Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, worry that it will be a long time before they find them like Elizabeth Smart. In fact, I googled Elizabeth Smart yesterday to remember how long she was gone (9 months). (Encouragingly, when ES was found, she was wearing a gray wig and a veil, yet she was still recognized.) TC and ET probably have enough money to hide out for several months, if they are frugal. Eventually, they'll run out, and one or the other will have to go to work or panhandle. Before that, they'll run out of groceries and need to pick up some supplies. The best thing we can all do is spread the word far and wide. I'm worried that she will become pregnant if they don't find her soon.

RBBM

Me, too! Ugh, what a mess. Hoping and praying for a peaceful resolution to this.

I, too, worry that it will be a long time before they find them like Elizabeth Smart. In fact, I googled Elizabeth Smart yesterday to remember how long she was gone (9 months). (Encouragingly, when ES was found, she was wearing a gray wig and a veil, yet she was still recognized.) TC and ET probably have enough money to hide out for several months, if they are frugal. Eventually, they'll run out, and one or the other will have to go to work or panhandle. Before that, they'll run out of groceries and need to pick up some supplies. The best thing we can all do is spread the word far and wide. I'm worried that she will become pregnant if they don't find her soon.

THIS. Pregnancy is a very real possibility here - I share your concern.

Question: is his wife assisting LE?

And it just occurred to me she might already be pregnant. :(

I don't think she is, and here's my reasoning: seems to me she had NOT had intercourse (yes, i know it's statutory rape) and that is why she as researching the marriage laws ---- thinking if they got married, then having sex was a-ok. That said, I doubt she will relent, but then again, once you are defenseless in the middle of the boondocks, anything can and will happen. Trying to think like a 15 year old is exhausting --- so incredibly divorced form reality.

Now, another thing, and folks please don't freak out here: are they looking in Utah? If I was TC, I would convince her there is polygamy there and it's legal.

That's what I'm thinking. This took some planning on his part. I doubt they are in some grubby campsite though -- I'm leaning towards isolated cabin in the woods somewhere. If I was 15, it would even sound romantic.

I am absolutely thinking isolated cabin in the woods. I figure they have 2-3 weeks of groceries and supplies and will need to venture out by the first week of April.

I know the poster you are referring to from many other WS threads. While he can defend himself, I know he was being sarcastic. If I were to go missing, I *for certain* would want his brain on my threads - sarcasm and all.

It's true he has many a good post, just not those ones. Sarcasm is cool, but sometimes it's...not. Just sayin...

This whole thing is just bizarre.

Honestly, he doesn't seem like a criminal mastermind. Could they have gotten in an accident after running off? Perhaps around Decatur? These two just don't seem like they had the capability or the wherewithal to go totally undetected for this long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there is one thing he might have overconfidence in: teens get bored. Their attention span is short. Their need for creature comforts is huge. she will be ready to go back to civilizaiton way sooner than he would want her to. My money is on her escaping in a few weeks, no matter where they are.

I agree with this, however, I also agree with LooksBetterinRed, and others, who speculate that because she appeared to be totally in, with planning this.
The point being, that although it might have appeared to be something that was a 'way out', for her - she may quickly realize, that this isn't all that was promised. A life on the run, may well have more constraints, than she ever had in her family, school, or her job the chicken shop.

And it just occurred to me she might already be pregnant. :(

My gut - for all thats worth - says she is not pregnant. Yet. She seems to be very centered around her & Toad being a couple and being together. I think IF SHE KNEW she as pregnant then we would have seen more 'family' type postings. As it is, the posts are only about her & him.

I hate to speculate down that road...But it might explain the interest in marriage. :(
Right. If they're married he may be thinking he can't be charged with kidnapping, statutory rape, etc. Fortunately, they can't get a valid marriage license. Ugh. I hate this case.

Can someone confirm this?

If Toad went to sell/pawn the two guns he brought with him, his name would be entered into a database at the Pawn Shop and LE could access that info, yes? Would it be possible for LE to 'flag' his name into the system the Pawn Shops use to give the pawn shop workers a heads up if he were to try to pawn his guns?

Where I live, he could also sell it through a private sale. There are laws governing these exchanges, but I know people in the country who worry about them just as little as some of those in more urban areas riddled with gun crimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to speculate down that road...But it might explain the interest in marriage. :(

Since they went to church maybe ET believed that if she got pregnant the right thing to do would be get married. Being pregnant might explain the interest. And it could be reason for TC wanting to plan this. He knew once people found out she was pregnant (if she is) that his life would be over. So he wouldn't have anything to lose by running away with her.

I think if she were pregnant there would have been ONE meme hinting to that on either one of their IG's.

I think if she were pregnant there would have been ONE meme hinting to that on either one of their IG's.
Yeah, to clarify my post above, I don't think she's currently pregnant. But if that occurs, I wouldn't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member