Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My best friend's kid was seduced at age 14 by a 32 year old woman. It destroyed him. He's a heroin addict now. He thought it was cool and the attitude of his father and other males reinforced that (it happened at dad's house). But the fact is that children that age cannot handle sexual contact with an adult. There is an imbalance of power, and elements of manipulation, control and exposure to thing they aren't ready for, that really screws them up.

Women who do this are predators too. And they deserve to be imprisoned.

Unfortunately the old boys network doesn't protect their young, and I've always felt misery loves company. It's stronger to call it "hot" than to admit they were a victim. And as long as there is this mistaken belief than an erection implies consent, this trend will continue. A relationship means those involved are partners, and that can't happen when someone uses their age, position or finances or any other situation to control their partner. Used to be that husbands couldn't rape their wives, marriage was implied consent. Now we know better. I'm always hopeful that female predators will be seen as the real predators they are. In the case of Letourneau, the boy should have received counseling. Because of his age and the situation it's not uncommon for this to happen. It's why girls who are abused as children often become promiscuous, they continually relive the situation and it becomes normalized in their behavior. So frustrating when people bring up cases like that to indicate that it can be love. It's not love and it's sad.

The footage released? his wife was with him. Hair dye was for her mother. Idk why they waited so long to say but all purchases were legitimate.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Wait a minute, ET bought hair dye for HER mother? Why?
This doesn't seem right.

Oh, Mr. and Mrs. C were shopping and Mrs. C bought hair dye for her mother while he was shopping for his runaway trip with a 15 year old - ballsy.

It helps to use initials versus he and she or info gets confusing around here.
adding - I wanted to put a smiley here but they won't work - crazy.

Lots of info from the DA on the case I never knew before.

Nancy Grace podcast here
http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/crime-stories-with-nancy-grace/e/49534265?autoplay=true

Clues teen didn’t want to go with teacher Tad Cummins?

< 1 day ago · 21 minutes
A prosecutor offers new clues suggesting Elizabeth Thomas did not leave voluntarily with former teacher Tad Cummins. The 15-year-old told her sister “if I’m not back by six o’clock tonight, call the police or come looking for me,” District Attorney Brent Cooper tells Nancy Grace. “My biggest fear is that she had changed her mind about going with Mr. Cummins and that she expressed that to him and he took her then forcefully,” he tells Nancy in this episode.

Unfortunately the old boys network doesn't protect their young, and I've always felt misery loves company. It's stronger to call it "hot" than to admit they were a victim. And as long as there is this mistaken belief than an erection implies consent, this trend will continue. A relationship means those involved are partners, and that can't happen when someone uses their age, position or finances or any other situation to control their partner. Used to be that husbands couldn't rape their wives, marriage was implied consent. Now we know better. I'm always hopeful that female predators will be seen as the real predators they are. In the case of Letourneau, the boy should have received counseling. Because of his age and the situation it's not uncommon for this to happen. It's why girls who are abused as children often become promiscuous, they continually relive the situation and it becomes normalized in their behavior. So frustrating when people bring up cases like that to indicate that it can be love. It's not love and it's sad.

Man, I love you. Your posts are right on, so intelligent and informed.

I've worried about this. Gotta be traumatic enough to be cheated on but then to be the source of a national manhunt and take off with your student and devestate your family. I hope the town supports his wife she will need it

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

She's got to be reeling. I hope she realizes this isn't her fault. I can only imagine how I'd feel in her situation and the worst would be the guilt and worry for the child. Further proof that females are toys for TC. Can't believe how many innocent people he's hurt.

A couple of thoughts after skimming her Insta again. Does anyone know if she eats gluten-free? There are several pics of gluten-free foods. If so, this will be one glitch in his plan. As someone who eats gluten-free, it's difficult to find foods, and it must be even more so on the run.
She posted a pic showing a proposal caught by a secret photographer, that implies this is the kind of proposal she wants. She isn't likely to get it. That won't set well.
I just seriously don't think either of them thought this through. Like, at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Needing gluten free food is going to be his downfall!
Moo

Nancy Grace podcast here
http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/crime-stories-with-nancy-grace/e/49534265?autoplay=true

< 1 day ago · 21 minutes
A prosecutor offers new clues suggesting Elizabeth Thomas did not leave voluntarily with former teacher Tad Cummins. The 15-year-old told her sister “if I’m not back by six o’clock tonight, call the police or come looking for me,” District Attorney Brent Cooper tells Nancy Grace. “My biggest fear is that she had changed her mind about going with Mr. Cummins and that she expressed that to him and he took her then forcefully,” he tells Nancy in this episode.
Thank you! &#128526; I knew there had to be someway to find a link that is allowed.

Please tell the grammar police to take the rest of the night off. Seriously? LoL. Who cares!
Sorry didn't get the memo prior to posting ^

there, they're, their, now, it'll be okay. ;)

RSBM

Couldn't watch it. (& I DO mean "IT")
What, did she hurt her neck whilst throwing ET down the stairs, or into the agitator of the washing machine ?
Or is it a ploy for sympathy ?
I see people on twitter raking him over the coals for giving an abuser a platform to communicate with her victim.
FWIW

Nancy Grace podcast here

Clues teen didn&#8217;t want to go with teacher Tad Cummins?

< 1 day ago · 21 minutes
A prosecutor offers new clues suggesting Elizabeth Thomas did not leave voluntarily with former teacher Tad Cummins. The 15-year-old told her sister &#8220;if I&#8217;m not back by six o&#8217;clock tonight, call the police or come looking for me,&#8221; District Attorney Brent Cooper tells Nancy Grace. &#8220;My biggest fear is that she had changed her mind about going with Mr. Cummins and that she expressed that to him and he took her then forcefully,&#8221; he tells Nancy in this episode.

Finally someone said it. This has been my fear from the beginning. I also think he painted her as a Lolita to his co-workers to cover his tracks with them.

,,,,,pedophilia denotes an imbalance of power, child molestation, a dirty old creep who is into sexually assaulting someone vastly younger than he or she, because they can be controlled, dominated and manipulated,,,,,

TY, TY, TY... IMO, when Gramps is spending all the hours in the car with this child, he is NOT interested in holding scintillatingly meaningful conversations about life with her..... IMO Gramps is a Mega-Perv'. Gramps was this child's freakin' TEACHER and, oh, what a breach of trust !

Maybe she will eventually get tired of this, grab one of those guns his wife said he took with him and shoot him where it counts. I wonder if she knows how to use a firearm? In one of ET photos she's wearing a blue type camouflage shirt or uniform.

But it makes no sense. No way could someone just walk off the streets here in NJ and get a teacher's job because they have an AAS degree in respiratory therapy. What exactly was he teaching? What the hell is forensics?

I think the Forensics class was not a debate class, but a CSI kind of class - DNA, fingerprinting, etc. Which is also unsettling.

Gorgeous!!!

On another note, re: Pedophilia - we all know what was meant. It's technically actually ephebophilia. But pedophilia denotes an imbalance of power, child molestation, a dirty old creep who is into sexually assaulting someone vastly younger than he or she, because they can be controlled, dominated and manipulated. It is about harming an innocent child. Even though the "attraction" to a sheltered, innocent and dysfunctional teenager, by a dirty old man may not technically be pedophilia, ephebophilia is also an imbalance of power, child molestation, a dirty old creep who is into sexually assaulting someone vastly younger than he is, because she can be controlled, dominated and manipulated, and about harming an innocent child.

Whether 4 or 14, it's all creepy and horrible. What happened to Elizabeth Smart, for example, is not much less disturbing than if she had been 4, rather than 14. And while this was not a forceful entry and abduction, the results of this can and will still be catastrophic for this little girl who is being exposed to things she should not at this age and who is facing real and serious danger at the hands of this predator.

I hope she makes it out alive. I worry she might not. The semantics aren't that important to me.
You're so awesome :) So eloquent and succinct, and you made it so I didn't have to go look up the actual term. Thank you! Been thinking about you and your family, too. &#128150;

Nancy Grace podcast here

< 1 day ago · 21 minutes

Considering there is information to point to the fact that ET had changed her mind and didn't want to leave with TC, it could also be quite possible that TC had taken over control of ET's SM and he was the one who was actually changing her status to wife and making posts. I have a daughter in high school and "hacking" friend's (and especially boyfriend/girlfriend) accounts is very common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean! I couldn't look past the screen grab. I swear I could go right at her through the screen. The gall.
RSBM

Couldn't watch it. (& I DO mean "IT")
What, did she hurt her neck whilst throwing ET down the stairs, or into the agitator of the washing machine ?
Or is it a ploy for sympathy ?

Indeed!! Wondering what a 15 year old girl sees in this particular man based on his looks is pointless. There is so much more to everything than looks! Gorgeous men can be predators, hideous men (by 2017 American society's standards) can be wonderful people. This is most likely a desperate girl who has a past where she was abused, she wasn't looking for the hottest guy to treat her nice, she was desperate for anyone to feed her what she wanted to hear. A predator who is grooming her is going to tell her exactly what she wants and needs to hear and that will overcome any superficial looks.

Shoot, I forgot to turn on Primetime Justice. Commercial now, now back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en