Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thing is just bizarre.

Honestly, he doesn't seem like a criminal mastermind. Could they have gotten in an accident after running off? Perhaps around Decatur? These two just don't seem like they had the capability or the wherewithal to go totally undetected for this long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree he isn't a criminal mastermind....if he was he would have hidden his Instagram page better. But I do think he is a CRIMINAL and did have some time (while sitting at home, suspended) to think about his getaway. And if he already had 'survivalist' tendencies to begin with, then it is easier for him.

You stick me in a 'survivalist' type setting, and I am calling 'uncle' before dark. There is no way I would make it till morning. The first time something 'hoots' in the dark and I am out of there. Toad, though, seems to have some knowledge of living off the grid.

Okay thanks. I looked it up to see about how long it would take to get here from Decatur if they avoided highways and it would be almost 3 hours. And that's if they didn't stop at all.

My fiance is arguing with me telling me I shouldn't call because it would be too much of a coincidence. I think I'm going to go hide in the bedroom and call the tip line.
Local LE can be on the lookout!

Where I live, he could also sell it through a private sale. There are laws governing these exchanges, but I know people in the country who worry about them just as little as some of those in more urban areas riddled with gun crimes.

I've pawned a gun before. Serial# would be entered and it would come up in the registered owners name. To get out of pawn you need to go thru the background check. That's how it works in Texas.

Spitballing: I'm wondering, if there really has ever been any opportunity for them to be totally alone together. Like, in a hotel room. I'm guessing, no. All the IG posts, seemed to be about the promise of the 'future'. And not, "hey, that was ... whatever.' (referencing something that had occurred in the present tense.
But the connection of searching for teen marriage, and the idea of all that goes with that, may be what is causing ET's father to disclose this worst fear, to the press. He wants to convey how serious this is.

Guns do not have to be registered in TN... that being said it might be possible that they kept the serial numbers recorded somewhere for insurance purposes. If that is the case I would hope it could be flagged or something if TC's wife remembered this and gave the info to LE.

This whole thing is just bizarre.

Honestly, he doesn't seem like a criminal mastermind. Could they have gotten in an accident after running off? Perhaps around Decatur? These two just don't seem like they had the capability or the wherewithal to go totally undetected for this long.

Bonnie and Clyde they are not.

How was she getting that level of information on another student? Unless, someone with access was giving it to her...

Hi all (new to this case).

Some schools have directories with all the teachers and students numbers/addresses.

I've pawned a gun before. Serial# would be entered and it would come up in the registered owners name. To get out of pawn you need to go thru the background check. That's how it works in Texas.
I'm not 100% but I don't think any state has a gun ownership registry. I have pawned a few as well. They do record the serial number on the pawn application. ATF mandates that for tracking of firearms in storage there. And every state I have pawned in, yes, still do the background even on firearms you brought in. Will have to do some reading on the ownership list though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

How was she getting that level of information on another student? Unless, someone with access was giving it to her...

Hi all (new to this case).

Could be or it's a small school so she may have just known.

Do teachers have school issued computers or laptops? If so, I'm very curious about what was on those and if she had any access to it.

I finally found the case I have been hunting for, that reminds me of this situation. The teen girl ran away with the 47 year old ranch hand. They eluded police for quite awhile. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...W-16-Kernville-11-June-2015&highlight=walmart

Maybe we can glean some of the thought processes they might have by reviewing this case.

Also, I will quote myself because, well, because nothing ever changes with these creepers:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=11891070
Every summer it's the same thing: Some creepy old man lures a young teen and disappears into the woods with her. It never ends well for the perp, and sometimes not for the teen. :(

Guns do not have to be registered in TN... that being said it might be possible that they kept the serial numbers recorded somewhere for insurance purposes. If that is the case I would hope it could be flagged or something if TC's remembered this and gave the info to LE.

Oh wow...that's scary...in a way

He's supposed to have a concealed permit so guns should be registered. Still option of filing off the serial number and selling
off market...

Spitballing: I'm wondering, if there really has ever been any opportunity for them to be totally alone together. Like, in a hotel room. I'm guessing, no. All the IG posts, seemed to be about the promise of the 'future'. And not, "hey, that was ... whatever.' (referencing something that had occurred in the present tense.
But the connection of searching for teen marriage, and the idea of all that goes with that, may be what is causing ET's father to disclose this worst fear, to the press. He wants to convey how serious this is.

There was an instagram post where she says his shirts become her shirts. Not kidding. #love

That is really the only post that references something that might have actually happened vs something that was just a fantasy.

Edited to add: I *just* saw this post - and well, it can be taken to mean several things. :notgood:

_.babygirl2001._"the time comes for the flowers to bloom, the fruit of love starts to grow, soon when the fruit gets too heavy, it shall fall from the tree, fertilizing a new part of the ground away from the tree, and starting a new life." #love #together

I agree he isn't a criminal mastermind....if he was he would have hidden his Instagram page better. But I do think he is a CRIMINAL and did have some time (while sitting at home, suspended) to think about his getaway. And if he already had 'survivalist' tendencies to begin with, then it is easier for him.

You stick me in a 'survivalist' type setting, and I am calling 'uncle' before dark. There is no way I would make it till morning. The first time something 'hoots' in the dark and I am out of there. Toad, though, seems to have some knowledge of living off the grid.

He had a good five weeks to plan this out. IMHO, he chose a place (I am thinking that he rented a cabin) and paid cash. Someone suggested a prepaid card, which would be perfect for booking online. No way do I think they just headed out on the open road, destination unknown. And no way do I think they are living off the land. They have actual groceries and soon they will need more. It will take luck, but I am hoping they are spotted the next time they venture out - and they will. IMHO.

I finally found the case I have been hunting for, that reminds me of this situation. The teen girl ran away with the 47 year old ranch hand. They eluded police for quite awhile. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...W-16-Kernville-11-June-2015&highlight=walmart

Maybe we can glean some of the thought processes they might have by reviewing this case.

Also, I will quote myself because, well, because nothing ever changes with these creepers:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=11891070

I am so glad you remembered! I tried and could not come up with her name for the life of me.

She eventually will want a younger man. Then what? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor