the culture of some people in that town just has me scratching my head. Even one of TC's daughters said something about TC running from the humiliation he brought to his family. Child, if he's running from shame and humiliation there was no need to take a 15 year old child with him. She's essentially blaming the victim for her father needing to run away and hide and LE and the school for making him feel ashamed. Okay, if that's the case, why take ET with you? No, he left with his obsession and felt no shame or humiliation. He felt free. Free of his obligations, the bills, people telling him who he could love and most importantly he left everyone who loved him behind to clean up his mess. Can't imagine why no one's come forward before this...dripping sarcasm.

Can you imagine how bored ET must be with TC?

I mean, I'm 42 and I would be bored (and physically sick) of the guy in no more than 5 minutes.

This poor 15 year old must be going crazy by now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 50 and would be sick of him. My 15 year old daughter, no way!

http://whdh.com/news/milford-police-seek-2-cars-in-connection-with-fatal-hit-and-run/
There was a hit and run of a little boy in Massachusetts, and one of two suspect vehicles is a Nissan Rogue, silver/grey, model year 2015/16. The car type jumped out at me, as did the fact that if someone were on the run, they might not stop after running over a child, despite the fact that the child had darted into traffic, and the driver likely wouldn't have been completely at fault. Also, humanity.
What year is TC's Rogue? Skimmed as much as I could trying to find that info.
IMO of course.

http://whdh.com/news/milford-police-seek-2-cars-in-connection-with-fatal-hit-and-run/
There was a hit and run of a little boy in Massachusetts, and one of two suspect vehicles is a Nissan Rogue, silver/grey, model year 2015/16. The car type jumped out at me, as did the fact that if someone were on the run, they might not stop after running over a child, despite the fact that the child had darted into traffic, and the driver likely wouldn't have been completely at fault. Also, humanity.
IMO of course.

I think it is 2013. JerseyGirl, is that what you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I asked my oldest son, a sergeant police officer in New Mexico (he is from Michigan where I am at) where he thought they went ( his dept did receive a be on the lookout for this and ET). He said without hesitating, in Mexico. He said alot of the residents in New Mexico are from Mexico and have told him how easy it is to get there (but not as easy to get back into the US). This gives me hope that they will be find. They can only remain tourist-like for so long.

IMO of course.

The Cummins' Rogue is a 2015 model, and is indistinguishable from the 2014 and 2016. These 3 models have combined sales of 800,000 in North America.

Have we heard any more on one of TC's daughters supposedly having a brain tumor?

As I posted when this was reported, it was a ploy to get TC to reach out, thus revealing his location.

My opinion only.

I am not so sure she is bored. She may very well *feel* safe and loved right now, which is filling her every void, or so she thinks. This may feel like 'forever' for her. Even if/when she does get bored or scared, this feeling of love is addictive. It makes me so sad for her......

As a resident in small town Tennessee, I find there are more people that don't know of this case. The majority of people that I know either don't watch tv at all or only read national news. Most either can't or don't want to foot the bill for cable or satellite or are just too busy to have any interest in television. Most just read the weekly newspaper that covers two counties. That said, I believe a lot of people have heard of the initial Amber Alert and have since forgotten. When I bring it up to co-workers that all say 'oh, is she still missing?'.

Boundaries.... Where I live, it is very common for our teachers to be very involved in many aspects of our community. It's not uncommon for a teacher to take other kids to church, to ball practice, or even to their house. We have school teachers who are teaching Sunday school at our church, teachers, doctors, judges and mayor all coaching county ball teams, etc. Many children call these people by their first names. If any of these people had a van full of kids or just one, it wouldn't cause anyone to take a second glance. I am sure it is this way in a lot of small towns.

I do wish there was more we could all do. I am afraid it will be forgotten about and 10 years down the road, after they marry and divorce, we will hear of the emotional ruins our ET is left with....imo

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

The Cummins' Rogue is a 2015 model, and is indistinguishable from the 2014 and 2016. These 3 models have combined sales of 800,000 in North America.

This model Rogue is rather common in the Northeast where I live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am not so sure she is bored. She may very well *feel* safe and loved right now, which is filling her every void, or so she thinks. This may feel like 'forever' for her. Even if/when she does get bored or scared, this feeling of love is addictive. It makes me so sad for her......

As a resident in small town Tennessee, I find there are more people that don't know of this case. The majority of people that I know either don't watch tv at all or only read national news. Most either can't or don't want to foot the bill for cable or satellite or are just too busy to have any interest in television. Most just read the weekly newspaper that covers two counties. That said, I believe a lot of people have heard of the initial Amber Alert and have since forgotten. When I bring it up to co-workers that all say 'oh, is she still missing?'.

Boundaries.... Where I live, it is very common for our teachers to be very involved in many aspects of our community. It's not uncommon for a teacher to take other kids to church, to ball practice, or even to their house. We have school teachers who are teaching Sunday school at our church, teachers, doctors, judges and mayor all coaching county ball teams, etc. Many children call these people by their first names. If any of these people had a van full of kids or just one, it wouldn't cause anyone to take a second glance. I am sure it is this way in a lot of small towns.

I do wish there was more we could all do. I am afraid it will be forgotten about and 10 years down the road, after they marry and divorce, we will hear of the emotional ruins our ET is left with....imo

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk
This is how it is in my town too. My daughter's dance teacher/sheriff brought her home tonight to save me the hassle of loading up kids in the rain. She brought a few other kids home too. Small towns...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member