Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is supposed to start as rain tonight, then turn to snow and continue into Saturday morning. Temperatures right now are around 35 degrees and are supposed to remain around there into the evening.

searchers looked so close to the ground did they ever look up?
I hope so, thinking maybe he threw something like his shoe.
My kids threw things when they were upset.

Anyone in the area can confirm a storm is there now? Last I heard, the storm wasn't supposed to hit until tomorrow.

It looks to be raining lightly in Pinson and Jackson. Temp is 36 here.

ETA: There's a compilation video up on the Volunteers & Donations page. I don't know if we can discuss that here, but it does have a bunch of pictures of Noah. Mods - Please delete this info if it is not allowed. Thanks!

Dan Lampariello ‏@WBBJ7Dan 1m1 minute ago
#UPDATE - Sheriff to give press conference on #FindNoah search at 4pm. @WBBJ7News will carry LIVE, I'll broadcast on #Periscope. #WBBJ

https://twitter.com/WBBJ7Dan

WBBJ doesn't livestream for me so I watch on periscope.

Is it 2.15 there now? All week ive tried to stay up for the presser and fallen asleep on the sofa. Damn time difference!!

Yup unfortunately, think its going to be a case of scaling the search back. Poor wee bubs :(

That bothered me too. But I think they corrected it. My 3 month old is about 23 inches, there's no way a 2.5 year old is that small. My older son is 5ish months younger than Noah and 38 inches tall.

Sheriff Weaver said "I would like to say something on top of that too. We've caught a lot, um, from everybody about the child not being able to travel too far because of the mud. Now keep in mind Thursday night, when we got there those paths, those trails, and they're pretty wide trails. We drove deep down. They were smooth, and they were dry. There were just smooth as black top. So you know what it makes a lot of difference that what people, these rescuers, searchers are seeing now compared to what we saw Thursday when we got there. "

I can't find the pictures yet, but even the sheriff says the trails were wide enough to drive down. So it wasn't like a tiny path weaving in and out of trees. And he says they were smooth and dry. So I believe the rain came in that night and created the wet, muddy conditions. If the paths were wide enough then I'm sure sunlight got to those paths and leaves at least on the edge of the woodline where the path and trees met. I just don't see how if the child was in the exact location of the grandmother that she wouldn't hear him go into the woods. Once again, I'm not saying anything nefarious happened. I'm just not buying the fact that it was a few seconds she took her eyes off of him. I think the time is definitely getting downplayed here.

Starts about 17:24 in the periscope video by reporter Maranda Faris
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1mrGmdXBrXzKy

I've read every post since poor Noah went missing but this one has just broken my heart. I've read that he's missing, the sink holes etc etc but the thought of a toddler trying to find someone he knows, being upset, crying, tired, lost has finally brought me to tears :tears:

My little grandson is 19 months old - the thought of your post makes me tear up too :(

Regarding the amount of time Gma was distracted from Noah with his sister...

I don't think ANY MSM report states that LE says it was "seconds" or that the Gma or anyone else is trying to play it off like it was "seconds". It's been said here, and on social media, but it's never been stated as fact, by LE or in MSM, that I'm aware of. (someone correct me if I'm wrong?) What we DO know, is that she was briefly distracted and that's all it took for Noah to disappear. I have no doubt the self-imposed guilt she's feeling for that is eating her alive, as it would any parent or grandparent. I hope she never sees what the public is saying about her. I hope she's surrounded by people praying for her. I feel like crying for her as much as I do Noah, and his parents. This whole thing is just so tragic. :(

According to officials, at approximately 1:19 pm Thursday afternoon a call came in to the Chester County Sheriff’s office of a missing child

[...]

The grandmother called and reported the missing child to the Chester County Sheriffs Department at 1:19.

http://point5digital.com/tn/jackson...leads-on-missing-child-search-renews-at-dawn/

this article dates January 15

I was looking for early reports of this but gave up deciding it wasn't anything crucial, but your article does say that a call came into the Chester County Sheriffs Department. I have seen no official statements by the Department saying that it was a 911 call<modsnip>

Speaking of press conference... Time is going by so slowly waiting for the one today. I keep hoping they have news, one way or another but I have a knot in my stomach thinking about them announcing the cease if search efforts w/ bad weather. Ugh, poor Noah. :(

Regarding the amount of time Gma was distracted from Noah with his sister...

I don't think ANY MSM report states that LE says it was "seconds" or that the Gma or anyone else is trying to play it off like it was "seconds". It's been said here, and on social media, but it's never been stated as fact, by LE or in MSM, that I'm aware of. (someone correct me if I'm wrong?) What we DO know, is that she was briefly distracted and that's all it took for Noah to disappear. I have no doubt the self-imposed guilt she's feeling for that is eating her alive, as it would any parent or grandparent. I hope she never sees what the public is saying about her. I hope she's surrounded by people praying for her. I feel like crying for her as much as I do Noah, and his parents. This whole thing is just so tragic. :(
Yes, I don't think three minutes versus 3 seconds actually makes any difference in regard to the case, or to anyone probably except the poor family, especially Gramma, who won't ever be able to change how long she was distracted for. This is one of those but for the grace of God go I situations for me, both when it comes to my kid and my nieces and nephews. I'm not a bad parent or a careless caregiver, but things happen.

Or the shot got stuck in the mud and it pulled it off of him and he couldn't get it back on himself. He might have just left it.

This happened to me when I was 8 or 9. Me and a neighbor walked down the road to a nearby lake that had been drained & were jumping across it on tree stumps. One of my feet slipped on one of the stumps, and my shoe was gone when I pulled my leg back out of the mud. We walked back to my neighbor's house to get her dad & he went back to the lake with us to retrieve it. When he reached his arm down to pull it out, the mud went all the way up his arm, to his shoulder, before he found it. We had NO idea it had been that deep.

I was looking for early reports of this but gave up deciding it wasn't anything crucial, but your article does say that a call came into the Chester County Sheriffs Department. I have seen no official statements by the Department saying that it was a 911 call, and what I have read elsewhere is that it was a direct call to a specific individual. I'd venture to say reporters have heard the same claim repeated but probably won't ask in a press conference for fear of getting their heads bit off.

There may not have been a 911 call but rather one placed directly to the station from the looks of the report. In rural areas that is not uncommon in my experience. Everyone knows everyone and the number of the local sheriff's office.

Anyone in the area can confirm a storm is there now? Last I heard, the storm wasn't supposed to hit until tomorrow.

Sadly, even if the storm doesn't hit until tomorrow, it's going to be huge (and not just in TN). Resources will have to be diverted to handle the storm. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymousangel444
Back