Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the media have this Decatur thing correct?
Why is Decatur, TN being discussed? As well as Decatur, AL?
Are both cities important to this story?

Just wow. As I said before, she already lost out on so much of her childhood and she was just beginning to have a chance for a normal life and he saw a vulnerable shaky person and swooped down. If they can't see that, I just don't know what to say. She's a child, much younger in some ways than her years due to her background and he perverted and twisted what she thought was safety. This really makes me angry. Really. I'd like to think they're just trying to come to grips with being friends with a monster, but it's distasteful ignorance like this that gives rise to stereotypes.

You are not alone-this whole thing makes me angry too, poor Elizabeth has been betrayed by her mother, her teacher - who else?

And what worries me if she is still alive and makes a break for it she could still fall victim to someone else.

I can feel my blood pressure skyrocketing...

So what if he bought something like this? No one would recognize them and they could camp out in comfort with refrigerator, stove, microwave, heating/AC, dining area, bedroom and bathroom. It would be tricky getting a registration and tags but if he could pull it off they could be traveling all over. We don't know for sure how much money he had but these can be bought cheap on craigslist.

http://www.rvt.com/Winnebago-Adventurer-34WA-1995-Cape-may-NJ-ID7103415-UX197536

I'm way behind so forgive me if this has been addressed, but having raised a few Boy Scouts, I can tell you that one can make a delicious fruit cobbler using cake mix in a cast iron Dutch oven over an open flame. It was the hit of many camp outs. (In other words, no conventional oven needed.).

Still weird if they have gluten sensitivities... jmo

I just took it to be something she could cook in the microwave he bought for her exclusive use.

"According to Anthony, Cummins helped Elizabeth with homework and “[gave] her money, bought a microwave so she would heat food up in his room [and] try and get her out of trouble.”
http://people.com/crime/elizabeth-thomas-missing-family-letter/

I agree, that "experts" didn't set well with me either. I'm sure her families being advised and they know what to say and not say. Lots of new members on this case, good or bad?

I think having new members is great. New experiences and backgrounds and perceptions. I think new posters who come in accusing others or trying to arrogantly shut down dialogue with nasty inferences, ain't so great.

If he shaved his beard and head bald, ditched the glasses he would look much different. LE needs to post photos of him with different looks he could use to change his appearance. It might help.

I keep thinking that. He has a very distinct chin and jaw. Shaved he would look quite different. Bleached, super short hair and clean shaven I don't know if I would recognize him. More so if he had contacts.

I think the Corpus Christie spotting was just recently though (not within the first day or so of them going missing).

Also, what about identification? People say getting into Mexico can be easy (not returning to the USA tho). Can entering Panama be easy too?

I would imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to go anywhere in Central America with the right conditions (bribes, etc). South America is a different story altogether. In any case, I see where Panama requires a passport at the border, but Belize (English-speaking/borders Mexico) does not from US folks. Pretty exotic beaches there from what I hear, and many expats.

Wow he sure has lots of those kids fooled believing he's some kind of Saint. This guy reminds me of Charlie Manson.

And this is probably why we will be hearing there were more victims. The community behaving this way has probably kept other girls from having the strength to come forward, particularly since these men tend to go after the wounded ones, the ones who don't have the fight in them. And he's well liked, his friend is the DA, and those who do know about his indiscretions blame it on the young girls and treat them with disdain so he gets away with it and each time he gets a little bolder until something like this happens. Well here's a newsflash for women everywhere, if your husband, boyfriend, or significant other goes off with another women, it's his fault. I don't care if Marilyn Monroe herself came back to life, stripped herself naked and begged my husband to have relations, if he does it he's to blame. Fact is if JC blames TC she has to leave him, if she blames ET then she can continue with her marriage. And for the women who are stupid enough to get sucked into relationships with married men? She does understand him, they are having sex and if he does ever leave her for you all you're getting is man who cheats on his wife and someday that will be you. Rant over.

BBM- this has been my thought/fear all along. I mean no sightings? It is as if they landed somewhere and have not left. It would take a lot of planning, supplies, and luck to be completely isolated for two weeks.

I can't imagine anyone playing along with TC's sick game, but it is my guess someone is.

There have been other cases where perps were able hide with their victims. The most recent in my mind is Gary Simpson who kidnapped his niece and wasn't found for 8 days. He was found by men searching on land. He had planned pretty well.

Still though, I imagine he will soon run out of essentials. And I worry the longer he has her, the more delusional he will become.

Does the media have this Decatur thing correct?
Why is Decatur, TN being discussed? As well as Decatur, AL?
Are both cities important to this story?

I have not seen any mention anywhere of Decatur, Tn. I have only read on multiple MSM stories that the phone (I believe it was her phone) pinged in Decatur, AL.

And this is probably why we will be hearing there were more victims. The community behaving this way has probably kept other girls from having the strength to come forward, particularly since these men tend to go after the wounded ones, the ones who don't have the fight in them. And he's well liked, his friend is the DA, and those who do know about his indiscretions blame it on the young girls and treat them with disdain so he gets away with it and each time he gets a little bolder until something like this happens. Well here's a newsflash for women everywhere, if your husband, boyfriend, or significant other goes off with another women, it's his fault. I don't care if Marilyn Monroe herself came back to life, stripped herself naked and begged my husband to have relations, if he does it he's to blame. Fact is if JC blames TC she has to leave him, if she blames ET then she can continue with her marriage. And for the women who are stupid enough to get sucked into relationships with married men? She does understand him, they are having sex and if he does ever leave her for you all you're getting is man who cheats on his wife and someday that will be you. Rant over.

Great post [emoji1303]

Yes! Communities can breed a culture of silence. And the shame this creates for victims leads many to stay silent. (especially when they see how another victim is treated by the public.) That's how the creeps like Jerry Sandusky, pedophile priests, teacher, doctors, lawyers, etc...can prey on victims in plain sight.) And these predators know how to create a life and facade around them, that other people don't want to be help responsible for "ruining." So, inappropriate behavior is just written off. I remember when the Sandusky stuff started steamrolling in the media, someone actually described his behavior as "That's just Jerry."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves