Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I worry they found clothing. They say one reaction to hypothermia is feeling super hot and therefore people remove their clothing. If that were the case though, it doesn't make sense they expanded the search area. Wouldn't he be found close to the clothing?

http://whnt.com/2016/01/21/rogersville-first-responders-aid-in-search-for-noah-chamberlin/

I just read this morning about the outsider police chief commenting about Noah not having any shoes on, which is most likely a slip-of-the-tongue on his part. It sounds as if the police chief and his crew were briefed on the facts of the case and were unaware that this information had not been released publicly.
It appears as if they just arrived on scene to help search yesterday and today.

Where his shoes were found could have a HUGE impact on this search effort. If they found his shoes on the outer perimeter of the search zone, or outside of the search zone, then this would indicate that he went a lot further out in the woods than LE initially thought. I'm pretty sure he would have started out with shoes on, the big question is where did he take them off and how far was it from where he was last seen ?

I suspect he would have taken his shoes off after they got soaking wet, which would have been sometime early Friday morning when the rains went through that area. The shoes may have become uncomfortable to walk in or they were hurting his feet. They may have been hurting his feet because he had walked so damn far, just like what happens to adults when they are walking on uneven trails for great distances.

Finding the shoes would be a huge kickstart in the search for him, because it would be the equivalent of having a new starting point. Forget about where he was last seen, the shoes would be a sure indicator that at one point or another Noah was standing right where they found them.

Of course on the downside of this, if they found his shoes a few hundred yards away from where he was last seen, then it hasn't made much of a difference due to hundreds of searchers scouring that area and finding nothing else.

Hopefully the media will pressure them for more information now and get them to divulge when and where his shoes were found, and at what point in the search timeline. If this statement was a mistaken assumption on the part of the police chief, then that too should be clarified by LE.

Good, interesting points..

But a shoe (if a shoe has been found) could have been dragged to the location it was found by wildlife...

Just a thought...

:waitasec:

1. He could have been playing a "hiding" game, like lots of kids do. My kid would also play this game, and no amount of calling him to come out and show himself worked. You either had to find him yourself or just leave and hope he would follow you. He also could have, like you said, gotten hurt right away and became unable to make any noise. Also, let's not forget the woods can be "loud", as in the crunching leaves, the loud birds, etc., added to the fact that grandma's hearing likely ain't what it used to be, he could have been making noise and she just couldn't hear it.
RSBM
RBBM

IMO I can see a scenario like this playing out. Noah hides from grandma and doesn't realize that she's begun to panic. She finally heads back to the house to call 911. At that point Noah now sees grandma and sister are gone and he too begins to panic. He comes out of hiding and tries to find them but heads in the wrong direction. So when grandma returns to keep searching Noah is now several hundred feet deeper into the woods. Some toddlers have a great sense of direction and some don't.

I know we don't know what actually happened but my point is that there are ways that it could have happened that don't imply foul play or even negligence. Sometimes a series of events just happens and it's not anyone's fault.

I wish there was some confirmation on this phone call, as there has been discussion about the way the call came in.

I don't think it matters how or when the call came in. It came in and was responded to quickly. Let's not try to slip in a rumor here, they're not allowed on Websleuths.

This is the bit I find hard to believe. Not accusing the grandma of lying but maybe mis-remembering how long she had her eyes off him. It doesn't seem possible that he could disappear completely that quickly, and be so far away, after such a short time that he couldn't hear her, and she couldn't hear him. Unless he fell into a hole almost immediately, without making any noise, and it was a hole that she didn't locate when searching for him, then it makes no sense.

What was the weather like when they were out? Was it warm enough that they might have lay down in the sun and perhaps grandma nodded off and doesn't realise just how long he was gone. Maybe it felt like a minute, but was actually longer?

Did she have her phone with her? Just wondering if she had taken a photo of Noah in the woods that day, and that is how LE are confirming that he was there. That is what has been recovered - a photo or text sent to someone with photo attached.

No one is reporting grandma looked away for a "minute". She is said to have looked away for a short time.

Here in West TN, anticipating the looming snow storm and preparing to buy extra groceries and batteries so that my family will be safe and warm and fed. Meanwhile, Noah's momma is anticipating the upcoming weather and wondering if her baby will be found before it hits..... My heart is breaking. Lord Jesus, please make it clear to all those searching exactly where this sweet child is located. Please.....

RSBM
RBBM

IMO I can see a scenario like this playing out. Noah hides from grandma and doesn't realize that she's begun to panic. She finally heads back to the house to call 911. At that point Noah now sees grandma and sister are gone and he too begins to panic. He comes out of hiding and tries to find them but heads in the wrong direction. So when grandma returns to keep searching Noah is now several hundred feet deeper into the woods. Some toddlers have a great sense of direction and some don't.

I know we don't know what actually happened but my point is that there are ways that it could have happened that don't imply foul play or even negligence. Sometimes a series of events just happens and it's not anyone's fault.

My son has done this to me only it was in a department store. I was looking at some clothes and swore I could see him from the corner of my eyes, but I didn't, he had managed to run off and was hiding from me inside another clothes rack. I called for him and he never came out. I search for a couple of minutes before I began to run towards customer service to get some help. Right as I reach the desk I hear crying and look around to see him looking for me, but going the opposite way. I ran to him and grabbed him, and he later told me he was hiding in a clothes rack right by me cause he wanted to "prank" me. Then when he couldn't see me anymore, he thought I had "gone home" and left him in the store. I couldn't believe how quickly we both lost sight of each other, and how he could have missed which direction I went, but he did. I can definitely see it happening in the woods, and it would be worse since it all looks more or less the same.

If Noah fell into a sinkhole that had a lot of water in it, maybe he immediately drowned?

Well, at some point he lost his shoe. So if the shoe wasn't found right near the point in the woods where he went missing then it didn't happen immediately after he went missing. It would have been after he lost his shoe. I wonder how far into the woods and at what point his shoe was found.

Which leads me to wonder, how long did the grandmother have her eye off of Noah. It couldn't have been just for a second because on that very distinct path it was a dry path the sheriff has said and then if the path was dry then some of these leaves that he had to walk through were dry. You CANNOT walk quietly in the woods with all those sticks and leaves. If he was close to them when he went into the woods she would have at least heard the leaves crunching.

Such a gripping case that it compelled me to create an account here. Poor little guy. :( Hoping and praying for a break that will bring everyone involved some degree of peace.

:welcome: Thank you for joining for baby Noah !

Well, at some point he lost his shoe. So if the shoe wasn't found right near the point in the woods where he went missing then it didn't happen immediately after he went missing. It would have been after he lost his shoe. I wonder how far into the woods and at what point his shoe was found.

Which leads me to wonder, how long did the grandmother have her eye off of Noah. It couldn't have been just for a second because on that very distinct path it was a dry path the sheriff has said and then if the path was dry then some of these leaves that he had to walk through were dry. You CANNOT walk quietly in the woods with all those sticks and leaves. If he was close to them when he went into the woods she would have at least heard the leaves crunching.

BBM - Although the path was probably dry that day, we have had so much rain in West TN and our ground has not been "leaf crunching" dry for some time. Especially in the woods, shielded from sunlight, the leaves may not have been dry enough to make much of any sound. IMO

Good, interesting points..

But a shoe (if a shoe has been found) could have been dragged to the location it was found by wildlife...

Just a thought...

:waitasec:

Or the shot got stuck in the mud and it pulled it off of him and he couldn't get it back on himself. He might have just left it.

An account I read or heard (sorry - can't recall where) gave me the impression that she and the kids were along a path. It's been called a 'trail' by some but what I picture isn't a groomed trail like you'd see in a park, but rather a path that would simply be the way of least resistance that would become beaten down because animals and people take it. Meaning... no felled trees in the way, leading to a pond or other water source, etc.

And what I heard (yesterday's presser, maybe?) indicated that the kids were doing as kids do when out exploring and walking with an adult - running ahead, running behind, etc. - not walking along with grandma holding her hand.

If they were just out doing their thing and everyone was feeling comfortable and at ease in a familiar environment, not expecting anything like a disappearance to occur, Grandma would have an awareness of he was running ahead or behind, but wouldn't necessarily have her ears peeled to listen for crunching leaves.

My guess is that the sister needed a shoe tied or tripped and fell and needed comforted - something as benign as that - and that Noah continued on down the path, darting in and out of trees, and she just planned to catch on up with him as soon as the sister's immediate need was taken care of. If their property is like the terrain I've experienced in that area, it's certainly not flat and if he ran ahead just a bit he could be up and over a little hill and out of sight, and under normal circumstances that wouldn't be cause for worry. You just catch up with them or they run back towards you.

If you've listened to the Serial podcast, you'll remember how in the first episode the host leads you to understand that when you're just living out a normal day, little details don't necessarily stick with you. In hindsight people assume when you can't remember something that it's a sign that you're hiding something, but in reality, if someone asked you where you were at 2:54 yesterday, unless you were known to be in a class or at your desk or something, you probably wouldn't be able to remember with specificity who you were talking to and what you were talking about, etc. When something goes wrong we expect every detail, down to the specific minute things happened, to be there with clarity. But life really just doesn't usually happen that way.

I don't think many two year olds can put their shoes on.

I agree! When my son was 2, he was fast at removing clothing and shoes, didn't have a clue to put anything back on though.

Deer cam .............wondering if Noah was seen on one with no shoes and just a T shirt? That would be a lead without actually finding anything. Does part of the woods back up to another persons land?

This is what I was thinking. To me, it fits the statement of recovering leads as well as why the location of the leads wasn't provided. No one wants the public to know where about their trail cams are set up because odds are, they'd get stolen.

my impression from the very first statements made (January 15th after the first night of searching) was that Grandmother, 4 year old sister and Noah were on a walk in one of the wooded portions of the property. They stopped walking. Grandmother turned her attention to the sister and when she looked back up Noah was gone. I think that grandmother was calling a"break" in the walk and they sat down. On a deadfall, a stump, somewhere that would allow sitting?

The thought has occurred to me that maybe Noah saw some small critter (insect, frog, rabbit, squirrel, bird, something like that) that drew his attention and he set off with all the determination a toddler can possess to chase or "stalk" it. If he was trying to sneak up on something that could account why the grandmother may not have heard him leaving her proximity.

Authorities say the information they have is Noah Israel Chamberlin was walking in the woods with his grandmother and his 4-year-old sister when his grandmother lost sight of him. Tom Mapes, Madison County Sheriff’s spokesperson, said that Noah, his grandmother, and sister had gone for a walk in the woods. “They sat down to talk and the grandmother was paying attention to the granddaughter, and when she turned around he was gone,” said Mapes.

http://point5digital.com/tn/jackson...leads-on-missing-child-search-renews-at-dawn/

http://whnt.com/2016/01/21/rogersville-first-responders-aid-in-search-for-noah-chamberlin/
From page 2 of this thread. Recent article (this am). Searchers from another area called in and comments made. We've been dissecting them all morning.

From the above link:

attachment.php

Attachments

• rogersville1.jpg
    rogersville1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 690

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics