Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW Athens Alabama is 66 miles away from Columbia TN.
The people who allegedly spotted them even took a photo and gave a license plate # to LE.
Moo

I am maybe 10-15 mins from Athens. Strange that they would still be in this area, but I hope it's them. Depending on how one would travel, Athens is kind of between Decatur and Huntsville.

Jamaica is close to my heart. As a travel agent I've gone many times. Sandals does all our leadership conferences to one of their resorts for our company. As I mentioned before I don't think Jamaica is in the horizon. Unless at a resort area they won't fit in. Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 12 days I really have my doubts he'd risk going out in broad daylight on Saturday afternoon during a nationwide manhunt IMO

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I agree but if someone even has an inkling that it could have been them, I would rather they report it. Maybe its them maybe its not.

I am wondering why LE thinks large parking lots and parking garages are good places to search? I have never heard of places like these for possible sightings. I can't imagine they would be living in the car in these places.

When I was leaving the garage at work a couple days ago, I was thinking that would be a good place to hide out in a corner of it for a while. There are several in Huntsville, but I am not sure of many (if any at all) in Decatur.

I bet they are hiding in a boat that had been winterized kinda like the Boston Bombers did, maybe even went the opposite direction and are in the ozarks on someone's boat. Not boating weather yet and would give them a few weeks of hiding before most people are ready to get their boats back in the water. Could even be on a boat at a storage place like someone suggested they hid their car in storage...

That's a good idea, it would definitely allow them to stay hidden for awhile.

His blatant disregard for his wife and family is sickening.

I struggle with this. He is so blatant about it. Were no actual adults 'friends' with him on instagram? Did they assume he was talking about his wife? So many questions.

I just got an Amber Alert. I was so hoping it was updated information on Elizabeth about maybe another vehicle. Sadly it's not. It's for an 11-month old in another part of Alabama.

Just took a minute to read through TC's instagram. Remembering that ET worked at Chickfila, he posted a shot of the chickfila sign with "Will you marry me " on it. Totally gross and feel so much worse for his family.

Wow I never saw this on his instagram where about is that post?

Do y'all really think he attempted to look for a job? Remember that he allegedly told all of his students about how he had unlimited funds. Wouldn't he keep the charade up for ET?

Yeah, it seems doubtful to me, too, but if it's true it is an interesting piece of information.

I struggle with this. He is so blatant about it. Were no actual adults 'friends' with him on instagram? Did they assume he was talking about his wife? So many questions.

Maybe they just weren't on Instagram. My parents are a little older than he is, but neither one of them use Instragram even though they both do use Facebook.

I am maybe 10-15 mins from Athens. Strange that they would still be in this area, but I hope it's them. Depending on how one would travel, Athens is kind of between Decatur and Huntsville.

Athens would actually be the top tip of a triangle, with Decatur and Huntsville forming the two corners on the bottom. And it's on the way back up toward Tennessee. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they changed their minds and were on the way back?

I agree but if someone even has an inkling that it could have been them, I would rather they report it. Maybe its them maybe its not.
Definitely at least tips are coming in. May not be them but they may spot them somewhere else while checking out a tip. I really wish LE would say how they know he was looking for work in Decatur by computer or calls and what day or time it happened

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I'm sure she's wanting to go home to her nice warm bed, family nice clothes by now. Her older sister and her are close. Excitement of it all has surely worn off by now. I mean how fun could this 50 yr old man be for a 15 yr teen?

I just got an Amber Alert. I was so hoping it was updated information on Elizabeth about maybe another vehicle. Sadly it's not. It's for an 11-month old in another part of Alabama.

I know I mentioned it earlier about Elizabeth's Amber Alert that it went out with just "Silver Nissan". Well this newest Amber Alert for the 11-month old is for a "Black Honda". They have got to be more specific with the type of vehicle. I guess I've never really paid much attention to know if this is the norm or not for Alerts, but I do feel valuable time is lost with these vague alerts when they undoubtedly know exactly the type of vehicle someone may be in.

When I was leaving the garage at work a couple days ago, I was thinking that would be a good place to hide out in a corner of it for a while. There are several in Huntsville, but I am not sure of many (if any at all) in Decatur.

I can't think of a parking garage in Decatur, but there are lots of large lots. But I would think they would be noticed in a lot.

I know I mentioned it earlier about Elizabeth's Amber Alert that it went out with just "Silver Nissan". Well this newest Amber Alert for the 11-month old is for a "Black Honda". They have got to be more specific with the type of vehicle. I guess I've never really paid much attention to know if this is the norm or not for Alerts, but I do feel valuable time is lost with these vague alerts when they undoubtedly know exactly the type of vehicle someone may be in.

I'm in CA my iPhone amber alerts are very vague.

WHNT on Facebook is doing a live feed on this case right now. I never know how to link a single post, but here is the WHNT FB page https://www.facebook.com/whntnews19/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

That is very well done overview when playing that live video feed link. Lots of good summary information about the case.

Wish they would have cleared up the part about the hair dye. Yes we know that he may have been buying it for a relative but that doesnt mean it didnt give him a great idea to disguise himself and end up getting some hair dye at another time for him.

The summary was well done though. Thanks for pointing this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor