Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the bet that he throws her under the bus and claims that he is the victim of a Lolita?

How typical. And I thought that something around 90% of perps take a plea deal. Says a lot about TC that he still claim to be not guilty.

Fine, have it your way, drag the poor girl through a trial why don't you? After everything else.

You know what, I bet he doesn't even consider his responsibility in her being re-traumatized at a trial.

Not Guilty pleads TC....so to trial this will go. FIrst will be the federal trial. If I remember correctly, a minor is not called to testify in a federal trial of this kind by the Feds, BUT cans the defense still call the minor to testify? That is what I believe TC wants, for her to testify and he can blame her. However, he broke laws no matter what she will say, if she testifies. Maybe he thinks he could get off totally if she takes the blame, but maybe a plea deal would be better? He is gambling.

I don't believe for one minute she will testify against him. Either she won't testify or pleads the fifth ammendment.

He might change his plea for a deal. Not guilty lets him see what they have for evidence. Hopefully loads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not Guilty pleads TC....so to trial this will go. FIrst will be the federal trial. If I remember correctly, a minor is not called to testify in a federal trial of this kind by the Feds, BUT cans the defense still call the minor to testify? That is what I believe TC wants, for her to testify and he can blame her. However, he broke laws no matter what she will say, if she testifies. Maybe he thinks he could get off totally if she takes the blame, but maybe a plea deal would be better? He is gambling.

I don't think the defense can call the victim to testify, only if she voluntarily offers and then would she be a "hostile witness"?

I don't believe for one minute she will testify against him. Either she won't testify or pleads the fifth ammendment.

Agree that the Pros does not want to risk putting her on the stand, but she did nothing wrong so does not need to plead any defense either

Thanks everyone, I hope she does not have to testify and that he gets a long sentence....having a hard time getting all buttons to work and getting on WS today...get message ,site is to busy" but less people on then when a major case is at trial....oh well. Will check in later

I'm surprised he didn't pick up a kayak at Walmart. I live on the coast and drove past a Walmart and they have had tons of kayaks sitting upright for sale for a couple months now.

Heck, he probably could have rented one to do the "test" run. He was obviously not thinking very clearly.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/us/tennessee-teacher-indicted-tad-cummins/
^ Bringing this link forward.

Court documents said Cummins was indicted on a charge of transportation of a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activities, which has a maximum sentence of life in prison; and a second charge of destruction, alteration or falsification of records in a federal investigation, which has a maximum sentence of 20 years.
Tad Cummins planned to take teen to Mexico, FBI says
The second charge is related to his alleged destruction of two phones to impede the investigation, court documents said.
Each count is punishable by a fine of up to $250,000.

IMHO, there is abundant evidence of the transportation of a minor charge (video from the OK Walmart for openers) and TC has admitted to destroying the phones and to having sex with MCET beginning the first night. The government does not need MCET's testimony. Now, the defense may want to call her, but regardless of what she says, the law is clear and TC certainly knew that he was breaking the law. I hope that MCET is well, and getting her life back on track. Thank God that the media has moved on.

I don't think the defense can call the victim to testify, only if she voluntarily offers and then would she be a "hostile witness"?

The defense can call her. I agree with everyone who says her testimony is not needed. She cannot plead the fifth as she did not commit a crime and is not accused of doing so.

The defense can call her. I agree with everyone who says her testimony is not needed. She cannot plead the fifth as she did not commit a crime and is not accused of doing so.

I didn't know you can only plead the 5th if you committed a crime or are accused of committing a crime. Thanks...I learned something new.

Mark Furhman (OJ case) was accused of lying under oath. So I guess this means he wouldn't have been able to plead the 5th if he wasn't accused of perjury....correct?

I didn't know you can only plead the 5th if you committed a crime or are accused of committing a crime. Thanks...I learned something new.

Mark Furhman (OJ case) was accused of lying under oath. So I guess this means he wouldn't have been able to plead the 5th if he wasn't accused of perjury....correct?

Well, let me clarify. You don't have to be accused of committing crime. However, you have to be in danger of incriminating yourself legally, of criminal conduct, by your testimony. Since she hasn't been charged nor is she accused, unless she is in danger of saying something that could suddenly expose her to criminal charges, the court would likely compel her to answer and hold her in contempt of she doesn't.

Typically, the shield of the privilege for witnesses is weighed on a case by case or question by question basis. The judge will determine whether answering the question could incriminate the witness or whether they cannot assert it.

I don't see a scenario in which ET, discussing the sexual abuse by TC, would incriminate herself. Unless it was something bizarre involving both of them assaulting another child victim at the same time TC was engaging in criminal sexual conduct with her. But that clearly did not happen.

Just checking in to see what's up with the case. I don't think the pros would need her to testify, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member