Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's been brought up - the thread is moving too fast for me to keep up during my work day - but I'm wondering about a possible Elizabeth Smart type scenario. Like a remote area that he prepped in advance, stocked with supplies over the last weeks (what was he doing all day every day after suspended), and made ready for them. It's obvious IMO based on their IG posts that they were planning this for a while, and that they were BOTH in on the plans at least to some degree. My thinking is if it IS a scenario like ES, the location would have to be relatively close to his home - to make supply runs back and forth while prepping and not have his absence noted. ES was kept very close to home for a long time IIRC. I'm thinking that the phone ping in Decatur is false. Could they have thrown her phone - with battery about to die - in the back of a truck or something and let it drive off pinging away giving the investigators a totally false path? JMO MOO IMO etc.......

I agree. I had a problem with a student who was the son of a member of the Board of Education in my child's high school and it, too, was swept under the rug.

If I could do it over again, I would go right to the police and bypass the guidance counselor and the "bullying" counselor that they had on board.

Even had you gone that route, and won, your child would've likely still had a rough time at that school. That's the way they roll.
Best to get your child out of that school altogether, but not everyone has the means to do that. In that case, you just keep your head low, and get your kid through and OUT! Sorry to hear it. It happens all the time though. :(

Thanks. I am aware of the definition. My point is that referring to it otherwise can be minimizing.
My point is that we deal in facts here on WS when at all possible and all other information is an opinion. The fact is statutory rape when involving a minor. Anything added would be opinion.

Our subject matter on here can bring out emotional responses, I understand. You have been on WS long enough to see that. I am a law/statute driven person. So when there is one in place with a definition, it is a prickly point with me when people add or change the meaning.

All is MOO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm certainly not tarring and feathering everyone on this thread with the same brush as the posts I've read minimizing this crime. Just those doing the minimizing. I'm grateful that most aren't doing that. And I don't think anyone else is accusing everyone either.

But it certainly isn't just two posters minimizing this monstrous act. Because each of those posts were thanked by several people.

Point taken! I didn't really look at the "Thankers" *shudder*

As someone has mentioned before, she tags "@bestfriend" and refers to "bestfriend" one word a lot in her posts, which is not an actual account from anyone she knows. Added to the fact that Cummins described the relationship in precisely that way, it seems this was one public way of communicating.

Cummins said that he was a father figure to Thomas and that he saw her as a close and best friend, the report states.

It does seem a bit unhinged to refer to a fourteen-year-old girl as a "best friend" if you are her fifty-year-old teacher--as though that would be some sort of defense when accused of having an inappropriate relationship. Being a teacher myself, I couldn't imagine calling a student one of my best friends, especially with that sort of age difference. It would seem inappropriate regardless of whether any physical boundaries had been crossed at all.

Question: are we not allowed to post links / screenshots of social media? I saw it mentioned in the thread, but I didn't see it in the rules.

Not sure if it's been brought up - the thread is moving too fast for me to keep up during my work day - but I'm wondering about a possible Elizabeth Smart type scenario. Like a remote area that he prepped in advance, stocked with supplies over the last weeks (what was he doing all day every day after suspended), and made ready for them. It's obvious IMO based on their IG posts that they were planning this for a while, and that they were BOTH in on the plans at least to some degree. My thinking is if it IS a scenario like ES, the location would have to be relatively close to his home - to make supply runs back and forth while prepping and not have his absence noted. ES was kept very close to home for a long time IIRC. I'm thinking that the phone ping in Decatur is false. Could they have thrown her phone - with battery about to die - in the back of a truck or something and let it drive off pinging away giving the investigators a totally false path? JMO MOO IMO etc.......

That's what I'm thinking. This took some planning on his part. I doubt they are in some grubby campsite though -- I'm leaning towards isolated cabin in the woods somewhere. If I was 15, it would even sound romantic.

I feel if they are out together they will be recognized more than if he leaves her somewhere whilst he goes out to shop etc. . Personally I am very bad with facial recognition with regards to' most wanted' photos. I would find it hard to spot most individuals but those two would stand out together. His physique and her eyes are quite distinctive for example. Sorry if I am stating the obvious .I also feel he stands out more than some I have seen. So here is hoping that he will be behind bars soon.

My point is that we deal in facts here on WS when at all possible and all other information is an opinion. The fact is statutory rape when involving a minor. Anything added would be opinion.

Our subject matter on here can bring out emotional responses, I understand. You have been on WS long enough to see that. I am a law/statute driven person. So when there is one in place with a definition, it is a prickly point with me when people add or change the meaning.

All is MOO

Yeah, I didn't change the meaning. I'm not going to argue about this. Perhaps you misread my posts.

Some dates:

On March 5, Cummins did “online research on the topic of teen marriage."
“We don’t want to go into specifics because he might still be using some of that (information) … but suffice it to say that is an issue that we have some major concerns of because it might potentially speak to his intentions for her,” a TBI spokesperson said.

On March 10, Cummins searched the Internet for information on whether certain features of his vehicle, a Nissan Rogue, could be tracked by law enforcement, the TBI says.

http://ktla.com/2017/03/22/teacher-...-agent-had-all-kinds-of-money-teens-dad-says/

Agreed. See that makes me think that finding them will be that much more difficult imo

I think there is one thing he might have overconfidence in: teens get bored. Their attention span is short. Their need for creature comforts is huge. she will be ready to go back to civilizaiton way sooner than he would want her to. My money is on her escaping in a few weeks, no matter where they are.

So is he thinking if they get married it's NOT rape? Surely he's smart enough to know he can't get married if he's already married. But does she know that? In one IG post on ET page, there's a post about being "topless" and a comment that says #too far. I think he was in her IG account. I wonder if she was pregnant and he freaked out and they took off? Sometimes I wish I was sick and twisted so I could get into the minds of these "people".

instagram3.jpg

http://heavy.com/news/2017/03/eliza...ok-wife-social-media-missing-tennessee-photos

instagram.jpg

"Jesus freak." Gmafb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members