Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be my guess as well. Also, he had a map of San Francisco in the car, so maybe our beautiful City by the Bay was on his itinerary.

At the very least, I predict that they did not dine at Chez Panisse.

Kapua,
There was nothing wrong with your post. I appreciate your posts and understand you to be a good hearted member here. Please don't change your style because of one disgruntled poster!

What do you mean? I thought the award money was already sent to California? (I've been super busy today, I could have missed something about this.)

I'm referring to a statement where the dads lawyer said if for some reason the guy doesn't want the reward money; Then the reward money will go to the family and no one else.

So hopefully the gas station dude took the money.

Especially if he operates his store and cabins on a trust relationship to leave money in the fridge if you buy supplies or what not. Jmo

It is just comical to me that the caption under the two people lying in the filthy bathtub together,mentions that they felt that Tad and ET were "off" and "weird".
Who would give an interview in a bathtub? LOL!!!!!

IMOO.

IMO, someone "off" and "weird." :laughing:

Kapua,
There was nothing wrong with your post. I appreciate your posts and understand you to be a good hearted member here. Please don;t change your style because of one disgruntled poster!

No one asked the poster to change how they do anything. No one should be held responsible for a personal reaction to a difference of opinion.

I don't assume anything is ever directed to me. But I did respond to their post, and for clarity sake...I am anything but disgruntled about the post. lol.

I'm referring to a statement where the dads lawyer said if for some reason the guy doesn't want the reward money; Then the reward money will go to the family and no one else.

So hopefully the gas station dude took the money.

Especially if he operates his store and cabins on a trust relationship to leave money in the fridge if you buy supplies or what not. Jmo

I see. I hope they take the money. They deserve it, and I'm sure they would greatly benefit. If fr some reason they didn't, I don't see why the family shouldn't receive it. If that' what the donor wants to do...hey, it's their money. I really hope the men responsible for the tip will keep it, though. They seem like really good and kind people.

It is just comical to me that the caption under the two people lying in the filthy bathtub together,mentions that they felt that Tad and ET were "off" and "weird".
Who would give an interview in a bathtub? LOL!!!!!

IMOO.

The article said a female name.

But the face and feet looked all male.

So it threw me off at first too.

I've been talking with a girlfriend of mine in her fifties about the sexual molestation that occurred at the hands of her father as both a child and teen, and the sexual issues she now experiences (promiscuity, etc.). We were talking about Bill Cosby and she started rationalizing his behavior and blaming the victims. Just as she says the rapes she later endured by others as an adult were her fault and she invited it, etc.

She says she loves her father, doesn't blame him, but hates and blames her mother for letting it happen. She seems to direct all blame to her mother, not her father.

I don't know where I'm going with this but to say, re: the subject of our discussion, this adult's actions are inexcusable, and the Daily Mail article reminds of the discussion I've been having with my friend, referenced above. In my friend's case it seems to be a blend of stockholm-type syndrome mixed with guilt, rationalization and selfblame, and justification towards her molestor. I've been working with her on this. She asks howcome I'm so "opiniated" yet strong and confidant in my victim-friendly views, and I just tell her "if you only knew..." (referring to being a WS member and seeing thousands of cases here...I always keep that tidbit confidential btw with everyone in "real life"...).

(Eta: I hate to say this but I might as well get some support and free therapy while I'm here, lol...I was promiscuous as a teen with older persons, and thinking about it makes me sooooooo disgusted I can't stand it. I bury it from my mind, but then it comes up in situations like this. In my case, I just wanted to be older, feel older, attractive...I know I am going to come back to this post and want to delete it, but you know what Margarita, it's good to get it out and purge that shame. Might as well tell the world! :wave: )

Margarita, just remember what everyone here has been saying, "a minor cannot give consent." Even if you were no longer a minor, the responsibility lies with the much older person. A teenager's brain is still developing. Just be thankful that, for some reason, you were able to move past that behavior and become the person you are now. Thank you for sharing. You don't need to cry anymore.

Off Topic....

For all of you that remember the TV Show "Happy Days"... I just saw a thread made for Erin Moran. She played Richie Cunningham's sis on the show.
She died!! How sad!! :(

The article said a female name.

But the face and feet looked all male.

So it threw me off at first too.

Yes, April and Sophia. Both with XY chromosomal structure, though, it would seem. Imagine two hillbillies from Tennessee encountering that environment...

I was just making the point that I doubt either side would want to use them. If the Feds get DNA evidence from the cabin, they won't need the commune members and I don't know why the defense would want to call them.

If you're thinking the defense would want to say she appeared willing, according to the law, it doesn't matter and then they'll have the problem with them getting destroyed on cross. I just don't see the upside, but IINAL, so maybe I'm missing something.

Accept they are witnesses to their passionate relationship. How they were around each other.

Yes, April and Sophia. Both with XY chromosomal structure, though, it would seem. Imagine two hillbillies from Tennessee encountering that environment...

Ones gay and the other is trans. I don't see TC fitting into that crowd.

Lol

7 days with no wifi or electric equipment in the boonies actually equals 70 days to us folks when realizing how slowly time travels. Lol

So time goes by differently .jmo

Am I going to have to start monitoring your math too! :happydance:

I see. I hope they take the money. They deserve it, and I'm sure they would greatly benefit. If fr some reason they didn't, I don't see why the family shouldn't receive it. If that' what the donor wants to do...hey, it's their money. I really hope the men responsible for the tip will keep it, though. They seem like really good and kind people.

The reward money was specifically donated for reward purposes.

So it shouldn't go to the family if the funds were donated for those purposes. Jmo

So if the guy doesn't want it. Then give the reward money back or whatever.

Because that money was raised for a reward and not the family. Jmo

They already have their money and future lawsuits jmo

He was running out of money and figured the hippies would take care of him. Couldn't exactly find a job there. JMO

Looking back on this case now, the best thing they could have done would have been to stay in San Francisco, rent a $1000 a month converted garage, and panhandle on the streets. They could have probably raised a $100 a day doing that. Which would have paid their rent and food. But after reading about their laziness at the commune I wonder if even that would have been too much work for them.

Off Topic....

For all of you that remember the TV Show "Happy Days"... I just saw a thread made for Erin Moran. She played Richie Cunningham's sis on the show.
She died!! How sad!! :(

Yes it's sad, (but who didn't see that coming?). Funny you mention this because I was just watching Happy Days with my Daughter, and in the very first episode, Richie is apologizing to a girl for trying to undo her bra strap through the back of her sweater, and she tells him her biology teacher has, "pulled my sweater too!". "Good ol mr. G.! " and they laugh about it.
Not a good a show as I remember...

Has anyone figured out why they went to Berkeley, of all places? My guess is that they drove I-80 to the bitter end, and this put them in that part of the country. It will be interesting to hear what, if anything they did there, and where they might have stayed.

I'm pretty sure they didn't stay on I-80. If they did that they would have been spotted. It looks like they probably traveled on back roads all the way. I'm kind of surprised they went to California too. But I guess California is a place that a lot of people run away too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9