Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my previous post, I mentioned that the transcript may not reflect ALL his education or certifications. Turns out, it didn't.

I just found the Tennessee Dept. of Ed site (which by the way is advertising the Amber Alert on a red banner at the top). He WAS licensed. They seem to have suspended it now however...

From their site:

Name: Tad Eric Cummins

License Number: 000582939

License Type: Apprentice Occupational Educ

Endorsements: 577 Health Science/Occupations

Effective Date: 09/12/2011

Expiration Date: 08/31/2016

Current status: Inactive - Superseded

You can do the search for yourself here: https://tdoe.tncompass.org/Public/Search

I don't but I try to stick to only confirmed facts and leave my assumptions out of it.

I'm only asking if LE or video confirmed they left/are together. Keep an open mind, we've seen stranger things happen around here.
TBI would not charge him without proof they upgraded his charges to include Kidnapping has on the 10 most wanted listed

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I wanted to add something from my experience in the field of education.

Sometimes there are variances that allow certain tracks of classes--like career prep oriented ones, for ex--to be taught by someone without a teaching degree.

Also, even with regular classes, there are variances schools can apply for if they want to hire an uncertified teacher. They usually can if they can demonstrate no certified teachers with the necessary skills and experience applied for the job. Often a situation like this is temporary only, but some do allow an uncertified teacher to stay in the job as long as they are working toward their own certification.

I don't know which of these might apply. In Michigan, a teacher's certification can be looked up at the Dept of Ed site. Has anyone tried to look his certification up?

The school certainly verified his teacher's certification, when they hired him. That information is in the media file.

Not sure why people think her sibling would be lying about her telling them to call police if she didn't return back by 6?

I don't think it's far fetched. Maybe she knew something was different about him and she was afraid. We obviously have no idea what this girl was thinking so I'm not sure why some people are so quick to think this is not true.

And it's kinda rude to insinuate that her sibling would lie about that...

Crazy thing just happened to me...

I was in the parking lot of a grocery store (I'm in MD) and i look over and there's a guy sitting in the front seat looking around through his side mirrors. Head was shaved, had a grey beard identical to TC and glasses on. I knew it wasn't him because besides the similarities his face didn't look like him. And then, 5 minutes later I look over and I realized he's sitting in a silver Nissan rogue!!! I sat there and just watched him and he eventually got out and popped the hood of the car. That's when I noticed he had a neck tattoo. I know it wasn't TC but my gosh, my heart dropped to my feet there for a minute.

Sounds a lot like one of the 350 tips that LE has gotten so far............................next time that happens though, give the guy a judo chop across the adams apple, make a citizens arrest on the spot, and hold him for LE. Even if it isn't him, you'll get some exercise, have a little excitement, and show that you are a concerned citizen.

https://kidnapping.uslegal.com/state-kidnapping-abduction-laws/tennessee-kidnappingabduction-laws/

[FONT=&amp]Kidnapping is the crime of taking a person against their will to an undisclosed location. This may be done for ransom or in furtherance of another crime, or in connection with a child custody dispute.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]According to the laws of Tennessee, kidnapping is false imprisonment as defined in § 39-13-302, under circumstances exposing the other person to substantial risk of bodily injury. § 39-13-302 defines that a person commits the offense of false imprisonment when knowingly removes or confines another unlawfully so as to interfere substantially with the other’s liberty. Kidnapping is a Class C felony and false imprisonment is a Class A misdemeanor [ii][/FONT]

I must've missed this. Where was this reported? Does sounds like a hugely important fact.
This definitely appears true. If you googled 'Elizabeth Thomas told sister to call police if she didn't get home by 6', you will see lots of links covering
this. Its harder to find the exact comments here on websleuths.

And not an AS, and AAS... applied associates... which is different. He's not quite as educated as they made him out in the beginning... Its more of a 'technical' degree, not as many gen eds required and not necessarily on track for a BS.

Yep, it's a vocational-type degree/certificate

Hello everyone! Here are my thoughts and questions...if they knew what was going on was "forbidden love" or whatever, why would they secretly communicate with each other on the social media that everyone knew of? Why not just create a private account to use? What if they really did this and we just haven't found it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the article http://wkrn.com/2017/03/20/family-a...mas-warned-to-call-police-if-she-wasnt-home/: “But most alarming is what one of Thomas’ siblings just revealed to Whatley. An issue that has arisen as of late is a statement made by Mary Catherine to a sibling the day she disappeared,” the lawyer told News 2.
“The statement, as we understand, is that if she was not back by 6 p.m. that evening that law enforcement should be called,” Whatley continued.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=[SIZE=2][/SIZE]]This mention of ET's request that LE be called if she wasn't back by 6 p.m. troubles me, so I have tried to consider different perspectives on it. Here are my thoughts (for whatever they are worth):

* Perhaps ET's statement was misunderstood by her sibling. Maybe this isn't what she actually said.
* If it is what ET said, the next question is why?
* If ET didn't trust TC, she might say this to get help if the situation got out of her control.
* But, I think the bundle of clothes she brought with her and the social media posts all suggest that she planned on leaving.
* If she did plan on leaving, why on earth would she say the 6 p.m. thing to a sibling?
* Maybe she gave this specific time to her sibling to delay the process of reporting them missing. Maybe ET and TC realized their disappearance would be quickly noted and submitted to LE, so maybe they thought the time between they left and 6 p.m. would give them enough time to get far enough away (or to their planned destination). Making this statement might have given them a bit of control over the initiation of the search for them. This seems to be the most likely scenario when I consider all the possibilities.

Oh, another thing--when it comes to cell phones--can they ping if they are receiving incoming calls/messages or trying to automatically update? Or do they only ping when the user is trying to call, message, etc.? Could it be they were long gone from the Decatur AL area when ET's phone pinged? Does this make sense?

I think those are strong possibilities: either the family doesn't want to believe she left willingly and is reading her comments through that bias (and I don't blame them on that) or, as you stated, TC didn't want police called until they had a whole day to flee the area and were settled into some remote location.

I think it's probable--given what we know about her posts and the clothes she took--that she went willingly. But, it's possible he told her to just bring a change of clothes, her devices, and some swimwear etc under the ruse that they were just going to spend a special day together. I don't think this is likely. But I do think it's possible.

On Monday,*Thomas' brother told Channel 4*that Thomas told their other sister to call police if she was not home by 6 o'clock.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34964033/...-alleged-relationship-between-student-teacher

( Sent from WSMV )

Jill Cummins added she is heartbroken for the family of Elizabeth Thomas, the 15-year-old who was last seen in Columbia on Monday.

"Tad, this is not you. This is not who you are. We can help you get through this," Jill Cummins said.

"Please do the right thing, bring Elizabeth back home," she added.

District Attorney Brent Cooper announced Tad Cummins now faces an aggravated kidnapping charge.

I'm local I have followed every update and article. These things are stated in multiple articles.

There was no mention confirming he picked her up at the restaurant. I do recall there was a thought that was where he picked her up but I hadn't seen where that was confirm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

And not an AS, and AAS... applied associates... which is different. He's not quite as educated as they made him out in the beginning... Its more of a 'technical' degree, not as many gen eds required and not necessarily on track for a BS.
As a RT, for a time anyway, that is not entirely correct. There are institutions that do offer a BS for RT. Granted, not many, but they are out there.

The school certainly verified his teacher's certification, when they hired him. That information is in the media file.

Where is the teacher certification? I did not see it. The only certification in his file is for a Licensed Respiratory Therapist. (Page 22 and 23)
On page 26 there is a checkmark next to Occupational Education License (Apprentice Occupational) then on page 28 it appears they are using that License to say it is his teaching license. In the area where it asks for his teacher's license someone made a note and wrote, "needs occupational license".

Is that even valid? Isn't that like saying I should get a teacher's job because I have a drivers license? :p

https://mgtvwkrn.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/thomas-packet-to-media.pdf

GOOD. It's clear the school had no interest in advocating or investigating for the minor student. He did what any parent or guardian should do. He took it seriously in the exact way he should have. Their "investigation" was a joke. JMO

In what way was their investigation a joke? They received a report. They interviewed the pesons involved. Then they took action. It looks like a normal investigation to me.

I keep thinking about one of her IG posts, she talks about getting a new bed...because others kept sleeping in her other one..and someone did something dirty in it and made it gross.
The post is "Loving you is like breathing. ..I just can't stop ". With what we know about the family issues it just keeps bugging me, who was it? Was it done to her?

In my previous post, I mentioned that the transcript may not reflect ALL his education or certifications. Turns out, it didn't.

I just found the Tennessee Dept. of Ed site (which by the way is advertising the Amber Alert on a red banner at the top). He WAS licensed. They seem to have suspended it now however...

From their site:

Name: Tad Eric Cummins

License Number: 000582939

License Type: Apprentice Occupational Educ

Endorsements: 577 Health Science/Occupations

Effective Date: 09/12/2011

Expiration Date: 08/31/2016

Current status: Inactive - Superseded

You can do the search for yourself here: https://tdoe.tncompass.org/Public/Search

If it expire 8/31/2016 he was working as a teacher without ANY license, even this "occupational license"?

This definitely appears true. If you googled 'Elizabeth Thomas told sister to call police if she didn't get home by 6', you will see lots of links covering
this. Its harder to find the exact comments here on websleuths.

At what time did this sibling disclose this? The further away from the time she was reported missing, the less credibility it has imho.

In what way was their investigation a joke? It looks like a normal investigation to me.
His wife at first tried to cover it up. They punished ET by giving her ISS not Tad they did not inform her parents and they lied about their timeline. I would call it a joke. That's why ET father is suing. They failed to protect the students and ET from Tad.

There was no mention confirming he picked her up at the restaurant. I do recall there was a thought that was where he picked her up but I hadn't seen where that was confirm.

I think it was assumed he picked her up because he filled up the gas tank near the Shooney's where she was dropped off.

I think this news came out yesterday, if I'm not mistaken, VIA MSM - but that doesn't mean the sibling didn't disclose it to police ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merwint