Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure they would have been thrown out of an Amish commune even more quickly than they were thrown out of this one.

The Amish wouldn't have let them in, IMO. They will communicate with the community for business dealings, but little else. Amish are not in "communes."

At this point, I cannot imagine her staying with him, but people do some strange things. Look at all the things he's done:

Lied to her, stole her car, took out a loan and spent it all, kidnapped a 15-year-old girl after grooming her for months, and had an intimate relationship with the 15-year-old. And because of all of the above, brought the media to her doorstep. He'll be spending some time in jail, without a doubt. IMHO, 98% of all women would get a divorce under those circumstances.

:cow:

This keeps nagging at my pea brain.....I don't see her divorcing him either.....I don't know what it would take to convince her but she strikes me as someone that won't let him go.................ugh.

Yeah, the Feds have mandatory sentencing time. Also don't know if there is a lesser charge he could plead to here. My guess, it won't be offered. IMO

If she ends up being pregnant can they tack on more charges and I wonder how her Father would feel is she wants to keep the baby?

Why do I have such a bad feeling he didn't use condoms. It might ruin his selfish pleasure. What arrogant piece of trash. Does anyone here know if he had a vasectomy?

It wasn't an "intimate relationship." It was a crime, and assault. A relationship requires consent, which she cannot give.

I'm not being nit-picky. I just can't believe we are on thread #15, and this is being referred to as a relationship. She is a child, a minor. She was emotionally, mentally, and sexually exploited. Criminal actions were perpetrated against her. She is a victim of TC. She was NOT in a relationship.

I think this is sometimes being described as "A relationship" merely to distinguish that there was no violence involved. I don't think anybody thinks it's *right*. Both willing parties, is different than a violent kidnap/rape scenario. JMO Emotional manipulation is distinctly different, than a knife to the throat.

It wasn't an "intimate relationship." It was a crime, and assault. A relationship requires consent, which she cannot give.

I'm not being nit-picky. I just can't believe we are on thread #15, and this is being referred to as a relationship. She is a child, a minor. She was emotionally, mentally, and sexually exploited. Criminal actions were perpetrated against her. She is a victim of TC. She was NOT in a relationship.

Absolutely! It boils my blood to hear anyone refer to any situation like this as an "intimate relationship" or "having sex." This girl had several crimes perpetrated against her that will likely take intensive long-term therapy and love and support to heal from what she has probably been through.

I think this is sometimes being described as "A relationship" merely to distinguish that there was no violence involved. I don't think anybody thinks it's *right*. Both willing parties, is different than a violent kidnap/rape scenario. JMO Emotional manipulation is distinctly different, than a knife to the throat.

It boggles my mind that it can't be refereed to as a crime. This was not a relationship. Why refer to it as something it wasn't? There is an actual, accurate word for what this was. A crime. She cannot legally be "willing" to be assaulted. Just because it wasn't "violent" doesn't mean it's a relationship.

The subtle minimization of what happened to her is something i find disturbing.

JMO.

The commune was a brilliant hiding location for them. But why TC thought they would fit in there, I have no idea. Maybe he just had no idea what he was getting into.

He was running out of money and figured the hippies would take care of him. Couldn't exactly find a job there. JMO

No, I wasn't confused. If they showed up at the gas station, ran into Barry and asked how to get to the commune "last week" (as Barry stated in my link), then they couldn't have been at the commune for 2 weeks.

They were at the commune for 10 days. So it would have been "last week". 1 week 3 days before = last week.

Last week (say a Sunday) and this week (say a Saturday) could be 2 weeks. But where's Mercedes to check my math?

Ok, Johunt, it may be two "different" weeks, but it is not two weeks! It would be only 7 days, right? :gaah:

Has anyone figured out why they went to Berkeley, of all places? My guess is that they drove I-80 to the bitter end, and this put them in that part of the country. It will be interesting to hear what, if anything they did there, and where they might have stayed.

Has anyone figured out why they went to Berkeley, of all places? My guess is that they drove I-80 to the bitter end, and this put them in that part of the country. It will be interesting to hear what, if anything they did there, and where they might have stayed.

That would be my guess as well. Also, he had a map of San Francisco in the car, so maybe our beautiful City by the Bay was on his itinerary.

Ok, Johunt, it may be two "different" weeks, but it is not two weeks! It would be only 7 days, right? :gaah:

Lol

7 days with no wifi or electric equipment in the boonies actually equals 70 days to us folks when realizing how slowly time travels. Lol

So time goes by differently .jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member