Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering, after seeing there are creeks in the area, with the rainfall that has been happening, how deep are these creeks? Are they fast moving? I was on a search many years ago, and the child had been missing for several days in extreme heat, and harsh conditions due to rainfall. On the final day of searching, my son got overcome by the heat (because he is stubborn and would not sip at warm water which is a must) and he had to be removed, me and my other son and his friend walked out the rest of the way to command post. I grabbed a bite from Red Cross while my son rested in the shade being looked over by medical. At that time the child was recovered, he was well South of the search area. The river took him off the search grid and luckily he got hung up in roots along the river edge. I KNOW they need to expand this search by a long shot. If he did not expire in the first hours, this baby could be so very far away. IMHO

Also, when your child is a baby you can use a leash when hiking, but as they get older its too inhibiting and children will not deal with that ruining the experience of the hike. Please don't think me terrible, but what I did for our nature hikes was buy a rope from Walmart, loop it through their belt loops and tie it securely. I did this with two little ones, then tied the other end to my belt loops. If they wandered it limited them. If ever they fell off a hill, They would pull me over, hence stopping them from the drop. When swimming in the lake/reservoir the water can be very murky, so if they are not strong swimmers, but too old for preserver, you can tie this same rope around their ankle and around yours for when your in with them. When you go to shore you drive in a spike on shore, and literally attach the rope. If they go under, you have a rope to follow to get to them fast. I know I am paranoid, but they are now grown men and they are happy, healthy and had wonderful adventures to remember with Mom....IMHO

This is all Websleuths had on the case I went to search on....
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?27506-CO-Sam-Cockroft-4-Kersey-Aug-2005

That's because most people take precautions around places like sink holes. They aren't going to take their eyes off their kids. Or just let them run all over the place.

Just like people aren't going to put their kids into a car without a car seat.

Or let their kids play in traffic.

In all things in life, there are boundaries. And precautions that should be taken.

It's not a black and white thing. It's not like "NEVER take your kid out of the house" or "let your kid run around without supervision all the time" are the only options. There's a whole lot of grey in there.

Yes, we take precautions, like putting kids in car seats yet many, tragically, are killed in auto accidents.

Have you ever heard of a kid having a tragic accident from falling in a sink hole while on a walk? The risk is tiny. It is similar to the risk of being killed by a falling tree (that actually happens, tragically, sometimes).

It seems really unfair when people imply the grandmother wasn't cautious enough. Sometimes tragic accidents happen and nobody is at fault. We can't eliminate every risk in the world and still live life

I hadn't thought about there being no leaves on the trees with a clear view (I live in Florida where that doesn't happen). If that's true, I'm just wondering why grandma couldn't see him.

If it's sloping or steep it would be possible to lose sight of him IMO.

I believe in and live for outdoors, camped for 60 years, family raised on the farm 70+ acres of woods, but we know there are coyote, bear etc, a creek, we know the land and would never chance going far with little ones til they are older to know danger. I have even carried a gun just in case. Once we had 3 wild dogs kill a sheep inside the barn.

I watched periscope and could swear I heard the Q asked....'when did anyone but grandma last see Noah. like the night before?' and shiriff said that was Another investigation..............but not seeing it in the Q & A

I didn't catch 100% of it so my post wasn't all-inclusive - Kimi's working on a transcript.

On the Q & A one of the reporters says she has her own ideas of what might have happened but she is sticking to what LE is saying. That is telling to me that they are privileged to more information since they are there but the reporters and LE and giving out. So why would there be other ideas other than him just to have gone missing in the woods?
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1yNGaDoklbqKj

I doubt it has anything to do with foul play. She probably means if he got injured, fell in a hole, and all the other possibilities that have been mentioned. It sounds like she has decided one seems more probable than the others, IHO. I have thoughts on what I believe might have happened too. I doubt it's anything more than that, IMO.

The leaves from the deciduous trees have fallen, but this is a logging area and there are more cedar and evergreen trees than deciduous trees. The cedar trees, unless pruned, have branches nearly to the ground.

And the stump holes left by pines are much deeper than those left by other trees.

do we know if this was Noah's first walk in the woods?

I don't think that has been ever said. Since the grandmother lives on such a pretty piece of property, they probably spend a lot of time enjoying nature. I doubt this was his first walk in the woods.

Very sad that sweet Noah is still missing. Bless him and his family. I personally do not believe this is anything more than just a simple accident and that this poor family is having to live through!! I simply can't imagine their pain.

Dan Lampariello ‏@WBBJ7Dan 2m2 minutes ago
#UPDATE - Sheriff Weaver expected to give brief statement @4 regarding if they'll use volunteers tonight. #FindNoah #WBBJ

Current temp is 26, expected to go to 12 tonight. Sunset is at 5:07, it's 3:25 there now.

Dan Lampariello ‏@WBBJ7Dan 2m2 minutes ago
#UPDATE - Sheriff Weaver expected to give brief statement @4 regarding if they'll use volunteers tonight. #FindNoah #WBBJ

Current temp is 26, expected to go to 12 tonight. Sunset is at 5:07, it's 3:25 there now.

OMG that is so cold, let's hope for a miracle :praying:

Please don't let him be suffering.

Still praying for a miracle here....and I do believe in miracles...

IMO if the trail was that clear and wide and since all the leaves are off the trees, I probably would have taken my 2 & 4 year old out there for a walk too. It was a nice day that day, and she probably wanted the kids to get outdoors. I also don't think it was that deep into the woods especially with that being a pretty nice trail. It's the same scenario as someone taking their kid into a store or the city and taking their eyes off of them for a minute.
The pic I posted is a public photo of part of the acreage from online property photos. I have no way of knowing if that is the trail they took. I just assumed there are probably multiple fire roads and trails around the property and that seemed like a good option for walking. So I just want to let everyone know that the trail I posted is my speculation of the type or perhaps the trail taken. Sorry if I mislead anyone. I wondered too if the canopy hid the road and if the mark on the map Mel posted is exactly where they walked.

Has anyone read anything about the use of drones? Would that be impossible given that Noah is in the woods?

do we know if this was Noah's first walk in the woods?
Hello! This is my first post. I have been absolutely sick over this sweet little boy since I heard Thursday. :(
I do not assume it is. A quick look at family pictures and you'll notice the family is covered in camo in atleast one. Assuming camo is used for hunting and walking in the woods, i would assume no. They seem like a outdoorsy type of family. Neighbours said, that walking through the woods was something the grandma did all the time.

Hello! This is my first post. I have been absolutely sick over this sweet little boy since I heard Thursday. :(
I do not assume it is. A quick look at family pictures and you'll notice the family is covered in camo in atleast one. Assuming camo is used for hunting and walking in the woods, i would assume no. They seem like a outdoorsy type of family. Neighbours said, that walking through the woods was something the grandma did all the time.
WELCOME omalley!!!! [emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members