Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:crush:

Barry-Griffin-reward-fund.jpg

Cabin caretaker Griffin Barry accepts $10K reward

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/04/...ccepts-10k-reward-for-turning-in-tad-cummins/

What about the TBI reward? No mention of it.

But other people react differently because we are not all the same. I would lash out too if in pain, it's quite normal to do so when hurting badly.
Exactly! I dont think we should be bashing JC for her comments or ET in this case. TC is the one who is responsible. We can share our opinions and speculate but none of us know how JC and ET are feeling. ET probably hasnt seen the interview and hopefully will have alot of therapy under her belt before having to deal with things other than her own healing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

But other people react differently because we are not all the same. I would lash out too if in pain, it's quite normal to do so when hurting badly.

I can understand lashing out in pain, but not at a child. Not at a victim.

I'm not going to judge JC, but i definitely think she needs to stay out of the media. Isn't JC also considered a victim here of what TC has done? She probably had some suspicions about him but i don't think she was expecting the enormity of what he has actually done.

I apologize, I'm not trying to blame JC, I am just saying I wonder if the signs were there but she didn't trust her own intuition, didn't want to admit it, or felt like a failure, etc. and put up a front or built up a protective wall for herself. Again, she carries no fault here. What could she have done other than what she did already? She talked to him about his behavior and also tried to be around her more often, maybe subconciously she was keeping an eye out for something?

She was very young when she married Tad and has likely been through the wringer even well before he up and decided to run off with a girl he had groomed and persuaded to run away.

Also, I did say vaguely reminds me of Anna. Both of their worlds have been shattered by men they trusted. I never said she was the same and I don't think she will go back to Tad. Anna, unfortunately, is too indoctrinated and doesn't have much of an option, IMO. She doesn't even have the option to go to therapy without backlash from her family. JC has options and is hopefully taking advantage of them.

You seem to have a good heart, and I don't believe you meant any harm. But talking about all the things JC may have ignored or the possibility that she "put up a front" to avoid issues is akin (IMO) to blaming ET for getting into the car with TC.

Personally, and no need to apologize if you don't share this view, but I'm simply uncomfortable with discussing ANY of the victims' possible weaknesses, mistakes, ulterior motives, blind spots, or supposed conscious or unconscious impulses or family histories here. That just redirects a degree of blame, subtlely or not-so-subtlely, to the victims rather than aiming it at the one under arrest. For me, the only thing worse if such a thing were to happen to me or my family would be if my comments about the crime's impact on my life were subjected to over-analysis and unchecked negative speculation about me...online, and there forever. People grasping to explain how this could have/must have happened, by extrapolating from the very interviews I'd granted in hopes of finding some emotional support.

You can't explain evil, nor can you always prevent it. There's not always a fault to be had or a lesson to be learned or a future behavior to embrace or avoid. Evil doesn't happen because you or I didn't _____. It just is, and it happens even if you do all the 'right' things. We'd like to think we have more power than that, but all we really have at the moment Evil shows up is our wits, prayer, and the grace of God.

IMHO. JMO.

I don't see where it says that in the article you linked.

I think it's been edited and changed. I googled the phrase "Barry used to work with Cummins in Tennessee, so he easily recognized him when he hid out with a 15-year-old girl in a cabin right next to his." and the article popped up, but then at the link the quote is only he is a former Tennessee resident.

Exactly! I dont think we should be bashing JC for her comments or ET in this case. TC is the one who is responsible. We can share our opinions and speculate but none of us know how JC and ET are feeling. ET probably hasnt seen the interview and hopefully will have alot of therapy under her belt before having to deal with things other than her own healing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

She is an adult though that made her own choice to be with Tad Cummins. Elizabeth is a child and didn't have those choices in her brainwashed, traumatized state. Now Jill Cummins is chosing to engage with the media and is making very questionable comments that smack of victim blaming.

And since she is choosing to do that she has to know that there will be people who will question her choice of words and her obvious dislike/distrust of Elizabeth. As long as she keeps speaking to the media and makes comments that reflect badly on Elizabeth I will find her not credible or believable.

She is an adult though that made her own choice to be with Tad Cummins. Elizabeth is a child and didn't have those choices in her brainwashed, traumatized state. Now Jill Cummins is chosing to engage with the media and is making very questionable comments that smack of victim blaming.

And since she is choosing to do that she has to know that there will be people who will question her choice of words and her obvious dislike/distrust of Elizabeth. As long as she keeps speaking to the media and makes comments that reflect badly on Elizabeth I will find her not credible or believable.

I know she got married to Tad on her 18th birthday. I wonder when she started to date Tad?
Was she like 16 or 17 years old maybe?
Maybe with ET soon to be 16, maybe she (JC) is correlating the age that she herself started dating Tad.
I think there is a lot of healing that needs to take place for everyone. And a lot of soul searching, and a lot of looking at what is the real truth. Denial can be deep.
So much hurt, for everyone. It's sad.

IMOO.

I know she got married to Tad on her 18th birthday. I wonder when she started to date Tad?
Maybe with ET soon to be 16, maybe she (JC) is correlating the age that she herself started dating Tad.
I think there is a lot of healing that needs to take place for everyone. And a lot of soul searching, and a lot of looking at what is the real truth. Denial can be deep.

IMOO.

I wonder this too!

Maybe she feels very much like a victim herself, because she is.
Maybe she is having a difficult time. This is so overwhelming for her.
Maybe this is the step that she feels she has to make. Counseling would definitely help her understand that ET is very much a victim. They all are victims of TC.

IMOO.

IMOO.

Agree. It is nothing unusual either for teens to be having intimate relationships, that has been going on forever. They seem to be starting even younger these days. I think i was around 16 when i had my first boyfriend. I was 19 when i first got married and pregnant. Most mothers put their daughter on the pill by age 16 as a precaution nowadays, or at least i know of some that have. I am in no way saying it is okay what TC did. He used ET's vulnerabities against her, and triple shame on him for that.
But i wonder what we would be saying if ET had runaway with a 18 yr. old instead? I think the whole issue here boils down to her going off with a man old enough to be her grandfather. It's really very disgusting IMO. Even her friends on IG were telling her it was messed up.

It could be it he had a joint fb before the "midlife crisis" and then got his own on instagram. No point having his own on fb as well. They were "happily married" back then before he met ET. When did they join fb? When did he join instagram? There is an obvious shift on instagram you can almost depict when the midlife crisis hit. And I'm not saying all this was, was a midlife crisis but I think it's a part of it all his actions. The timing of events in this case explain the actions he took imo. I hope he goes to jail for a long time, I hope his kids will be ok. I hope Jill will be ok. But most of all I hope ET can recover from this horrendous torture he put her thru. And I hope her family minus the mother recover from this as well.

Sorry, but this isn't the first time he's done this.

It could be it he had a joint fb before the "midlife crisis" and then got his own on instagram. No point having his own on fb as well. They were "happily married" back then before he met ET. When did they join fb? When did he join instagram? There is an obvious shift on instagram you can almost depict when the midlife crisis hit. And I'm not saying all this was, was a midlife crisis but I think it's a part of it all his actions. The timing of events in this case explain the actions he took imo. I hope he goes to jail for a long time, I hope his kids will be ok. I hope Jill will be ok. But most of all I hope ET can recover from this horrendous torture he put her thru. And I hope her family minus the mother recover from this as well.

Sorry, but this isn't the first time he's done this.

The other alleged stories would have happened in the last year or two also... as he neared & reached the big 50 and he was faced with his impotence problem.

ETA: I'm not giving him a break or a whit of leeway because of this, btw. He's garbage for doing this and for not facing up to real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay