Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TY for the info' about this little girl having been abused including (allegedly??) se@ually. That detail changes the situation for me - poor child - she's in such danger.

Nancy Grace? read Carr v. State, 267 Ga. 701 (1997) or Bell v. State, 263 Ga. 776 (1994) or read the book "Bloodthirsty *****es & Pious Pimps of Power" by noted trial lawyer Gerry Spence.[h=3][/h]

Most girls would have thrown in a duffle bag or a backpack even a grocery bag. Much easier to carry around. This leads me believe it was last minute.

Forgive me for asking, but is MCET low-functioning intelligence-wise?

No flames! Please. I ask only because children, especially teens, are easier targets for predators if they exhibit a degree of developmental challenge. IMO

Again, I am asking sincerely and am not 100% up to speed....

Why are they saying this child 'had a tough life'??? The ONLY thing I've heard now is the podcast/radio show when Nancy Grace says this was a family of 10 kids - that doesn't necessarily mean 'tough life' ??? ! ?? tyia for enlightening me....

Her mother is in prison for abusing her.

IMO the likelihood of her winding up pregnant is less than half. Most men his age who have grown children and grandchildren have long since been snipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive me for asking, but is MCET low-functioning intelligence-wise?

No flames! Please. I ask only because children, especially teens, are easier targets for predators if they exhibit a degree of developmental challenge. IMO

Again, I am asking sincerely and am not 100% up to speed....
I think she's more than likely emotionally stunted from being traumatized to what extent Idk and to answer your ? The family has not stated anything only that she was severely abused IMO its worse than we know

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

TY for the info' about this little girl having been abused including (allegedly??) se@ually. That detail changes the situation for me - poor child - she's in such danger.
I'm not sure why she wouldn't be in danger if not for the abuse at home.

I think she's more than likely emotionally stunted from being traumatized to what extent Idk and to answer your ? The family has not stated anything only that she was severely abused IMO its worse than we know

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
She's also in her first year of public school. We do not know how much exposure she's had to peers outside of the family.

I think it's dangerous to attack the looks of a predator. It can subconsciously send a message that if someone is handsome they're safe.

She was physically assaulted by her mother and sexually assaulted by men her mother brought into her life. She was removed from her mother's care and she was sent to live with her Dad. She had been home schooled and this was her first year in the public school system. She was also being bullied at the school, although it's unclear whether this had started before her kiss with TC or after.

Thank you. I came in here to ponder "what on earth is so horrible in this child's life that she felt more comfortable running off with this adult man and being his "wife" (poor thing... only many years from now, after a whole LOT of therapy... will she realize that she was just his sex toy and he was just a pervert, and that that's not the way a grown adult healthy man *loves* a woman! :-( ) than being in her home or not running back home screaming after a few days. Now I understand totally. Heck her family life practically groomed her for this; he had to hardly do nothing. :-(

This may not be the place to post this, but it is in response to the many posts that say he "looks" like a predator, that his voice is creepy, that there is no way that ET would be attracted to him. I think he looks like a normal human being that any number of people would find attractive (e.g. his wife). I watched the video and his voice did not make me shudder. I don't understand this need to demonize the bad guys - and I do believe he is the bad guy - and exult the good ones. Over and over you hear people describe the perpetrator as having evil eyes, the look of the devil, etc. While the victims are described as angelic, truly beautiful, they have the look of pure innocence. I don't know what this furthers, and in fact I think it can be detrimental in that it establishes an unrealistic composite of evil/good. The fact is that sometimes the bad guys look normal or are even attractive and sometimes the good guys look normal or unattractive.

That said, I truly hope ET comes home safely soon.

Not taking offense, just his voice did creep me out and not because he's a "bad guy." One of my dear friends is a wonderful girl but I hate her voice and her laugh. So whether a person is considered good or bad makes no difference IMO.

She was physically assaulted by her mother and sexually assaulted by men her mother brought into her life. She was removed from her mother's care and she was sent to live with her Dad. She had been home schooled and this was her first year in the public school system. She was also being bullied at the school, although it's unclear whether this had started before her kiss with TC or after.

Proof please? Yes, i've read the allegations of physical abuse by mom and the 'getting naked' in front of other people... and dad moved back into their house. Please link if there is more info that that. She did have a rough life.. most definitely, but lets not stretch it so that if she IS reading here by chance, or her family is, that we make it worse.

Dateline Fan: Yes, of course she's in danger NO MATTER WHAT, but it just tells me that she is extraordinarily vulnerable to someone like him - malleable. I knew she had been 'homeschooled', so that to me means likely she was kept isolated from the locals. And, now, to learn on top of that she's was physically hurt (washing machine....EG). Add se@ual abuse ('men'.... 'strip naked'....). This poor child was a Perfect Storm, ready to become a crime victim of someone just like this man. IMO

I think it's dangerous to attack the looks of a predator. It can subconsciously send a message that if someone is handsome they're safe.

If you think about it, when the teacher involved is an attractive female involved with a male student, society tends to not consider her crime to be as serious as when it's a male teacher. Totally not right, IMO.

This may not be the place to post this, but it is in response to the many posts that say he "looks" like a predator, that his voice is creepy, that there is no way that ET would be attracted to him. I think he looks like a normal human being that any number of people would find attractive (e.g. his wife). I watched the video and his voice did not make me shudder. I don't understand this need to demonize the bad guys - and I do believe he is the bad guy - and exult the good ones. Over and over you hear people describe the perpetrator as having evil eyes, the look of the devil, etc. While the victims are described as angelic, truly beautiful, they have the look of pure innocence. I don't know what this furthers, and in fact I think it can be detrimental in that it establishes an unrealistic composite of evil/good. The fact is that sometimes the bad guys look normal or are even attractive and sometimes the good guys look normal or unattractive.

Yes. It's part of our natural desire to "otherize" people who do this. That's why we call rapists murderers etc "monsters." Nope. They're boy scouts. Dads. Brothers. Buddies. Friends. Moms. Sisters. Sorority sisters even! Guys you grew up with. Don't do the "he looks like a Creepy Creep McCreeperson!" thing because you know what that does? It means when some guy like Brock Turner rapes a woman he gets three months in jail which he doesn't even finish because god forbid his life should be set off the rails and he looks like SuchANiceGuy after all so this was clearly just ya know a one time abberation. Remember: Paul Bernardo was HOT back in the day (my lawyer friends who have seen him of late say he's paunchy and greying and very typical 50something,,, but he'd probably be attractive were he on the outside and still able to keep up with modern fashion and grooming trends). Ted Bundy too. Rod Alcala was on the freaking Dating Game! Don't judge on looks... please.

I only have a bachelor degree in psychology so no expert but imo it is a way for people to process a situation they personally can't relate to. The majority of people can't even imagine being attracted to a child much less kidnap them. And because people can't understand it is easier to categorize the perpetrator as evil and find the evil about him because the truth is much harder to accept. The truth is we can't see the evil in people's hearts at a glance and that even harder to process is that the evil is in plain sight (the grandpa next door, the mail lady, the well liked teacher).

Yes! And if he looked like George Clooney and it was a 17 year old, what would be said then? ET had low self esteem and called herself ugly..... by criticising him for his looks instead of his ACTIONS is reinforcing that 'ugly' people don't deserve the 'better' people......... which is how SHE looks at herself. If your kids are hearing or reading this, what are THEY thinking about themselves, or any of their friends that are overweight or not 'perfect' ?

IMO the likelihood of her winding up pregnant is less than half. Most men his age who have grown children and grandchildren have long since been snipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let me “snip” him. I’m thinking my oldest, dullest, hedge clippers…...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jro74