Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, leaving her house key on the porch suggests that she wasn't planning to EVER come back and also served as a signal to her family that she is gone for good.
dont take that as 'the last word'. It has been said she wanted her ride to take her home. It was denied.

Another thing I'm confused about (because, you know, I'm annoying like that) : This home had security surveillance cameras. Who monitors those ? The company ? The home-owner ? How does that work exactly ? If TC had showed up to the home several times announced and uninvited, wouldn't there be video of that somewhere ? If so, that might help fill in some of the timeline.

If im not supposed talk about the, please forgive me. Her dad talks about the surveillance on his Twitter account. He said ET helped him set i to up and she knew the system. Someone was asking about when TC showed up at their house and he has no video of it, and he said maybe because ET knew how to delete video bc she knew the system.

What I was told (take this loosely) is that he was playing on TC's computer in the same room.
Hmmm.. Ok. Wonder if he saw the kiss. If he did though, TC had time to convince him not to say anything and explain it away. Also telling on your grandparent is understandably difficult for many kids.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

FWIW, I thought the same thing.

He knew she had the allergy beforehand and could have enough gluten-free food for awhile until things calmed down enough for him to go into a food store for more. Remember,this was well planned and he would have taken the allergy into account beforehand.

not necessarily. Some girls take a lot of 'just in case' stuff. And that can be like the 'mother load.'

dont take that as 'the last word'. It has been said she wanted her ride to take her home. It was denied.

The sister said she got in trouble for losing multiple keys, so she started hiding them around the house so she wouldn't get into trouble again.

The Epi Pen wasn't for asthma. Epi pens are for anaphylaxis. Her doctor thought with how bad her reactions were getting to eating the food her chances of anaphylaxis was high. Doctors don't give Epipens out for fun.
Yeah that is what I thought also because an allergy that causes hives is one that can also cause anaphylaxis.

So...the home surveillance wasn't through a security company, according to what the father said. Wonder what prompted the father to install the cameras. Not that they are uncommon or anything, but I know he worked a lot of hours, so maybe he was concerned about security or monitoring the kids or maybe even the mother trying to contact the kids ?

common to leave a key on the porch...under a mat, etc.
Especially in smaller communities. When I lived in Franklin, not far from Columbia, most people didn't even lock their doors.

This may not be a popular statement, but...
I am really hoping that it WAS her choice to go with him, and she wasn't forced, for a couple reasons.... mostly being that I believe it puts her in a much safer place for now. If he does think he's in love with her, and cares about her etc.... there is a much better chance that he will NOT hurt her and WILL let her go when they are finally caught. Or she can decide she needs to go home and he will let her. If he took her against her will, its much more of a fight to get her back, and if he's as some are making him out to be, which may well be true... he has NOTHING to lose. We do NOT want it to come to that. So i'm going to choose to look at it as she wanted a 'vacation' with him, and had every intention of coming home on HER terms....(thus the being grounded when she did) and now its blown up so much more than they thought, she is scared. It needs to be put out there that she will NOT get in trouble if she comes home.... and if she does think she is in love with him (as many many many teenagers 'think' at the time) that he can be helped and will not be hurt etc. Lets figure out a way for a peaceful homecoming.

Ok, to flush TC out- His family would have to go along with this one (maybe they would agree to because of how he has treated JC). Maybe LE can hold a press conference where they say they have arrested JC, and one or some of TC's children for their involvement in the kidnapping and that their grandchildren are being placed in foster care pending investigation....
Just a thought again...

So...the home surveillance wasn't through a security company, according to what the father said. Wonder what prompted the father to install the cameras. Not that they are uncommon or anything, but I know he worked a lot of hours, so maybe he was concerned about security or monitoring the kids or maybe even the mother trying to contact the kids ?

Great point!! But several of our neighbors have surveillance systems not for cause. They just like to keep an eye on things. But I would love to know the answer to that!

I'm going to guess it had to do with the custodial issues and restraining order against their mother.

Especially in smaller communities. When I lived in Franklin, not far from Columbia, most people didn't even lock their doors.

I'm in East TN. Hubby and I sleep with the front door wide open in the summertime. Not unlocked, wide open. But then, we're in the middle of the forest (which obviously explains my lack of understanding when it comes to security systems). Make it up my driveway unannounced in the middle of the night, and you probably won't make it back down without an ambulance.

I am really hoping that it WAS her choice to go with him, and she wasn't forced, for a couple reasons.... mostly being that I believe it puts her in a much safer place for now. If he does think he's in love with her, and cares about her etc.... there is a much better chance that he will NOT hurt her and WILL let her go when they are finally caught. Or she can decide she needs to go home and he will let her. If he took her against her will, its much more of a fight to get her back, and if he's as some are making him out to be, which may well be true... he has NOTHING to lose. We do NOT want it to come to that. So i'm going to choose to look at it as she wanted a 'vacation' with him, and had every intention of coming home on HER terms....(thus the being grounded when she did) and now its blown up so much more than they thought, she is scared. It needs to be put out there that she will NOT get in trouble if she comes home.... and if she does think she is in love with him (as many many many teenagers 'think' at the time) that he can be helped and will not be hurt etc. Lets figure out a way for a peaceful homecoming.

Well said!! I agree and am hoping the same thing. After reading this article, it really puts into perspective how bad things were at school. IMO, a lot of people would want away from the toxic environment at the school.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/03/...-girl-elizabeth-thomas-for-her-own-abduction/

From the article: According to surveillance video, she left her home at 7:41 am. Her sister says that she made 3 trips to her friend's vehicle. She left the home with a large bag, a large purse and what they think is a gift bag.
http://www.waynecountynow.net/single-post/2017/03/29/Keys-in-the-Elizabeth-Thomas-Disappearance-Case

3 trips and then left her house key on the porch. That sounds like more than a day trip planned to me.

I agree.

Pet peeve: I understand that news sites rush to publish articles to be the first with new info, but can't they proofread first? Cringe-worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! The public support her family and friends give to her is so very important. There's a chance she will see a plea from her siblings for example...saying they miss her, NEED her, love her etc is what will let her know it will be okay.

Also I agree she probably did choose to go. My only argument with that is the driving emotion behind that is most likely feeling she owes it to him, imo. Which is probably something he's aware of and I can imagine using against her. A debt hanging over her head: "Look what I did for you, this is how much I love you"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KAT Do you know if she took her epipen with her? JMO I have no idea what TC's family is doing to find him, but I really think that they should be making public pleas for him to give himself up. Once is NOT enough!!!JMO They know people in other States.....they could ask those people to assist in public pleas.

I'm in East TN. Hubby and I sleep with the front door wide open in the summertime. Not unlocked, wide open. But then, we're in the middle of the forest (which obviously explains my lack of understanding when it comes to security systems). Make it up my driveway unannounced in the middle of the night, and you probably won't make it back down without an ambulance.
Yeah I've lived in a couple small communities where people slept with the doors open and just a screen door closed. Also if your neighbor needed to borrow something from you and you weren't home, they just walked in your house, got it and left a note.

Sometimes I miss those communities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members