Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T to Elizabeth but I just read this in my local paper - 16 year old disappeared with a man in his 50s'. Seriously do not understand - I have teen girls and they get grossed out at the thought of being with anyone even a few years older...

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/l...lower-mainland-with-man-in-his-50s-1.12896606
They had a story on our local news about a 21yr old who had gotten a 14yr old pregnant and the amount of people defending the 21 yr old was ridiculous. We have got to educate people about the brains and development of Teens and children

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

My worst fear is this was over before ET was reported missing[emoji17]

If they really did drive back to Shoney's to get her backpack, maybe that's a good sign. She would only need that if they were going to be alive somewhere. Otherwise he could have just told her to forget about it.

I dont have a FB id or password and I get really upset with FB when "Help Find" or "Missing" sites are built there because it is a real struggle to try to look around the silly "blocking" area that keeps trying to get people to get a FB ID.

It takes up so much of the page that it is real difficult to read any of the comments or other unprotected information. It is really bad and I am guessing most people without a FB id just give up and dont get to read anything about the missing person even if they want to.

FB should make the blocking area much smaller at least on missing FB pages to help the public out.

For me I have learned to struggle and look at whatever information I can see but I suspect most people dont because of how difficult it is.

https://www.facebook.com/BringElizabethHome/
I had to create a FB account for this reason. I just made a gmail account, then linked a FB account to it. I gave it a picture and a fake but real sounding name, and I only use it for poking around. Whatever you have to do...

I'm home now and I'm crying, it was very emotional for me, as the car looked just like his and it had Tennessee plates.

I was very emotional and started crying there, thinking if only it were them she would be safe.

Finding out it wasn't them, was very hard! I got a coffee and came home, now I'm letting it out, I just wanted it to be her so bad!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They need to release more information on how TC was looking for work in Decatur. It can't be in person as there have been no sightings. The phones pinged there so maybe he used the internet on his cell phone to look for work. They also haven't said what day this occurred in relation to them leaving.
And when ET left her bag at Shoney's they said no one saw anyone pick it up. So how long was the bag there. Normally after your table is cleared it would be put behind the cashier or hostess table. If no one saw her where was the bag? It might tell us how far they could have gotten before turning around and going back.
I do hope her family was able to do their search in Decatur the weather didn't sound promising and its storming here in Middle TN now.
Praying [emoji72] this ends today with ET safe.

Do we know that the looking for work tip came from and/or was verified by LE? (sorry to ask, I missed a bit on the thread today due to getting behind on stuff) I just find it highly unlikely that TC would be looking for work in a neighboring state that placed him their Top Ten Most Wanted list. I mean, even under the table no-questions-asked type jobs involve being seen by at least one other human being (if only to get paid in cash at the end of the day) or the public to some degree. Also, if TC already needs a job less than two weeks into The Plan than he is definitely not as good at this as he thinks he is.

My worst fear is this was over before ET was reported missing[emoji17]

JMO
The fact about the loan he took out convinces me they are still ok and hiding somewhere. She grabbed some clothes and stuff too.

Im thinking more local now like others.

I am afraid of what he could do when cornered by LE though. LE needs to do a sneak attack arrest on him. That is so important in this case IMO.

I dont have a FB id or password and I get really upset with FB when "Help Find" or "Missing" sites are built there because it is a real struggle to try to look around the silly "blocking" area that keeps trying to get people to get a FB ID.

It takes up so much of the page that it is real difficult to read any of the comments or other unprotected information. It is really bad and I am guessing most people without a FB id just give up and dont get to read anything about the missing person even if they want to.

FB should make the blocking area much smaller at least on missing FB pages to help the public out.

For me I have learned to struggle and look at whatever information I can see but I suspect most people dont because of how difficult it is.

https://www.facebook.com/BringElizabethHome/

I have fb however for the last few weeks I'm not going on it as I'm getting to caught up in silly stuff. I need to explore making friendships in real life. (Nothing wrong with fb but for me was getting too much)
I haven't went on the find pages for Elizabeth but I am tempted. I hope we aren't missing too much :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so let's start here. This should create a clickable/zoomable map for the Decatur area.

If you select the map icon in the lower left, it will switch between street map and Google Earth map which will show you more of the landscape.

This is probably obvious to all, but clicking the + or - zooms you in and out.

What I see immediately are forest areas called Bankhead National Forest and Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge. Let's click around and add more areas of interest in this area.

Once we get a list going, I will flag some of these areas of interest and add a more developed map reflecting those spots.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...f9c3e6268cc372!8m2!3d34.6059253!4d-86.9833417

Bess, most of the large lots I can think of, LE would check any late-night parkers. I almost wonder if a small lot would be a better bet...something secluded, like a doctor's office or a closed standalone business with lots of trees, etc. I have never spent time at Wheeler or Bankhead, but waaay back in these threads some area sleuthers said it would be hard to get into those areas unnoticed.

I'm home now and I'm crying, it was very emotional for me, as the car looked just like his and it had Tennessee plates.

I was very emotional and started crying there, thinking if only it were them she would be safe.

Finding out it wasn't them, was very hard! I got a coffee and came home, now I'm letting it out, I just wanted it to be her so bad!

you did an AWESOME job......you had your eyes open and you remained calm enough to contact LE and stay alert.

Big hugs Dianaeleine. Xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the chills. I hope this has not happened. She spoke of suicide in her instagram post.

And now you're going to make ME cry! (Bless you for doing the right thing, dianaelaine59. There is still plenty of hope to be had.)

For those that are SM savvy. Ive been trying to put myself in her shoes and if I was her I would try to get a quick message on some SM site.

So there may be some cryptic short posting that looks bizzarre on some SM site. She probably has very few opportunities to do something behind his back.

Not sure if there are any SM sites that she would think to post to where you dont have to log in. Most places you need ID and passwords these days.

Thinking along the lines of if I had to put out a message very quickly then where and how could i do that.

ETA
Or leaving a hand written note in a bathroom somewhere. There was another case where an abductee was leaving a bread crumb trail in restrooms. It was the only place she had the opportunity to do something behind his back.

Do we know that the looking for work tip came from and/or was verified by LE? (sorry to ask, I missed a bit on the thread today due to getting behind on stuff) I just find it highly unlikely that TC would be looking for work in a neighboring state that placed him their Top Ten Most Wanted list. I mean, even under the table no-questions-asked type jobs involve being seen by at least one other human being (if only to get paid in cash at the end of the day) or the public to some degree. Also, if TC already needs a job less than two weeks into The Plan than he is definitely not as good at this as he thinks he is.
It was in a MSM article IIRC the statement was released by ETs father's lawyer Jason Whatley. I'm looking for a link

For those that are SM savvy. Ive been trying to put myself in her shoes and if I was her I would try to get a quick message on some SM site.

So there may be some cryptic short posting that looks bizzarre on some SM site. She probably has very few opportunities to do something behind his back.

Not sure if there are any SM sites that she would think to post to where you dont have to log in. Most places you need ID and passwords these days.

Thinking along the lines of if I had to put out a message very quickly then where and how could i do that.

Unless she wants to be there [emoji23]

Longtime lurker new at posting- just wanted to say scrolling thru his Instagram he posts all these pix of places like Malaysia Indonesia etc with the tag #ohtheplaces....clearly to make her think he will take her to all these lovely spots when in reality they are stuck in some hole most likely or far worse-so sad
Sorry if this was already mentioned

If you work with the areas surrounding Decatur, there are quite a few national forests, which I've listed below.

Does anyone have time to look up the websites for these places and see which ones might offer easiest access/most covert and inexpensive lodging options?

I'm going to look for campgrounds next.

Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge
Bankhead National Forest
Nantahala National Forest
Talladega National Forest
Johns Mountain Wildlife Management Area
Holly Springs National Forest
Bienville National Forest
Daniel Boone National Forest
Shawnee National Forest
"Land Between the Lakes" National Recreation

He really screwed up his chances of being hired except maybe a prison job doing laundry or scrubbing toilets at 75¢ an hour. Now he will have a criminal record of child abduction and other convictions once this is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77