Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped....
I don't understand how an adult could be attracted to a minor and do what TC did to MCET. And it's even harder to understand when you consider TC is a father of daughters. It's disgusting, totally wrong and it literally makes my head spin. How can anyone stand behind him and support him? Seriously, we're not talking about someone who's claiming he's innocent.

Your comments followed by mine...

How an adult could be attracted to a minor - unfortunately this is our world where youth/beauty/weight is attractive and age/overweight is unattractive.

TC a father of daughters - totally agree I can't image.

How can anyone stand behind him and support him - I'm conflicted. I have a great dad. He was great all my life. Should he make a grievous error I THINK I might be able to separate my father whom I love from his actions. I'm not positive but as I sit thats how I feel. Thankfully I don't have to face this issue.

Wer not talking about someone who's claiming he's innocent - perhaps that is an additional reason his daughter/sister/father are supporting him after all he's admitted his mistakes (gag) but I could see forgiving my loved one to a point.

Your comments followed by mine...

How an adult could be attracted to a minor - unfortunately this is our world where youth/beauty/weight is attractive and age/overweight is unattractive.

TC a father of daughters - totally agree I can't image.

How can anyone stand behind him and support him - I'm conflicted. I have a great dad. He was great all my life. Should he make a grievous error I THINK I might be able to separate my father whom I love from his actions. I'm not positive but as I sit thats how I feel. Thankfully I don't have to face this issue.

Wer not talking about someone who's claiming he's innocent - perhaps that is an additional reason his daughter/sister/father are supporting him after all he's admitted his mistakes (gag) but I could see forgiving my loved one to a point.

I respect your opinion and I can see where one might be able to forgive up to a point. However, knowing what we know in this case there's NO WAY I would support or stand by my father or a family member after they did what TC did. He showed his family exactly how much he cares about them. Sorry doesn't work this time, there's no excuse for his actions.....none!

Agreed. The age of consent laws are strict liability so I don't think he'll walk, but unless they find something like child *advertiser censored* on his computers/phones, I think he'll plea down to something like statutory rape and only get a few years. I go back and forth but I don't think I'd want to bring this one to trial - I think it would be traumatizing for ET, she would have to be cross-examined by the defense in open court.

I don't know what TC's sentence will be. IMO it could go either way - it's hard to say right now. I think there's a lot we don't know about that will come out in the trial. Most trials take a long time from start to finish. By the time the trial is over ET will probably be 18 or close to it. When that time comes she'll be able to make the choice to be with him if she chooses. Sadly, there's nothing that can prevent her from doing so. I hope that's not how this plays out, but it's a hard reality.

I respect your opinion and I can see where one might be able to forgive up to a point. However, knowing what we know in this case there's NO WAY I would support or stand by my father or a family member after they did what TC did. He showed his family exactly how much he cares about them. Sorry doesn't work this time, there's no excuse for his actions.....none!

So we are clear... I wouldn't excuse any actions. I THINK I could separate someone who raised me as a great dad from someone who did a horrid action. I THINK. BUT I would never excuse anything!

So these are just the federal charges, correct? He can also be charged at the state level?

So we are clear... I wouldn't excuse any actions. I THINK I could separate someone who raised me as a great dad from someone who did a horrid action. I THINK. BUT I would never excuse anything!

I understand what you're saying and I respect that. I'm saying I couldn't separate his action. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to. Like you, I'm thankful my father never put me in such an awful a position.

I know a few of you WS were also following along to Makayla Chang who was 16 and missing here in Canada.
She was found today and sadly her outcome did end up good by any means. Hope it's ok to post here. Her thread is so quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was certain of that early on. Which is why I didn't follow the thread much.

In Tennessee, when we join parties they must be characterized as plaintiff, defendant, petitioner, or respondent in terms of role.

Go it. So it's likely a retirement plan.

I could understand the following statement/attitude: "I love my dad very much. He's always been the best father. However, what he's done is horrible and it destroyed our family. We are devastated for ourselves and ET. He has broken our trust. But this is very out of character for him and we can only imagine that he must have had some sort of mental break in order to do something like that. So despite what he has done, he's our dad and we are going to be there for him and stand by him."

But to say he continues to be the best dad in the world is too much. IMO.

"Cummins also faces state charges of sexual contact with a minor and aggravated kidnapping, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said last month.
He has pleaded not guilty to the state charges."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/us/tennessee-teacher-indicted-tad-cummins/

Thanks! I read this article, don't know how I missed that :doh:

I hope whatever time he serves is consecutive so even if he gets a relatively light sentence for each charge, it adds up. The only way I see him really getting a heavy sentence outright is if some evidence surfaces of similar behavior with other girls. Then it goes from an anomaly in an otherwise "upstanding" man's life to a pattern of predatory behavior.

Thanks! I read this article, don't know how I missed that :doh:

I hope whatever time he serves is consecutive so even if he gets a relatively light sentence for each charge, it adds up. The only way I see him really getting a heavy sentence outright is if some evidence surfaces of similar behavior with other girls. Then it goes from an anomaly in an otherwise "upstanding" man's life to a pattern of predatory behavior.

The Federal "transporting a minor..." charge carries a minimum 10-year sentence (maximum life). And that will not be hard to prove.

I don't know what TC's sentence will be. IMO it could go either way - it's hard to say right now. I think there's a lot we don't know about that will come out in the trial. Most trials take a long time from start to finish. By the time the trial is over ET will probably be 18 or close to it. When that time comes she'll be able to make the choice to be with him if she chooses. Sadly, there's nothing that can prevent her from doing so. I hope that's not how this plays out, but it's a hard reality.

If mcet wants to be with tc when she's 18, so be it; or if a guardian or judge signs for it, so be it. Highly doubtful, but so be it. But for a random guy to take off with a teen SHOULD be illegal. If they eventually get together, whether he would look out for her best interests is doubtful, but you know....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Federal "transporting a minor..." charge carries a minimum 10-year sentence (maximum life). And that will not be hard to prove.
Well, if he gets out in 10 years she'll be almost 25, he'll be 60. I doubt he'll be anything to her but a distant memory by then. I hope!
MOO

MOO

If mcet wants to be with tc when she's 18, so be it; or if a guardian or judge signs for it, so be it. Highly doubtful, but so be it. But for a random guy to take off with a teen SHOULD be illegal. If they eventually get together, whether he would look out for her best interests is doubtful, but you know....

Don't be so sure. I have heard of many cases like this, where the relationship continued into adulthood. The worst case I ever heard of was one couple in their 20's, supported only off the female's income, because the guy couldn't get employment, due to him being a registered sex offender, because they started their relationship when she was under age. It would not surprise me at all, if in two years, ET and TC have a relationship, and she is visiting him in prison.

Don't be so sure. I have heard of many cases like this, where the relationship continued into adulthood. The worst case I ever heard of was one couple in their 20's, supported only off the female's income, because the guy couldn't get employment, due to him being a registered sex offender, because they started their relationship when she was under age. It would not surprise me at all, if in two years, ET and TC have a relationship, and she is visiting him in prison.

Are there any high profile cases in which the victim went back to the abuser later? Aside from the obvious Letourneau case that we have discussed already, of course.

It seems that having the case in the public eye might force family as well as state/federal agencies to step up and provide far more therapy and help than if this was a low profile, "only locals really know about it"-type case. That is probably the key to allowing the victim to fully heal to the point that they will not go back to their abuser - knowing they are supported and cared for and receiving a lot of good therapy.

TEST RUN OR the REAL DEAL
Its been reported that it was a test run that tc and mcet took when they went kayaking that day.
Or was it? Were they actually heading to mexico that day, and just turned around because of the bad weather. ....
We were all right. Those of us who were thinking they were going to Mexico, and those who didn't think they would get there.

I agree, it should be illegal and TC should have his arse handed to him.

Well, if he gets out in 10 years she'll be almost 25, he'll be 60. I doubt he'll be anything to her but a distant memory by then. I hope!
MOO

MOO

If she decides to contact him or marry him in prison when she is 18, that will be her (poor) choice. I, too, hope that she puts this experience behind her.

MCET was failed by a parent, by a "trusted" teacher, by a school system, and now by whoever it is that is discussing a minor's state of mind while said minor is being treated a mental health facility. When will this child receive the dignity that she doesn't just deserve but NEEDS in order to heal? WHEN??

She is a female. She will never get what she needs/deserves because society doesn't value female human beings. They will turn this whole thing around and blame her for "seducing" him or something else stupid like that because "female"="inherently evil." There's probably already victim blaming going on if anyone cared to search around (I don't). I would bet all the money I will never have that at least a few people have blamed her and called her a "wh0re," "s|ut," etc. already.

I agree, it should be illegal and TC should have his arse handed to him.

It is illegal. No judge in the country should sign off on this 15 year old being with this old creep. Get her a few years of help and she will realize what a ******* he is.

Are there any high profile cases in which the victim went back to the abuser later? Aside from the obvious Letourneau case that we have discussed already, of course.

It seems that having the case in the public eye might force family as well as state/federal agencies to step up and provide far more therapy and help than if this was a low profile, "only locals really know about it"-type case. That is probably the key to allowing the victim to fully heal to the point that they will not go back to their abuser - knowing they are supported and cared for and receiving a lot of good therapy.

I'm not sure why it being a high profile case is important. I just know that it does happen. If a teenager is determined to have a relationship with their teacher, they are not going to change their mind quickly, or easily. Prohibiting a teen from having any type of relationship, is likely to just lead to more rebellion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13