Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this post. The article discloses that yes, TC had a Twitter account. Most likely ET had one (or more) as well. Someone up there wondered if we had Twitter accounts for them. I'm also wondering about Snapchat.
Editing: Forgot link to TC's twitter account, if some had missed it earlier.
https://twitter.com/tadcummins

I know ET had a snapchat. On her IG, somewhere further down she posted the screen name telling people to add her.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/03/eliza...ok-wife-social-media-missing-tennessee-photos

instagram.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Isn't ET a Freshman? That would make her part of the Class of 2020. It may be a small detail and mentioned previously, but it strikes me as odd. A Freshman in High School lives under my roof and C/O 2020 is everywhere in her room. Why would ET post 2019?

Thank you to JerseyGirl, for that post up there. I'm ripping through multiple pages on screen, and didn't reply correctly.

I called the 1-800 tip line and reported what I saw. There are so many cameras at the Wal-mart! If they check it out it should be easy to determine if it was them. This was about 10 -15 miles from where I65 connects to I10.

Probably no connection but I swear it looked just like them!

Can we come up with any areas of familiarity for either of them? In this kind of situation, I seriously doubt they would head somewhere where they (he or she) didn't have some comfort level. Decatur? I'm guessing someone was smart enough to head that way, use cell pings to lead LE south, ditch the phones and then double back. They obviously wouldn't stay near Columbia...so where WOULD they go where there was some level of familiarity? The only thing I've been able to come up with is that TC has knowledge of Murfreesboro. It's about 4 hours from Decatur to Chatahoochie National Forest, Nantahala National Forest, and the Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg area. You could definitely get "lost" in there. Of course, that's a stab in the dark without being able to establish some familiarity with the area.

Just brainstorming.

I'm trying so hard to get caught up! I have been emailing national parks the flyer asking them to post of their SM because people always usually research before travelling, right? I also posted to sites of "travellers", or transients as a lot of them stay in forests. Ocala is a popular one for them. I'm gonna bombard more random travel sites today. Including Mexico. HOW has this Nissan not been spotted?? Could he have gotten the loan and maybe traded it and maybe MOO person who bought afraid to speak up and lose out? From ET IG I think she worked at Chick-fil-a. And she's a cutter as one of her tags says #slicingagain. I know what that means. This girl has so much inner turmoil I can only pray that she can see past the "right now" and hang in there.

Thanks to whoever posted this link.

http://fox6now.com/2017/03/22/missing-tennessee-student-from-kissing-allegation-to-manhunt/

This is disgusting and this teacher needs to be fired:

“To make matters worse, it appears that this issue is being readily discussed by faculty members and, on at least one recent occasion, in a derogatory tone and manner about Mr. Thomas’ daughter,” the letter says."

THIS.

Did the school not have a guidance counselor or school therapist (even a visiting one who perhaps worked with the district or region)? ET is so obviously of a vulnerable makeup (new student coming from homeschooling background, parent with abuse allegations that no doubt everyone knew of) that I now have to wonder why she wasn't given counseling assistance pro-actively by school officials. These reports of adults, teachers at that, acting like teenage "mean girls" astounds. Even taking away the crime that actually wound up happening in this case, ostracizing an already troubled fifteen year-old who most likely has trust issues and possible depression/anxiety issues is a recipe for ruining that individual's life.

He was horny. He's a predator. He likes having a young, impressionable child to seduce and control. That's his "need".

I'm sorry but reading predator apologist posts causes the hair on the back of my neck to stand up. It's creepy.
And it's not intercourse! It's statutory rape.

The initial AA, what states/areas was it released for the first time?

It was originally issued in Tennessee/Alabama. I received notification the day AFTER she was reported missing and I live/work in Columbia.

THIS.

Did the school not have a guidance counselor or school therapist (even a visiting one who perhaps worked with the district or region)? ET is so obviously of a vulnerable makeup (new student coming from homeschooling background, parent with abuse allegations that no doubt everyone knew of) that I now have to wonder why she wasn't given counseling assistance pro-actively by school officials. These reports of adults, teachers at that, acting like teenage "mean girls" astounds. Even taking away the crime that actually wound up happening in this case, ostracizing an already troubled fifteen year-old who most likely has trust issues and possible depression/anxiety issues is a recipe for ruining that individual's life.

American public school systems are not the Paragons of Virtue some people seem to think they are. I loath dealing with them, and I've been doing it for over 40 yrs now...

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but if it has I apologize in advance. Next week, the week of 3/27 - 4/1, will be Mule Days in Maury County (Columbia). If they are hiding out this would be an opportune time for them to get away. There will be hundreds of thousands of vehicles and people in the Columbia and Maury County area, so it will be easier for them to go unnoticed.

It was originally issued in Tennessee/Alabama. I received notification the day AFTER she was reported missing and I live/work in Columbia.

Thank you. I'm just trying to think of how far they could have made it before the AA.

American public school systems are not the Paragons of Virtue some people seem to think they are. I loath dealing with them, and I've been doing it for over 40 yrs now...

I agree. I had a problem with a student who was the son of a member of the Board of Education in my child's high school and it, too, was swept under the rug.

If I could do it over again, I would go right to the police and bypass the guidance counselor and the "bullying" counselor that they had on board.

Can someone confirm this?

If Toad went to sell/pawn the two guns he brought with him, his name would be entered into a database at the Pawn Shop and LE could access that info, yes? Would it be possible for LE to 'flag' his name into the system the Pawn Shops use to give the pawn shop workers a heads up if he were to try to pawn his guns?

With respect to the bolded(bm)

There were two posters doing the minimizing. One is currently on TO ( appropriately! imo). Yes the "two crazy kids" and also referring to E as "A ditzy fifteen year old girl". I never want to run into a man who disparages women, teens, in this manor. And the other is beyond my comprehension and seems to feel there was something Nobel about Toad. Sad.

Most of us are gathering anything we could use to understand the full scope and possibilities of where they might be headed, and don't appreciate being tared and feathered with the same brush as these two.

I'm certainly not tarring and feathering everyone on this thread with the same brush as the posts I've read minimizing this crime. Just those doing the minimizing. I'm grateful that most aren't doing that. And I don't think anyone else is accusing everyone either.

But it certainly isn't just two posters minimizing this monstrous act. Because each of those posts were thanked by several people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop