Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

From the above link:

Jan. 31, 2017: MCPS administration was notified by law enforcement that Cummins was the subject of a criminal investigation. MCPS turned over all known information and documentation to law enforcement about the recent allegations against Cummins at Culleoka Unit School, which were still under investigation by MCPS.

Did I miss this previously, or was it known info that on 1/31 TC was already the subject of a criminal investigation??

ETA: the timeline shows it was a MCPS investigation... and then THEY were notified by LE there was a criminal investigation. I don't know if I missed this, or it's strange reporting, or ???

to add to that (my updates in bold):

Mon. Jan. 23, 2017 Cummins and Thomas were caught kissing

Tues., Jan. 24, 2017: Culleoka Unit School administration was notified by a student concerning an allegation of contact witnessed between Cummins and a student. The complaint stated, “It wasn’t like a make out kiss, just a peck on the lips.” Culleoka Unit School Administration gathered all information that day from the student who was said to have witnessed the alleged inappropriate contact.

Wed., Jan. 25, 2017: MCPS Chief of Staff, Dr. Amanda Hargrove, was contacted by Culleoka Unit School administration, and Dr. Hargrove immediately began an investigation.

Thurs., Jan. 26 – Mon., Jan. 30, 2017: As per Board policy 5.500 and 6.305, Dr. Hargrove and staff investigated the allegations by interviewing all pertinent parties, including students, staff and administration.

Fri., Jan. 27, 2017: The student named in the alleged concern was removed from Cummins’ class and schedule by Culleoka Unit School Administration.

Tues., Jan. 31, 2017: MCPS administration was notified by law enforcement that Cummins was the subject of a criminal investigation. MCPS turned over all known information and documentation to law enforcement about the recent allegations against Cummins at Culleoka Unit School, which were still under investigation by MCPS.

Tues. Jan. 31, 2017 Thomas' father was just now informed about the investigation and that the school found nothing to substantiate the claim.

Fri., Feb. 3, 2017: Late Friday afternoon, MCPS received an allegation that Cummins had been in contact with the same student, despite explicit directives from his supervisor not to interact.

Thomas was given in-school suspension for showing up in his classroom.

Mon., Feb. 6, 2017: At 8 a.m., Dr. Hargrove met with Cummins and suspended him from his duties at Culleoka Unit School.

March 13 - both Cummins and Thomas disappear together.

March 14 - Cummins’ final termination from MCPS was prompted by his allegedly fleeing the area on March 13, reported to MCPS by law enforcement. A termination document was finalized by MCPS.

:yourock:

Because her IG clearly shows she was in on the whole thing. All In. I dont believe she ever said any such thing. Look how she behaved toward the girl who reported the kiss .And we are expected to believe that she, herself, told someone to call the cops on him? Color me skeptical.

*Although she is still 100% victim of this loser, she most certainly doesn't see it that way.
I've never been one to take everything on someone's social media as gospel. People post what they want others to see and possibly respond to. Not necessarily their true, deepest thoughts and feelings. If she felt any fear or ambivalence, I'd be surprised if she posted it on the account she used to communicate with him.

While I disagree about her being in "Mortal danger". His IG in indeed, creepy in its blatent proclamation of his twisted fantasy of their "unbreakable love"!

I dont think he'll physically harm the girl, I think he views himself as her savior who "sacrificed" his whole life for her. ( wife, kids ect...). ( How very Christian of him. Not.)

Right now he is totally delusional, for whatever reason.
I think he's totally coherent, and a predator.

I believe that because of the lack of sightings/tips, TC may have had help. I think it's possible that someone is concealing them. Has anyone else considered the possibility of sex trafficking?

I think they headed west too and are under the radar. States like Texas, Missouri, New Mexico, Arizona in areas with little to no cell or internet service so as anyone who lives in these towns have no clue who they are.

No way would they go north (too cold), nor east or south as those areas are too congested and they could easily be spotted.
Maybe California. I feel he enticed her with beach living but who knows what is going through his head now.

Yup. The teddy bear he brought on top of the items we see him carrying out shows he was thinking a lot to keep her happy.

Whatever place he chose he most likely let her help him decide. So maybe we should be thinking what place she would like the most.

ETA Some girls do like camping a lot too. I am not sure if she was the type that liked camping out.

BBM

I missed this, I'm at work and scanning so it's no surprise. But what teddy bear? And where did you see him carrying items out? Thanks!

From the above link:

Did I miss this previously, or was it known info that on 1/31 TC was already the subject of a criminal investigation??

ETA: the timeline shows it was a MCPS investigation... and then THEY were notified by LE there was a criminal investigation. I don't know if I missed this, or it's strange reporting, or ???

I think where the confusion may lie is that it was her dad that was complaining about not being notified of an ongoing investigation by the school and the cops.

If they did make it out of the country, I bet they are posing as father/daughter.

One thing I noticed on both of their IG's (hope this has not been stated already). They both tag almost everything with #love. Maybe it means nothing but it's odd to me.

I believe that because of the lack of sightings/tips, TC may have had help. I think it's possible that someone is concealing them. Has anyone else considered the possibility of sex trafficking?
I am sure they are trying to track his auto tags. I wonder if he changed out tags?

I pretty much disagree with the idea that they are in a campground or a national park. It takes a lot of gear, groceries, and liquids to survive in a camping type situation for any length of time. There is a large turnover of visitors and strangers coming in and out during all times of the night and day. Depending on where it is, it may also put you well out of internet and phone access. There hasn't been any indication that I know of that Cummins took along a bunch of camping supplies and groceries, which is exactly what you would need in order to "rough it" for a couple of weeks. He's got a 15 year old girl in tow that is used to taking showers, washing her hair, using an indoor toilet, and sleeping in a nice soft bed. I don't think he would attempt to thrust her into a mountain-man lifestyle even for a short time, it's too much of a change too quick.

I envision them staying at one of those cheap motels that you can rent by the week, maybe even a cottage or a cabin in some privately owned get-away resort. I have little doubt that Cummins probably picked up a burner phone at a Dollar store, activated it, and bought about 400 minutes worth of airtime so he could at least monitor things. Keep in mind, most of the smartphones and androids on the market today have internet access and wi-fi built into them. For about $70 bucks, you can be completely outfitted and largely anonymous. That means he could get free internet access if he is within range of a McDonalds, a Wal-mart, a truckstop, or dozens of other businesses that normally have public access to wi-fi. Many motels offer free internet access to their customers. That means that Cummins has the same ability to surf the net and read the same things all of us are reading, including this Websleuths forum, and he may be able to do it free of charge.

As I stated earlier this morning, I think he and ET traveled well out of the initial Amber Alert zone within the first 24 hours. The key to him being unrecognized is to keep her hidden and out of sight. If he's alone, nobody is going to look at him twice if he walks into a convenience store and buys beer or goes to a gas station and fills up with gas. He'll pay for everything with cash of course. As long as the two of them are not seen together, then the average Joe on the street will never connect the dots. His car and license plate would be the biggest giveaway, but that's only if someone is even aware of the Amber Alert and has the ability to pull the plate number up and verify it at the time. I think it's safe to say that your average citizen isn't all that diligent, especially if they are out of the Alert Zone. Since this has been broadcast on all of the major news outlets by now, the chances of somebody five States away actually recognizing him is getting higher. The longer he keeps ET hidden in a room and out of sight, the longer this is going to take. This guy had at least 5 weeks to research and hatch this scheme, and he isn't a dumb person (by definition anyway), so it actually makes sense that he could've managed to get off the grid and get hidden very well in the 24 hours before the Amber Alert went out. For some reason, I think they headed west towards Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, using Interstate 10 and 20 to get where they wanted to go. Whatever and wherever locations he may have shown on his Instagram account...........figure the exact opposite of that.

So many great points in this post, thanks steelman!

I did wonder why after all the obvious planning involved that TC did not delete his IG account before leaving. Perhaps the "clues" were red herrings. Or maybe they were genuine interests at the time of they were posted but TC knew LE (and the rest of us) would go over those posts with a fine-tooth comb.

Regarding burner phones, how would one evade GPS locators? Would turning the "Location" option off be sufficient? Or is it not even a concern when the phone you're using isn't registered under your name in the first place? (And presumably, no calls would be made to family and friends.)

I just updated this timeline with that information.

01/23/2017 Alleged incident takes place
01/24/2017 Incident reported to school officials
01/25/2017 School administration began investigation
01/26/2017 School administration being interviewing all parties, including students, staff and administration.
01/27/2017 ET is removed from TC's class by school administration.
01/30/2017 School administration finish interviewing parties.
01/31/2017 School administration is notified by LE that TC was the subject of a criminal investigation. MCPS turns over all known information to LE.
01/31/2017 The principal instructs TC not to allow ET into his classroom
01/31/2017 LE contacts AT and informs him of the incident
02/01/2017 AT contacts the school about the incident
02/03/2017 ET is seen in TCs classroom from 12:11PM to 12:44PM
02/03/2017 TC is officially reprimanded for violating the the January 31 directive
02/03/2017 TC is officially reprimanded for non professional conduct
02/06/2017 AT through his attorney demands the school ensure there will be no contact between TC and ET
02/06/2017 TC is suspended without pay at 8AM
03/13/2017 TC abducts ET
03/14/2017 TC is terminated from his employment

After reading steelman post- I have been a teenage girl and I wouldn't have lasted a week camping. No way. I would've lasted one night, maybe two. But that's it!
I wonder what he packed or purchased in the weeks leading up to this? Besides the videos that have been released. It'll be interesting to see if they release any further information. Like did he buy a tent a month ago on a credit card? Is there any cash missing besides the title loan? What items are missing from his home? I know we may never know the answers to these types of questions but I'd sure love to know! Lol!

someone mentioned human trafficking - that's a possibility but it doesn't sound right to me.

if the human trafficking scenario was true - why would the people doing it want to risk such high profile case?

it's crazy how its been more than a week, and no sighting or signs of them. they're probably heavily disguised or is hiding somewhere and have not been out and about.

I think where the confusion may lie is that it was her dad that was complaining about not being notified of an ongoing investigation by the school and the cops.

They had been seen kissing weeks earlier at Culleoka High School on January 23
Staff allowed him to carry on teaching but removed her from his science class
Her family learned of it a week later when police visited the house to investigate

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...izabeth-Thomas-called-wife.html#ixzz4bylkCEhr

If the burner-prepaid phone was bought with cash and the minutes where paid with cash and he never linked it to his credit card-debit card or Gmail acct then it would not matter if the location can be tracked or not. It would make no difference because they would have no idea who owns that random phone. I'm sure if he did buy one, he probably would've been smart enough to turn off the location anyway and would've been smart enough to pay in cash.
If I went today and got a 50$ metro pcs phone and minute pack with cash and never linked it to any of my personal stuff or my wifi, how would anyone know it was me? They wouldn't.

I also don't think he took this girl for human trafficking-sex trafficking purposes. There's no evidence to support that theory.
It looks like he took her because he wanted a forbidden relationship with her .
I can see why some are grasping at straws here because we all just desperately want this girl returned home but the chances of Tad Cummins being BG or selling girls for sex trafficking- human trafficking just don't seem reasonable to me. Imo

For those of us that followed the Indiana murder thread the last thing we need is another blurry image to try to look at.

With that said can anyone make out what he is carrying in his arms in the third photo down.

I see a teddy bear at the top of the pile and that is about the only thing I can make out.

Its too bad it is not clearer as his items should hint to where they went. Sorry if this has been discussed before.
The teddy bear speaks to his grooming the girl.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3139214/tad-cummins-elizabeth-thomas-alleged-kidnap/

After following your link I can't find any photos of HIM carrying a pile of things. The third photo down on the link you provided is a photo of Elizabeth carrying things.

(photo attached)

is this the photo you're referring to?

attachment.php

Attachments

• nintchdbpict000310439304.jpg
    nintchdbpict000310439304.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 326
From CNN update posted today:

"The teen's father, Anthony Thomas, told HLN's Ashleigh Banfield that he had suspicions something was going on a few days before his daughter disappeared, but that she never mentioned Cummins.The belongings she took and the ones she left behind "are very confusing," he said, but would not elaborate further, citing the ongoing case."

BBM.

This is disturbing but perhaps TC instructed her to take and leave certain items for the express purposes of confusing LE.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/us/tennessee-teacher-manhunt/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member