Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so uncomfortable when she said he doesn't understand what he did wrong, or something like that. WHAT??

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I understand the defense has a job to do, but how in the world anyone can spin driving a minor across the country and raping her as protection is just beyond me. It makes me nauseated. :(

Grooming her, raping her, isolating her in a place where there is no cell coverage or medical facilities, starving her, throwing away her phone, not allowing her to contact family, none of that says "keeping her safe" to me.

"Monster" is not a legal term. TC is a criminal. If justice prevails no one can argue that. His criminal behavior did not extend to his family as far as we know. Let them call him whatever they want and love him enough to visit him as often as they can.

Well TC can say all he wants. The FBI believes otherwise. Thankfully!

I believe she would be eligible for homebound instruction provided by the Maury County School System for the remainder of this school year at least.

I don't see how she could concentrate, I know I couldn't. IMO.

"Monster" is not a legal term. TC is a criminal. If justice prevails no one can argue that. His criminal behavior did not extend to his family as far as we know. Let them call him whatever they want and love him enough to visit him as often as they can.

Well he is a very sick individual for sure IMO.

Easy for his sister to say, TC did not take her car. IMO

I don't see how she could concentrate, I know I couldn't. IMO.

Well i think she definitely needs some healing time from this fiasco initially, and guess everything else will fall into place in due course IMO.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/28/us/tennessee-teacher-manhunt-state-kidnapping-law/

The DA is being very vocal about the issues regarding this meeting Tennessee's legal requirements for a kidnapping. The initial hurdle is MCE's age. As insane as it sounds current law does allow children over the age of 12 to decide to leave their family if force and coercion aren't factors.The defense will likely make a huge deal out of this if MCE claims TC did not force her to leave or prevent her from returning if she so desired. The DA plans to counter this by treating the grooming as a form of coercion and also focusing on the fact that TC was armed.

Both the DA and MCE's father hope to get Tennessee law changed so that the age is increased to at least 16.

Of course he is, he's protecting his good buddy. Sorry, I know we're not supposed to go there, but it's true. Here's the thing, when you have conflicting statutes, the more stringent applies. That's the law, that's the rules. In the state of TN, the age of majority is 18. Age of majority means, along with other things, that a child under the age of 18 cannot decide where they live without becoming emancipated. Now I'm simplifying things, but that's the gist of the entire thing. Kidnapping is an form of interference with custody when we're talking about a child under the age of 18. What I would posture to Mr. Cooper is what would he do if a non-custodial parent had taken off 2500 miles away with a 15 year old child from a custodial parent? He would say that is kidnapping. If I furthered asked him if it was still kidnapping if the child went willingly with the non-custodial parent, he would still say that it's kidnapping. So why is he spouting this nonsense? Because he's just another adult in ET's life looking to exploit her pain and suffering for a re-election on this ridiculous issue. That's part of it and I think the other part is to make all of the adults who failed to protect this girl look good. Jesus H Particular-Christ. This took this child from her custodial parent, made her eat effin flowers in the field, put her in harm's way by not taking her necessary medical saving drugs, prepared for this trip by buying performance drugs, committed serial rape and the DA is saying "whoops, guess we got a loophole here"??????? I would say TC doesn't need a defense lawyer, he's already getting it for free. The DA's job is not to defend the violator and there is no loophole and he can use all the fancy words and crud he wants to, but he's full of crap and he's just as much to blame for this mess as the rest of the adults who let this child down. I would tell anyone with small children, elderly parents or defenseless animals to sell their homes and move because this place just ain't safe.

I have asked some questions to the following effects before. What was the underlying “impairment” (default) that made Mr. Tad Cummins give up good paying “described as his dream” job, wife and kids and grandkids, and the respect of his community at school work and at his catholic church, for an ephebophilia flight?
JMHO, we could refine our comments by checking before flaming. I recall, my benign question about Mr. Tad Cummins was flamed about “he is a pedophile. That is why. Google pedophilia if you do not know.”
I let it slide but Ms. Elizabeth Thomas is an adolescent, JMHO. The corresponding crime, if applicable to Mr. Tad Cummins (yes, I agree he is a monster etc.) would be “ephebophilia” instead of pedophilia.
The distinction is relevant in two extends (1) to comprehend the motives and pattern of behavior of Mr. Tad Cummins and (2) to measure the applicable penalties of his despicable actions according to law.
I would not venture about the law as the applicable Tennessee law was discussed extensively here. Also, Mr. Tad Cummins hurdles compound with Federal penalties as the FBI agent’s criminal complaint of Title 18, United States Code, Section 2423(a) says “knowingly transport an individual who has not attained the age of eighteen (18) in interstate commerce, identified here as victim, with the intent that the individual engage in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense”. This federal crime carries a minimum penalty of 10 years in prison, if I recall correctly.
What is intriguing would be to comprehend the motives and pattern of behavior of Mr. Tad Cummins. Are there people in everyday life under the same pattern of behavior, just waiting to act-up? How to discern those potential offenders? What was the underlying “impairment” (default) that made Mr. Tad Cummins give up good paying “described as his dream” job, wife and kids and grandkids, and the respect of his community at school work and at his catholic church, for an ephebophilia flight?
If he were doing it with an 18 year old woman, he would not be in such predicament as now. That was the question I asked and still vexes me to-date.
Yes, he is a monster etc. etc. What drives men like him to act on his devilishness? What is the difference between doing it with a 15 year old as opposed to a 18 year old? It is my belief this question is worthy of an academic research in scholarly journal article about human behavior and/or for the mental health professionals out there, if there are any here.

Just a small correction; if I remember correctly, Tad Does not belong to the Catholic Church, ET's father does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO...and to be blunt...TC called the relative he knew he could easily convince to defend him. I think she will end up regretting it and resenting him. That's also JMO.

I think the most helpful thing for ET in her recovery (which will take years) is to see TC be convicted of his crimes to the fullest extent of the law.
While he hopefully rots in prison, she will mature and see the evil of HIS ways.
While she may have been vulnerable and exploited by TC, she has also been "shamed and blamed" by the community and her peers.
LE needs to send a harsh message to the public and ET that this man is a serious threat to others. TC needs to be portrayed as a CRIMINAL not forgiven because he is not a monster and he is a good christian man who was only trying to help.
TC planned this over time with evil intentions, this was not an innocent "mistake" made while trying to protect her.

JMO

I am :fence: also, but I have two ideas.

1. Send picture postcards from your hometown or a place you are visiting, with a simple note; for example, "Thinking of you in Castroville, CA, the Artichoke Center of the World." Something along those lines. That keeps the message short and positive.

2. Her birthday is coming up. Send birthday cards.

Anyway, I agree that people should do what their hearts tell them to do.

Kapua, at first blush I think the birthday card idea is a good one. IMO, Keep it light and impersonal. Do you know the date of her birthday and where the address is posted? I think I read somewhere the address was no longer available. Thanks.
I like your birthday card idea. :see ya:

I think TC's sister is simply relaying what his "story" is as it was relayed to her. I didn't get the sense that she actually believes that nonsense about him only running off with ET to keep her "safe".

True story - when I was 15 I ran away with several schoolmates. The boy I had a crush on was running away with some friends, one of whom was the girl my crush was "in love" with. The reason I gave my parents once found was wanting to make sure everyone stayed safe-worry for my friends. The actual reason? My immature 15 year old self didn't want my crush to enter an relationship with the other girl.

TC's story sounds like something made up by a lovesick teen trying to excuse their behavior. And by lovesick teen I want to be clear I am not referring to his victim. Just another instance IMO where TC has shown himself to be behaving like an immature teenager rather than the 50something year old father and grandfather he is.

I can't help but think the whole series of events is like the worst, criminal, irresponsible, disgusting, midlife crisis ever.

All just MOO

Well TC can say all he wants. The FBI believes otherwise. Thankfully!

You think he might have clued in by the fact there were multiple Amber Alerts & major news coverage about him taking ET! (Note sarcasm)

I can't even watch the interview. Unbelievable... just unbelievable.

IMO...and to be blunt...TC called the relative he knew he could easily convince to defend him. I think she will end up regretting it and resenting him. That's also JMO.

You're probably right. I will say this interview made me also feel bad for JC. Can you just imagine the crud she's had to put up with from TC's family?

What TC did is not the kind of thing you do if you are going to be sorry about it later. We all make mistakes and we can be contrite. But anyone with common sense perhaps has thoughts of, "oh, it would be fun to rob a bank, etc.," but you don't do it after considering the consequences. Only calculated predators would do something like TC did, and they are never sorry. Perhaps he's sorry he was caught and LE is not looking the other way.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

IMO, she is a symptom of the world TC built up. They believed his word, period. He created a facade of a religious, infallible family man and mentor. He hyped himself up. He manipulated everyone around him. I suspect there is extreme codependency in his family. She probably doesn't want to accept she was "stupid" enough to be fooled by him, so she's back to codependent denial. I have a feeling JC's life was not the wonderful life they claim. He probably conned and controlled her their whole lives together. He's all she ever knew, so she trusted that was normal. JMO.

I don't think this monster will ever plea. He'll keep trying to do what has worked thus far in his life. But he can't full the federal government, and I hope on the state level he can't fool a jury. (Though if in their city...I have my serious doubts.)

I totally agree!! I think they will do whatever he wants. It is really sad that his family isn't strong enough to see that they are just pawns. Less than a week ago he was willing to forget they ever existed, without a single word. But a few calls from jail and they jump right back on the Tad Cummins crazy train like a troupe of circus monkeys for another round of abuse. So typical of a narcissistic dynamic. :sigh:

I think TC's sister is simply relaying what his "story" is as it was relayed to her. I didn't get the sense that she actually believes that nonsense about him only running off with ET to keep her "safe".

True story - when I was 15 I ran away with several schoolmates. The boy I had a crush on was running away with some friends, one of whom was the girl my crush was "in love" with. The reason I gave my parents once found was wanting to make sure everyone stayed safe-worry for my friends. The actual reason? My immature 15 year old self didn't want my crush to enter an relationship with the other girl.

TC's story sounds like something made up by a lovesick teen trying to excuse their behavior. And by lovesick teen I want to be clear I am not referring to his victim. Just another instance IMO where TC has shown himself to be behaving like an immature teenager rather than the 50something year old father and grandfather he is.

I can't help but think the whole series of events is like the worst, criminal, irresponsible, disgusting, midlife crisis ever.

All just MOO

Ticya,
What I want to know is if you got the boy in the end? :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads