Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM - Although the path was probably dry that day, we have had so much rain in West TN and our ground has not been "leaf crunching" dry for some time. Especially in the woods, shielded from sunlight, the leaves may not have been dry enough to make much of any sound. IMO

Okay, I definitely understand that. But I'm sure some noise would be made. I'm sure that kids was stepping on sticks if the terrain is how they described. I'm not saying anything nefarious happened to him. And I guess it isn't really any of our business except for law enforcement and her having to answer to his parents, but I think the length of time she turned away or wasn't paying attention was more than a few seconds.

“There’s a two-year-old with no shoes on and a t-shirt."

http://whnt.com/2016/01/21/rogersville-first-responders-aid-in-search-for-noah-chamberlin/

English is not my first language. Can someone clarify for me if this sentence means he has no shoes and no shirt on (meaning they found the shoes and the shirt)? Or does it mean he has no shoes on, only a shirt (meaning they found the shoes and the pants)? Or something else? TY!

Hi Elainera! I believe he meant Noah had no shoes on and was only wearing a t-shirt, so only the shoes would be off. He didn't say anything about shoes being found though - I wish the local sheriffs would confirm or deny that statement. And I had assumed the grey shirt was long-sleeved and not a t-shirt but now I don't know what to think.

Information officer Mapes said there'd be no updates today unless they find Noah. I hope LE changes their minds and gives us some sort of update.

ETA: To clarify, Noah was also wearing blue jeans but nothing was said about them

I hope this community gets closer today, so some may rest a little easier during this storm. I know how it's affecting me so I can imagine how it's affecting everyone close to this. They say there is power in prayer lets up it works here.

So sad seeing images of the woods, which usually make me feel very good. Went walking with toddler yesterday on the nature preserve, and what stood out to me is how the very place we walked last week looked so different today. Leaves scatter different, a new branch to step over, water was rushing faster, etc. I imagine it's very hard to search a place that's ever changing. Prayers still going up, I hope there are answers soon.

I wish there was some confirmation on this phone call, as there has been discussion about the way the call came in.

I agree with you SJB.

There is. This is considered about as much confirmation as we will get regarding the call reporting Noah missing. It came to the Chester Count Sheriff's Office per this link.

According to officials, at approximately 1:19 pm Thursday afternoon a call came in to theChester County Sheriff’s office of a missing child

[...]

The grandmother called and reported the missing child to the Chester County Sheriffs Department at 1:19.

http://point5digital.com/tn/jackson/...enews-at-dawn/

this article dates January 15

An account I read or heard (sorry - can't recall where) gave me the impression that she and the kids were along a path. It's been called a 'trail' by some but what I picture isn't a groomed trail like you'd see in a park, but rather a path that would simply be the way of least resistance that would become beaten down because animals and people take it. Meaning... no felled trees in the way, leading to a pond or other water source, etc.

And what I heard (yesterday's presser, maybe?) indicated that the kids were doing as kids do when out exploring and walking with an adult - running ahead, running behind, etc. - not walking along with grandma holding her hand.

If they were just out doing their thing and everyone was feeling comfortable and at ease in a familiar environment, not expecting anything like a disappearance to occur, Grandma would have an awareness of he was running ahead or behind, but wouldn't necessarily have her ears peeled to listen for crunching leaves.

My guess is that the sister needed a shoe tied or tripped and fell and needed comforted - something as benign as that - and that Noah continued on down the path, darting in and out of trees, and she just planned to catch on up with him as soon as the sister's immediate need was taken care of. If their property is like the terrain I've experienced in that area, it's certainly not flat and if he ran ahead just a bit he could be up and over a little hill and out of sight, and under normal circumstances that wouldn't be cause for worry. You just catch up with them or they run back towards you.

If you've listened to the Serial podcast, you'll remember how in the first episode the host leads you to understand that when you're just living out a normal day, little details don't necessarily stick with you. In hindsight people assume when you can't remember something that it's a sign that you're hiding something, but in reality, if someone asked you where you were at 2:54 yesterday, unless you were known to be in a class or at your desk or something, you probably wouldn't be able to remember with specificity who you were talking to and what you were talking about, etc. When something goes wrong we expect every detail, down to the specific minute things happened, to be there with clarity. But life really just doesn't usually happen that way.

I agree completely wowitsdark. I couldn't tell you what I was doing at 2:54 yesterday or at 8:54 today for that matter. I live in West Tn too. And my family and I have always loved going out into the woods around our house or at our State Park. We usually walked a path but not necessarily a beat down dirt path or anything. And a lot of the time we would come across a deep ditch that would be hard if not impossible to cross. Sometimes we would even get off the path to find an easier way to cross such as a spot where the ditch wasn't as deep or even a downed tree across the ditch that we would walk across on. ( Although as I get older I wouldn't be so quick to try to cross on a downed tree as when I was younger) My point here is it would be easy for the little fella to get off the path for whatever reason. And as for the time, I never kept up with the time when we were out walking. We were just enjoying being out. Imo this would be the GM's mindset too. This is just my thinking.

Mapes said that Noah, his grandmother, and sister had stopped in the woods before he went missing.

"They sat down to talk and she was paying attention to the granddaughter, and when she turned around he was gone," said Tom Mapes, the spokesman for the Madison County Sheriff's Office. "She immediately went to look for him."

Noah's grandmother notified the Chester County Sheriff's Office at 1:19 p.m. of her missing grandson. Mapes said the Madison County Sheriff's Office was then called to assist in the search. The search was still ongoing after 10 p.m. Thursday.

I guess this is where the 1:19 pm originally came from. But the sheriff reported on the news the that the call came in at 1:40pm. I'm wondering if the 1:19pm is the time that she lost sight of him. Because you know we have recently had some bad reporting in the news of timelines in other cases.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2016/01/14/search-missing-toddler-near-pinson/78809882/

When did the mom leave to go shopping ?
<modsnip>

Not sure, and not sure where she went shopping.

It's been stated that the grandparents' home was 8.5 miles from the family's house.

I believe Pinson is about 10-12 miles south of Jackson and about 5 miles north of Henderson. Henderson has a couple of grocery stores so she might have been going there to shop. Jackson has a Super Walmart on the south side just as you come into town from the Pinson direction, so she might have been going there. She might not have even been shopping for groceries so for all we know, she was headed all the way into Jackson for something at the mall, Sam's (which is all the way towards I-40 clear up on the north side of Jackson)... we just don't have that information.

I did read, however, that there are security cameras that show the mom shopping during this time frame. We just don't know what town or what store - at least not that I have read here.

<modsnip> I grew up in the same town as my grandparents and it was very common for me to hang out with them when my mom went in to town to go shopping. It has been stated that this was a common occurrence with this family, as well. The kids are 2 and 4... pretty much the absolute worst ages for shopping trips with mom. I always welcomed the opportunity to buy groceries without kids in tow myself.

Mapes said that Noah, his grandmother, and sister had stopped in the woods before he went missing.

"They sat down to talk and she was paying attention to the granddaughter, and when she turned around he was gone," said Tom Mapes, the spokesman for the Madison County Sheriff's Office. "She immediately went to look for him."

Noah's grandmother notified the Chester County Sheriff's Office at 1:19 p.m. of her missing grandson. Mapes said the Madison County Sheriff's Office was then called to assist in the search. The search was still ongoing after 10 p.m. Thursday.

I guess this is where the 1:19 pm originally came from. But the sheriff reported on the news the that the call came in at 1:40pm. I'm wondering if the 1:19pm is the time that she lost sight of him. Because you know we have recently had some bad reporting in the news of timelines in other cases.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2016/01/14/search-missing-toddler-near-pinson/78809882/

I believe the Chester County seat is Henderson, correct? Just 5 miles away? Is Jackson - which is much larger - in Madison County?

I hope mom shopping without her kids isn't really considered hinky. Her husband is gone for days at a time, she probably welcomes a few hours or so to herself and it is a million times easier to shop without little kids. Usually it is probably safer too. I leave my kids with my mom or mother-in-law when I'm shopping especially if I'm going to more than one store.
And it takes kids no time at all to disappear. My oldest two, at the ages of 2 and 4, disappeared on me in a large shopping mall in the time it took for me to sign my name on the credit card machine, take my receipt and bag, and turn around. The 2 year old apparently took off and her older brother chased after her instead of alerting me. It took 45 minutes to find them. I didn't panic immediately, as I stupidly assumed they couldn't have gotten too far. We found them clear at the other end of the mall, a 3/4 mile walk. They were busy looking at puppies at the pet store and didn't have a care in the world.

An account I read or heard (sorry - can't recall where) gave me the impression that she and the kids were along a path. It's been called a 'trail' by some but what I picture isn't a groomed trail like you'd see in a park, but rather a path that would simply be the way of least resistance that would become beaten down because animals and people take it. Meaning... no felled trees in the way, leading to a pond or other water source, etc.

And what I heard (yesterday's presser, maybe?) indicated that the kids were doing as kids do when out exploring and walking with an adult - running ahead, running behind, etc. - not walking along with grandma holding her hand.

If they were just out doing their thing and everyone was feeling comfortable and at ease in a familiar environment, not expecting anything like a disappearance to occur, Grandma would have an awareness of he was running ahead or behind, but wouldn't necessarily have her ears peeled to listen for crunching leaves.

My guess is that the sister needed a shoe tied or tripped and fell and needed comforted - something as benign as that - and that Noah continued on down the path, darting in and out of trees, and she just planned to catch on up with him as soon as the sister's immediate need was taken care of. If their property is like the terrain I've experienced in that area, it's certainly not flat and if he ran ahead just a bit he could be up and over a little hill and out of sight, and under normal circumstances that wouldn't be cause for worry. You just catch up with them or they run back towards you.

If you've listened to the Serial podcast, you'll remember how in the first episode the host leads you to understand that when you're just living out a normal day, little details don't necessarily stick with you. In hindsight people assume when you can't remember something that it's a sign that you're hiding something, but in reality, if someone asked you where you were at 2:54 yesterday, unless you were known to be in a class or at your desk or something, you probably wouldn't be able to remember with specificity who you were talking to and what you were talking about, etc. When something goes wrong we expect every detail, down to the specific minute things happened, to be there with clarity. But life really just doesn't usually happen that way.

A WS member posted a picture of the woods behind the grandma's house a few days ago which showed the path/trail. It was breathtaking which is how I commented. The trail looked VERY well maintained. No trees, brush, logs, etc.

Dan Lampariello &#8207;@WBBJ7Dan 1m1 minute ago
#UPDATE - Sheriff to give press conference on #FindNoah search at 4pm. @WBBJ7News will carry LIVE, I'll broadcast on #Periscope. #WBBJ

https://twitter.com/WBBJ7Dan

WBBJ doesn't livestream for me so I watch on periscope.

Hopefully we will actually get something out of the presser but given history I doubt it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares
Back