Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up that Elizabeth will be attending a different school

I do not think this will happen. School is almost out here. Do not think going to any schools around here is a good idea. At this age, kids can be cruel. Maybe she can do her schooling on the internet at home.

Elizabeth Thomas’ sister spoke for the first time since seeing her. (Kat)
http://wkrn.com/2017/04/23/elizabeth-thomas-sister-speaks-for-first-time-since-her-return/

What a neat sister Kat is! I'm happy to hear that ET is in a mental health facility seeing a counselor with limited visits from family for the moment. The fewer distractions from healing the better. It sounds as if the family knows not to press for information. The details they have heard in the press are traumatizing, as is thinking of ET without bathing or bathroom facilities and enough food. :(

I do not think this will happen. School is almost out here. Do not think going to any schools around here is a good idea. At this age, kids can be cruel. Maybe she can do her schooling on the internet at home.
Just quoting what they said on the video.

Off topic but if someone could help, it would be much appreciated.

It was a similar case involving a young, blonde girl and an older man a couple years ago. The man killed the girls mother and brother and set the house on fire, then fled to the north east?
They were spotted by a couple on horse back, the feds were notified and the perp was shot by agents outside his tent.

Can't for the life of me remember the names. Can anyone help?
Thx in advance.

Just quoting what they said on the video.

I heard that too and assumed that she might return to a different school in September, not immediately. By then, she will be stronger and the whole story will be off the front page.

Off topic but if someone could help, it would be much appreciated.

It was a similar case involving a young, blonde girl and an older man a couple years ago. The man killed the girls mother and brother and set the house on fire, then fled to the north east?
They were spotted by a couple on horse back, the feds were notified and the perpetual was shot by agents outside his tent.

Can't for the life of me remember the names. Can anyone help?
Thx in advance.

Hannah Anderson from the San Diego area. I can't remember his name.

ETA: James DiMaggio

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Hannah_Anderson

From the article: "And many of the clothes she had left at home were previously taken by law enforcement to help with the investigation, he said."

I understand taking and testing any clothing ET had while she was missing, but why would LE take the clothes she had at home? Clothing she had before she was missing? Is this so they can test for possible sexual contact (DNA) prior to TC kidnapping her? That's the only thing that makes sense to me...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

I believe she would be eligible for homebound instruction provided by the Maury County School System for the remainder of this school year at least.

I believe she would be eligible for homebound instruction provided by the Maury County School System for the remainder of this school year at least.

I would thinks so too. This week is TCAP testing in Maury County Schools.

How do we feel about sending cards to the P.O. Box that was recently provided in these threads?

A. Great idea - MCET will benefit emotionally and psychologically knowing that she is loved and supported by people that have never even met her. People like us outnumber the negative idiots out there and showing her this is crucial to her healing process. And as long as the messages are vetted prior to her reading them, there is no harm to be had.

B. Bad idea - MCET is a trauma victim and as such might be easily overwhelmed, yes even possibly by well-meaning gestures like this one. Our role as the public in this victim's life is officially over. This child needs privacy and time to heal and an influx of messages from strangers could be too much, too soon which could ultimately have a counter-productive effect on her emotional state.

I am 50/50 with the above arguments and wanted to get some further perspective on the matter. Thanks, guys.

I am :fence: also, but I have two ideas.

1. Send picture postcards from your hometown or a place you are visiting, with a simple note; for example, "Thinking of you in Castroville, CA, the Artichoke Center of the World." Something along those lines. That keeps the message short and positive.

2. Her birthday is coming up. Send birthday cards.

Anyway, I agree that people should do what their hearts tell them to do.

Want to say thank you to all of you. I have been a lurker of this site for many years. Never posted. Always following trials with many tears. The members and this site do wonderful things and I knew when this story broke this was the first place I came and was relieve to see a member of the family was here also. Had not been here in years because the JA trial did me in. Could not stand what happens to the victims in these cases. It is almost like they become the ones on trial. Please know your words and your posts and digging for the truth brings relieve to the families of so many. I have learn so much from this forum about the law and just the kind words from all of you. This is a great place with great people!

One of the best pieces I've seen on this whole mess.
"the break in the case came from a bystander nowhere near her hometown is notable, considering those in ET's own town of Culleoka had arguably failed to do their part to prevent the crime from happening in the first place."
and
"Although laws differ from state to state, there's a reason teacher-student relationships are frowned upon, if not outright illegal. By nature, they are not consensual, even if the students involved think they are, and often they do. Some students may even think they're the ones who pursued the relationship -- that they "asked for it." They may like the attention, or the power they think the relationship gives them.
But what's actually happening, in every case, is that the student is being groomed to accept what is, most definitely, a form of sexual abuse. Whether it's by promising access to things a teenager doesn't have, but would like to -- money, a car, sexual knowledge -- or attention a student lacks, in every case the adult is in charge and manipulating the situation."
and
"While the school's internal investigation alludes to a discussion in which TC and ET were "instructed to have no contact," it's unclear whether a counselor, a trusted adult, tried to engage the girl about the nature of her contact with Cummins."
You can read the full piece here:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/21/opinions/how-the-adults-failed-tennessee-teen/

I can't tell you how much I appreciate that article. The author did a great job.

It doesn't sound like they will be doing that again....

"To the media: The residents of Black Bear Ranch will not give any further interviews or allow any further photos or video to be shot at Black Bear Ranch. Please do not attempt to visit us. We would like to preserve and maintain our privacy.
Black Bear does not condone the acts that Tad Cummins has been charged with nor does it condone these practices by anyone."

http://blackbearranch.org

It's a little late for me. I know they're young but it was upsetting seeing them nonchalantly describing the sexual abuse of a young teen.

This kid is constantly exploited.

Ugh, thank you. I'm a little off this weekend with medical stuff. Kinda loopy. For some reason I was reading TC sister, and my mind was thinking ET sister. I started to freak out a little bit! I have to say, I'm really looking forward to this woman's explanation. She truly has a lot of nerve to claim this wasn't a kidnapping!! That's freaking intense. Now I feel like TC might have some family members at his hearing tomorrow. WOW.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I had be exact same reaction.

Also, his sister should shut her mouth.

Just wanted to add here that I had to cover primatology when I was studying physical/forensic anthro & while there are arguments supporting the choice of young partners on an evolutionary basis in non-human primates there are just as many arguments against it in humans.

One being that the human pelvis has changed considerably with bipedalism & the choice of immature, or barely mature female partners can lead to a loss of offspring when both mother & child are lost in childbirth. In a species that has to invest so much time & energy in a long gestation & infant-rearing period for each pregnancy, the loss of even one baby can be a devastating blow to an individual's success in passing on their genes.

In other words, hebephiles can probably find an argument to make themselves feel that evolutionary science justifies their actions, but unless they read selectively they'll realise that even this says they're putting their young partners at risk.

Thanks for that information! Excellent.

I picked up that Elizabeth will be attending a different school

Glad to know it. I hope none of their kids go back to that place.

".....Kat Bozeman told News 2 that her 15-year-old sister still isn’t quite home. She says Elizabeth is in a mental health facility where she is being treated, so she spends a lot of time with a therapist while visitation with family & friends is limited....."

http://wkrn.com/2017/04/23/elizabeth-thomas-sister-speaks-for-first-time-since-her-return/

Ugh. I can't imagine how destroyed this kid is.

I'm glad she is in a private place and obtaining intensive help. I'm sad these details are being discussed by her family.

Deleted post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

It is sickening that TC sister, or anyone for that matter, can defend this monster. I pray that ET continues to get the help she needs in order to heal. This poor child has dealt with so much! I hope one day she will realize that she is a true survivor!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

From a legal perspective, I don't think what happened here could be defined as a "kidnapping". But I absolutely think it falls under the legal definition of "abduction".

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/abduction

Abduction: Taking a person away by means of persuasion, fraud, or force. Some jurisdictions also require that the abductee, the person abducted, be a child or that that the abductor intend to marry or defile the abductee or subject him or her to prostitution or concubinage.

Kidnapping: A crime at common law consisting of an unlawful restraint of a person's liberty by force or show of force so as to send the victim into another country. Under modern law, this crime will usually be found where the victim is taken to another location or concealed.
In some jurisdictions, kidnapping accompanied by bodily injury, sexual assault, or a demand for ransom elevates the crime to first-degree or aggravated kidnapping. Although the terms kidnapping and abduction are, at times, used interchangeably, abduction is broader, generally not requiring the threat or use of force.

ETA: Perhaps one of our attorney's could weigh in here.

Just watched on the link above live (and they said more to come with sister's interview on the Today show) - http://www.wsmv.com/

In a 2 hour interview with LE, TC spelled out the route - at some time in the next few weeks he will be returned to Tennessee. They will cover the arraignment live today.

In interview with his sister - Says her brother was wrong, she spoke to her brother, and she said her brother said he took her to keep her safe, and he told LE everything. She said she loves him, will walk beside him, and will be here with him through this.

ETA: Turned on the Today show, and caught the last 5 seconds of her interview and coverage :pullhair:

I'm sure TC had all those hours and miles to make up a story to try and cover his actions. He could have turned himself in at any time, but he didn't.

His action and behavior is not defendable.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member