Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering this. Maybe he bought it for the wife and she used it?

For LE to say it's not related sounds to me they know exactly where that dye went and have a copy of the receipt from the store detailing what was bought during that shopping trip( just in case some folks think he bought 2 of the boxed dyes).

I just think that a father proclaiming his 15 yr.old daughter who is missing a week is married to her abductor. I would think that would be the last thing on his mind (the father),especially to make that comment public is something I find disturbing.

I think this is one (and not the only) of his worst fears:

IG "Wife" plus TC search about teen marriages plus kiss at school plus discussions with ET where she insisted he worked for the CIA/FBI plus whatever else LE told him that we don't know about.

Do you think he's clueless about how the legal system works?

I think ET;s father made the statement I am afraid he has married her,after he found out TC had checked where a female of age 15 could get married. They would just fill out the marriage license and get married.
It would not be found out that TC is already married until later.

Wow, 14 and 15 in a lot of states. I wouldn't doubt if they travelled to any of theses states and are bunkered down. Maybe Hawaii is somewhere they plan on going. Since they can get married and it's tropical, which seemed to be a thing for them when looking at their IG accounts.

Doesn't he first have to get a divorce? He would give away his location if he filed.

That is a very odd thing for a father to say, especially this early in the search,imo..

It's just very disheartening," Anthony Thomas told NBC News Tuesday after being finding out that new piece of information. "I'm afraid he's married her."

I would be interested to know how there could be any type of legal, binding marriage. She couldn't possibly have legitimate identification. Even if she has a fake ID, it will be discredited eventually and the marriage exposed as a sham, let alone illegal in every imaginable way. Plus, I would be shocked if they could find anyone (JP, judge, priest, preacher, minister, ship's captain, etc.) that would see the two of them together and not run for the nearest phone to dial 911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think ET;s father made the statement I am afraid he has married her,after he found out TC had checked where a female of age 15 could get married. They would just fill out the marriage license and get married.
It would not be found out that TC is already married until later.
I would think that TC is educated enough to know any marriage would be void(at least in this country) without a divorce or death certificate.

They said this yesterday that the purchases were legitimate. Does that mean he took the dye home? I'm not sure how they reached this conclusion

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
RSBM

Agreed. Some people are into twisted, kinky stuff. This TC pervert fits the bill for depraved.

Doesn't matter if it wasn't a "romantic" kiss or not; it's wildly inappropriate for a teacher to kiss a student no matter what.
SABBM

Absolutely.

I just think that a father proclaiming his 15 yr.old daughter who is missing a week is married to her abductor. I would think that would be the last thing on his mind (the father),especially to make that comment public is something I find disturbing.
RSBM

Not sure what to think about that. Agreed that I wouldn't put that thought out for the public to mull over.
Curious what ET's home life was like. (There certainly were lapses of judgement on her mother's part !)
Obvious she was an unloved child.
My .02 is that this dad of ET's is gearing up for a humongous lawsuit.

MOO

She could have put that on her FB to impress her friends or fantasizing about it?

Probably in her heart she's his wife. Or maybe she's a bride of Jesus. It's been there awhile.

I just don't see them getting legally married anywhere. Doing so would alert everyone to their location. Plus the he's already married thing.

The 'Decatur phone ping': if it is an accurate report, that it was ET's phone, it might suggest one of two things:
1. ET was beginning to get anxious, and attempted to use her phone, or
2. ET was instructed to turn on her phone, and then turn it off. And they would back-track, and head in a different direction. I agree with SouthernCutie & TNHybrid - the 'ping' just might be a Red Herring.

Destination: I lived in Nashville, and traveled to/through the Great Smokeys, and on to Gatlinburg. A person can definitely disappear there. As long as they are not seen together, they can disappear for a long time. Until one of them, is overly confident, and slips up.

Marriage status updated as wife: I am not surprised. As I continue to write down quotes of his statements about her (father figure, etc.), it suggests that 'only he, knows what's best for her, only he can bring her to church, and 'save her', etc. In short - he is 'the only one' for her. If he can convince her that he can marry her, he can convince her that they can live as 'husband and wife'. And all that goes with that.

OnLine Marriage 'certificate': I am wondering, if there are 'online pastors', who can perform 'paper marriages'. Legal? Hell no. But TC could easily convince ET that it is.

This is very telling, hmmm I wonder if she threatened to runaway if he didn't take her. Possibly TC thought she would be taken away by social services and go into foster care. So he did this which was really stupid!!! Since she added wife to her Instagram she definitely saw him more than a Father figure. I hope and pray he doesn't get intimate with her. Wouldn't it be horrible if she ended up pregnant. [emoji45]
I think it would be rape, not intimacy.

The IG accounts: Very interesting, if you open both of them up, in two separate windows, and analyze them, side-by-side. I agree with others - I believe they have both created fake/new SM identifies. Editing to add: If TC did a fair amount of research and prep, as TBI suggests he did, I think it would be essential, for TC to have an unregistered smart phone, with which they can watch news reports, and watch what is said about them. It might help them avoid places that are covering their story.

School I.D.: I am also wondering if TC could have 'facilitated' in some way, a fake school I.d. for ET, that states she is older. An age that suits his purpose; 16, 17 or 18.

He's a victim in this situation, as far as we know. And who knows how panicked he is. And it's really unnerving to talk to media in general. I think it's unfair to judge him or his words.

The IG accounts: Very interesting, if you open both of them up, in two separate windows, and analyze them, side-by-side. I agree with others - I believe they have both created fake/new SM identifies.

School I.D.: I am also wondering if TC could have 'facilitated' in some way, a fake school I.d. for ET, that states she is older. An age that suits his purpose; 16, 17 or 18.
Here in Nashville we don't have student id's not even in high school not sure about Maury County but it's much more rural

RSBM

Agreed. Some people are into twisted, kinky stuff. This TC pervert fits the bill for depraved.

SABBM

Absolutely.

RSBM

Not sure what to think about that. Agreed that I wouldn't put that thought out for the public to mull over.
Curious what ET's home life was like. (There certainly were lapses of judgement on her mother's part !)
Obvious she was an unloved child.
My .02 is that this dad of ET's is gearing up for a humongous lawsuit.

MOO
Per Wsmv regarding when she lived with her mom
Channel 4 found that police arrested Elizabeth's mother, Kimberly Thomas, last year. She was charged with five counts of child abuse and neglect.

According to court documents, Kimberly Thomas beat Elizabeth and four of her siblings.

Elizabeth told investigators her mother "banged her head into the agitator of the washing machine." She said her mother "threw her down the basement stairs and locked her down there."

Kimberly Thomas is also accused of making the children get naked in front of several other people.

Elizabeth is one of 10 children in a single-parent home because her father now has full custody of all of them.

She was abused at home and could not get help at school because he was abusing her too

I read in the news TC spoke Spanish and fleeing to Mexico was a possibility. Does anyone know if she suffered any abuse at home? If so perhaps he thinks he's saving her. What a messed up man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's interesting that he speaks Spanish. I knew this guy that would go to Mexico and act as a missionary not affiliated with any church and he would set up shop to teach English. You would not even believe how welcoming the villages are to people that come in and will teach them English. He always went the the Ocean front areas on the Western Coast of Mexico. He would help poor villages build a place or worship and would also minister to them. They would offer him a tithe. They would help him with food and housing as well. It's not uncommon in those areas for a grown man to married to a teen. They would fit in quite well. He's a teacher, he knows he could teach English and he would be welcomed in these villages. He could have easily traded his guns & vehicle (chop shop) to be smuggled in to Mexico and given another vehicle on the other side. I also don't think it would be hard for him to drive in to Mexico on his own with a different vehicle and changed appearance, he may not have even been stopped. He may have been posting on IG the ocean resort pictures to show her what it would be like where they were going.

I also think that she might not have thought he was serious about taking her somewhere when she met him that day. Even if she did think he was serious, she may have been hesitant. The things she allegedly said to others that day indicate to me that she thought they would be found before the end of the day and she was going to be seriously grounded and not allowed to leave the house with friends after that. I just think she didn't think the entire thing was real. He may have made her many promises before and never followed through on them and she had no reason to believe he would follow through on it this time either.

I also wonder why the Amber Alert was issued so early, though I am not complaining about it. I think that the person who dropped her off knew something was up or was told what is up and that person went to authorities about it. I believe the Amber Alert was then issued once they couldn't locate TC. Who knows, for all we know TC may have left a note to his wife that he was leaving. Maybe someone simply saw her get in to his vehicle and knew there had been issues between the two at school and they went to authorities. I just think their has to be more at play there in the beginning that the authorities knew for a fact that she was with TC and not just hanging out with friends somewhere.

Per Wsmv regarding when she lived with her mom
Channel 4 found that police arrested Elizabeth's mother, Kimberly Thomas, last year. She was charged with five counts of child abuse and neglect.

According to court documents, Kimberly Thomas beat Elizabeth and four of her siblings.

Elizabeth told investigators her mother "banged her head into the agitator of the washing machine." She said her mother "threw her down the basement stairs and locked her down there."

Kimberly Thomas is also accused of making the children get naked in front of several other people.

Elizabeth is one of 10 children in a single-parent home because her father now has full custody of all of them.

She was abused at home and could not get help at school because he was abusing her too

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34967126/da-missing-teen-had-troubling-home-life

Not sure if the link had been posted yet, apologies if duplicate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have been wondering this. Maybe he bought it for the wife and she used it?

I don't really see what difference it makes, or why they even showed that particular clip of him shopping before they left. It will just serve to confuse people imo. Either she, or he, had ample time to grab hair dye, at any time preceding their leaving. Walmart is not the only hair dye retailer on earth. I think they prepared well in advance of leaving, and a change of appearance would seem to me, to be one of the first considerations.

I don't think they are shopping as they go. At all. He was into survivalism by some accounts, and I believe he would've taken every possible thing he could think of, into account. I don't think they're stopping for disguises, or tampons, or other necessities...

I do think they have a specific destination in mind, and they are going to try and get there as quickly as possible. I doubt very much, that they are holed up in a little cabin somewhere, hoping for the best.

I suspect they will try and leave the country, as the would be the best shot at going undetected long term, and/or his not being punished/extradited if they are found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southshore16