Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a legal perspective, I don't think what happened here could be defined as a "kidnapping". But I absolutely think it falls under the legal definition of "abduction".

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/abduction

Abduction: Taking a person away by means of persuasion, fraud, or force. Some jurisdictions also require that the abductee, the person abducted, be a child or that that the abductor intend to marry or defile the abductee or subject him or her to prostitution or concubinage.

Kidnapping: A crime at common law consisting of an unlawful restraint of a person's liberty by force or show of force so as to send the victim into another country. Under modern law, this crime will usually be found where the victim is taken to another location or concealed.
In some jurisdictions, kidnapping accompanied by bodily injury, sexual assault, or a demand for ransom elevates the crime to first-degree or aggravated kidnapping. Although the terms kidnapping and abduction are, at times, used interchangeably, abduction is broader, generally not requiring the threat or use of force.

ETA: Perhaps one of our attorney's could weigh in here.

Oddly enough, there are different definitions of both, state to state (and no idea how the federal definition lines up). I believe it was the Heather Elvis case where I learned kidnapping/abduction charges applied simply because (it is believed) that she was prevented from leaving on her own.

All that aside, LE has more than enough to nail this pig to the wall on so many other things.

Daphne Quinn told NBC News in an exclusive interview, to be aired Monday morning on TODAY, that she wants everyone to know her brother is not a monster - he must face up to his "horrible" actions — but she still loves him.

Quinn says she spoke to Cummins three times over the weekend.

"He's done this horrible thing, that he has to pay for," she told NBC News. "But he's still my brother and I love him."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...endence-late-1700s-discovered-britain-n749886

From a legal perspective, I don't think what happened here could be defined as a "kidnapping". But I absolutely think it falls under the legal definition of "abduction".

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/abduction

Abduction: Taking a person away by means of persuasion, fraud, or force. Some jurisdictions also require that the abductee, the person abducted, be a child or that that the abductor intend to marry or defile the abductee or subject him or her to prostitution or concubinage.

Kidnapping: A crime at common law consisting of an unlawful restraint of a person's liberty by force or show of force so as to send the victim into another country. Under modern law, this crime will usually be found where the victim is taken to another location or concealed.
In some jurisdictions, kidnapping accompanied by bodily injury, sexual assault, or a demand for ransom elevates the crime to first-degree or aggravated kidnapping. Although the terms kidnapping and abduction are, at times, used interchangeably, abduction is broader, generally not requiring the threat or use of force.

ETA: Perhaps one of our attorney's could weigh in here.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/28/us/tennessee-teacher-manhunt-state-kidnapping-law/

The DA is being very vocal about the issues regarding this meeting Tennessee's legal requirements for a kidnapping. The initial hurdle is MCE's age. As insane as it sounds current law does allow children over the age of 12 to decide to leave their family if force and coercion aren't factors.The defense will likely make a huge deal out of this if MCE claims TC did not force her to leave or prevent her from returning if she so desired. The DA plans to counter this by treating the grooming as a form of coercion and also focusing on the fact that TC was armed.

Both the DA and MCE's father hope to get Tennessee law changed so that the age is increased to at least 16.

The interview is tomorrow on the linked station. Apparently TC's sister is saying it wasn't a kidnapping...no surprise there. She will probably repeat that on the Today show interview tomorrow.

I cannot remember what article I read that indicated that E called her sister and told her if she wasn't home by 6 to call police. I know TC left his wife a note asking that she not call police, so this is different. E may have voluntarily (or was under duress to) meet him the morning she disappeared, but my gut tells me she knew there could be a problem. Reminds me of a situation I was in with a family member, while I was in Jr. High school. I told a teacher I trusted and funny thing, the offending family member disappeared the next day never to be heard from again.

Are they crying foul? They gave interviews, they allowed pictures of themselves, and they were well paid. Now they want everyone to go away? After they spread their rumors? Chalk them up to a few more adults who exploited a child for their own rewards.

Wonder if the ranch has been receiving threats.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4439894/Sister-Amber-Alert-teacher-Tad-Cummins-speaks-out.html

Daily Mail already has up on their site the video of TC's sister with article.

"In their conversations over the weekend, Quinn said it appeared that her brother didn't believe he did anything wrong.

'I asked him why - why would he do this? And the answer he gave me was that she wanted to run away and that she wanted to leave and he didn't want her to go alone and so he went with her so that he knew she would be safe,' Quinn said. "

Quinn also said that her brother appears to be in denial about the hurt that he caused his wife and children.

'He's repentant sounding and I think he would like to get his family back, but I think it just hasn't hit him yet that that's not going to happen,' she said. 'That he's going to have to learn a new normal and he's got a very long, tedious route ahead of him in a place that he's never been and he's just going to have to deal with it.'

Oh I literally cannot with this "keeping her safe" mess.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4439894/Sister-Amber-Alert-teacher-Tad-Cummins-speaks-out.html

"In their conversations over the weekend, Quinn said it appeared that her brother didn't believe he did anything wrong.

'I asked him why - why would he do this? And the answer he gave me was that she wanted to run away and that she wanted to leave and he didn't want her to go alone and so he went with her so that he knew she would be safe,' Quinn said. "

Quinn also said that her brother appears to be in denial about the hurt that he caused his wife and children.

'He's repentant sounding and I think he would like to get his family back, but I think it just hasn't hit him yet that that's not going to happen,' she said. 'That he's going to have to learn a new normal and he's got a very long, tedious route ahead of him in a place that he's never been and he's just going to have to deal with it.'

Makes my blood boil! Talk about victim blaming to the tenth degree. Yuck!

Who me? I was just trying to help.

ETA- Yes, TC has a very long road ahead and with his innocent act, I hope it is the longest available! Lock him up and throw away the key!

MOO

Daphne Quinn told NBC News in an exclusive interview, to be aired Monday morning on TODAY, that she wants everyone to know her brother is not a monster - he must face up to his "horrible" actions — but she still loves him.

Quinn says she spoke to Cummins three times over the weekend.

"He's done this horrible thing, that he has to pay for," she told NBC News. "But he's still my brother and I love him."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...endence-late-1700s-discovered-britain-n749886

There is so much enabling going on here with this man. It just blows my mind.
He groomed this child and kidnapped her.
They can try to spin it any way they like but the "known" details that have been released tell a much different story.
It makes me so angry that TC is putting the blame for his actions on ET, which some of us expected. Infuriating.

JMO

I'm so disgusted and angry! Just watched the interview with Cummins sister. I knew it! He is already spinning his lies. He tells her that ET wanted to run away and big hero, protector that he is, he sacrificed his future so she would not go alone. Does he really think anyone will believe that nonsense?! Apparently she does??! Why would she repeat that idiocy for the news? Probably because she is not bright enough to know Tad Cummins is using her too.

I saw this coming the moment it was reported that he said he was 'relieved' it was over. That narcissistic, drive for self-preservation at any cost, kicked in right away. Now three calls to his (gullible, dim-witted) sister later he is in full swing blaming his victim, and he is spewing his lies via her. I really want to see the media limit this kind of exposure. The last thing ET needs is that pathelogical, pervert enlisting his family, and his mindless followers in gaining sympathy via twisted lies to the media.

To claim that he did this to keep her from going alone and that she wanted to run away is rubbish in view of what is known. He is disgusting, loathsome, and evil. He IS a monster. Tad Cummins needs to be shut down and that goes for his sister too since she obviously has no common sense and apparently is a willing stooge for Tad Cummins.

Cummins sister is proving she is a big part of the victim blaming problem. She needs a reality check and a gag order. :rage:

I'm so disgusted and angry! Just watched the interview with Cummins sister. I knew it! He is already spinning his lies. He tells her that ET wanted to run away and big hero, protector that he is, he sacrificed his future so she would not go alone. Does he really think anyone will believe that nonsense?! Apparently she does??! Why would she repeat that idiocy for the news? Probably because she is not bright enough to know Tad Cummins is using her too.

I saw this coming the moment it was reported that he said he was 'relieved' it was over. That narcissistic, drive for self-preservation at any cost, kicked in right away. Now three calls to his (gullible, dim-witted) sister later he is in full swing blaming his victim, and he is spewing his lies via her. I really want to see the media limit this kind of exposure. The last thing ET needs is that pathelogical, pervert enlisting his family, and his mindless followers in gaining sympathy via twisted lies to the media.

To claim that he did this to keep her from going alone and that she wanted to run away is rubbish in view of what is known. He is disgusting, loathsome, and evil. He IS a monster. Tad Cummins needs to be shut down and that goes for his sister too since she obviously has no common sense and apparently is a willing stooge for Tad Cummins.

Cummins sister is proving she is a big part of the victim blaming problem. She needs a reality check and a gag order. :rage:

You said it much better than I could! :goodpost:
I especially agree that the media needs to limit and stop his ability to reach the public with his propaganda & lies!
The child is THE victim and she should be protected at all cost.
Furious.

JMO

Thank you for saying what I also felt....

FENCE SITTERS:
I can't believe some people still don't understand TC's culpability in this crime. He put her life at high risk. He is 50. By the age of 50 you do know right from wrong.
She is 15....an abused girl who is still developing.
It really is just that simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah. I See. Sounds like Tads deference attorney has been in touch with his sister. Let the games begin. so... He's in "denial" about what he did to his family eh... Out of touch with reality about the seriousness of what he's done, is he?

Interesting that he claims to be "protecting her from harm...But he never says from what, or from whom...

I hope to goodness the next school calls child protection and the police as soon as they hear of the kissing incident. Schools are mandated to address these types of issues with child protection. It sounds as though no policy was in place or ignored. If it had been my case it would have been solved within 24 hours because of the sexual abuse it would be immediately investigated with the police. ET would be placed at home unless required otherwise (running away). This poor girl has had an awful life, it's no wonder she wants to run away. She was highly traumatised as a younger child and probably has PTSD already. I suspect she is a high suicide risk. Something else has happened in that family if she is so keen on getting away from them.
All of this could have been avoided if the school had acted appropriately, looks like some training is warranted. Good luck with being sued they deserve it.

Ah. I See. Sounds like Tads deference attorney has been in touch with his sister. Let the games begin. so... He's in "denial" about what he did to his family eh... Out of touch with reality about the seriousness of what he's done, is he?

Interesting that he claims to be "protecting her from harm...But he never says from what, or from whom...

The commune people said that he told them he was carrying a pocket knife to "protect" ET. Guess he didn't mention the two loaded guns......also, what's up with the "vacuum filters" ? I thought I saw a package of coffee filters on the cabin floor. Maybe to strain stream water? JMO

I hope ET's family is prepared for the horrible nonsense TC is going to spew. IMO, he will say that ET said this and did that, so he would help her. IMO, he will blame her and them. He is in full hero in his own narrative mode.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member