Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So from her point of view (JC) her husband betrayed the marital arrangement. I can sympathize with that in terms of her relationship with her husband. I can see how she feels the "jilted" wife. I sorta, kinda see why she may think "in terms" of an affair when thinking only about his betrayal to her.

BUT she is getting really close to blaming the victim (if she hasn't already) and I hope she realizes that soon.

It may be understandable but its certainly disappointing.

Hence her head is still spinning. She needs some time and distance to be able also process. In her first interview she said TC was a grown man and ET didn't have a choice.

She is now calling it an affair.

She isn't thinking straight, IMO.

I agree that she isn't. It would be wise of her to halt doing interviews until her noggin is screwed back on.

So from her point of view (JC) her husband betrayed the marital arrangement. I can sympathize with that in terms of her relationship with her husband. I can see how she feels the "jilted" wife. I sorta, kinda see why she may think "in terms" of an affair when thinking only about his betrayal to her.

BUT she is getting really close to blaming the victim (if she hasn't already) and I hope she realizes that soon.

It may be understandable but its certainly disappointing.

I agree if she can't see this clearly at this moment she should stop talking about it so publicly. She is the one who is victim shaming and I've had my fill of it. I know she's hurt, but there's no excuse imo for taking it out on ET.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone who cares about her needs to be honest with her and guide her through this. Surely there is someone in her life who can explain how poor of a decision this is!!

Based on what we know of that community's response to the kiss, I'm guessing not.

Hence her head is still spinning. She needs some time and distance to be able also process. In her first interview she said TC was a grown man and ET didn't have a choice.

She is now calling it an affair.

She isn't thinking straight, IMO.

It could also be that people around her are calling it an affair. We have all seen how people have treated ET in this case and it's not that unlikely that people in her life are repeating those statements and casting blame on ET.

How what rises to criminality? I think a kiss would be against school policy but is likely not illegal, unless it was a make-out type kiss (it was not reported to be that). But he was clearly being investigation for much more than that. First off because the kiss incident is clearly an indication that something worse is happening. It would give them probable cause to search his electronics, IMO. And they did. And then he grabbed her and ran.
As much as I want to see the book thrown at this man, I think saying "he grabbed her and ran" might clash with a few of the admittedly murky facts known about their exit together. IOW, I haven't (yet) seen any record or account stating she was "grabbed" or physically forced into a car with him--which is the picture that comes to mind with "grabbed." Doesn't mean it's not an abduction. But what makes people so uncomfortable about this case is just that some accounts (including TC's wife's) are in some ways hinting that this illegal abduction was an unlikely (and illegal) 'romantic' running away together. Right after TC's arrest, media accounts picked up on that--the commune people framed their lengthy detailed account that way, and even LE, a bit inadvertently, when describing the picnic table scene with him "comforting her" and the "traumatic" end and "emotional rollercoaster" she evidenced after they captured and arrested TC. The lawyers picked up on this immediately, which is why the DA and prosecuting parties immediately responded with the (IMO) over-the-top pronouncement of her being a "little child," and appearing no more than 12 years of age--and it's perhaps even why certain preposterous discussions took place on Nancy Grace regarding her physical development. I'm not going to comment further on this case as to that - except to say, I know from my own life experience that a middle-aged man and underaged teen CAN (though admittedly RARELY) actually think they are "in love" -- and while the notion enrages many, it doesn't change that exceedingly rare and unpopular fact. Several decades ago, when I was in high school, a very popular, 'friends with all the kids' teacher about 45 years of age ran off with a 16-yr old classmate of mine right in the middle of the school year. The similarity in some aspects is what caught my interest in this case. His classroom was a popular student hangout, and no one saw it coming. (I believe he, too, was married.) I have no idea how or if they escaped the arm of the law back then, nor when they legally tied the knot, but I will tell you this - they are married, still, today, and I know this because I see her posts and family pics on our high school page in Facebook. Please don't shoot the messenger, just throwing this out because I'm not one to ignore the elephant in the room. Please don't feel compelled to try to convince me how horrible this possibility and/or TC is because I already agree - not going to argue with anyone that this attitude (if indeed a truly held one) means actions taken were at all justified morally or legally. They weren't - this a royal mess that has royally messed up many lives.

This is just one item of evidence, so I believe he will serve time. But in terms of.how the defense will try to explain away pieces of evidence I definately think they will say he didnt get the pills for ET. If he had been on it awhile, IMO they will press the point that he used it for marital relations. As a 50ish woman, this piece of evidence could be explained away. Some of the other evidence is stronger IMO. The statements of people at the commune. renting rooms with only one bed..TC introducing himself and ET as a married couple and his admission to his wife. I hope they have that on tape and can ise it at the trial. I wonder if he will be changing his plea in the future and/or trying to strike a deal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Let's not forget the KY Jelly he bought at a Walmart with ET in tow.

I deleted that comment after reading her calling it an "affair". She hasn't accepted what TC did to a young teen is not an affair. Wow.

I haven't read the article yet, just jumping off your post.
I wonder, if she says she feels it was an affair because she can't wrap her head around the fact that he kidnapped her? Like she would never had married a kidnapper, so it is easier to think he had an affair? That is denial.

IMOO.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...d-her-husband-about-getting-too-close-to-teen

Presumably, most of you have already watched the second part of JC's Inside Edition interview. I haven't contributed to this discussion other than to post media articles/links. I am totally disheartened by the suggestion by soon-to-be-former Mrs. Tad Cummins that ET is somehow responsible for the "affair" with her husband. I will allow that JC is in a state of shock, bewilderment, and denial regarding her soon-to-be-former husband's choices, but ET bears absolutely no responsibility in this sad situation. :moo:

I haven't had a chance to watch today's edition yet but from reading the comments and hearing that his daughters are going to stand by him makes me think that JC isn't strong enough to stay away from TC. He's been manipulating her for years whether she knows/recognizes it or not. There's no telling what he told her about ET...I can just hear him justifying all of this by blaming ET.

So lets think this out....

Ages birth to 15...

Birth to 12ish - Developing motor skills/language skills. Eating ice cream playing with dolls/cars/playdates going to school.
Ages 12-15 - Friends become more important, personal grooming, discovering personal likes/dislikes, and for some opposite sex is more noticeable.

Birth to 50 - All of the above plus graduating/college, several jobs, getting loans, buying house/cars, having children, having grandchildren and holds a position of authority in which has the ability to shape young minds.

Nope I can't call this a relationship no matter how "cozy" they looked, how many opportunities one had to get away.

This is an imbalance of power.

I haven't had a chance to watch today's edition yet but from reading the comments and hearing that his daughters are going to stand by him makes me think that JC isn't strong enough to stay away from TC. He's been manipulating her for years whether she knows/recognizes it or not. There's no telling what he told her about ET...I can just hear him justifying all of this by blaming ET.

Sadly, I think it's entirely possible, if not probable, that Cummins' wife and daughters will testify on his behalf and blame ET for what happened between teacher and student. :stormingmad:

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...d-her-husband-about-getting-too-close-to-teen

Presumably, most of you have already watched the second part of JC's Inside Edition interview. I haven't contributed to this discussion other than to post media articles/links. I am totally disheartened by the suggestion by soon-to-be-former Mrs. Tad Cummins that ET is somehow responsible for the "affair" with her husband. I will allow that JC is in a state of shock, bewilderment, and denial regarding her soon-to-be-former husband's choices, but ET bears absolutely no responsibility in this sad situation. :moo:

Well there went any sympathy I had mustered up for Jill Cummins.

She has the nerve to say that she is upset with Elizabeth because Elizabeth knew what Jill and Tad had??!! Wow! Just mind-blowing.
Jill is drinking the Tad Cummins Kool-aid and I think she is getting pressure from her daughters too. I am just sickened to think that a 15 year old that THEY BOTH invited into their home is being blamed.

I was also right when I suspected that Jill was aware that Tad was behaving inappropriately. IMO she has moved into the aiding and abetting realm.

So angry at that pathetic woman now.

Sadly, I think it's entirely possible, if not probable, that Cummins' wife and daughters will testify on his behalf and blame ET for what happened between teacher and student. :stormingmad:

One of the stages of grief is anger. Hopefully she's just at that point and will move on to the next stage soon.

Probably not but one can be hopeful.

:gaah:

Come on Jill!! See him for what he is!!

One of the stages of grief is anger. Hopefully she's just at that point and will move on to the next stage soon.

Probably not but one can be hopeful.

I love your wonderful, empathetic heart, Jo.

I got a flash of that when she made the comment about ET knowing what they'd had, as if somehow ET - a child who had never exchanged any vows with her - had betrayed her. :mad:

I don't see JC being able to stand up against her daughter's support of TC and him using all he can to get to her. I picked up more anger from her when she discussed ET than when she was discussing her husband, she's just sad then. She's also going to be facing his family and their pressure. I'm just gobsmacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95