TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mind if there are redactions. There should be some redactions in my opinion. Things like names of innocent people, addresses, phone numbers, and any diagrams detailing floor plans of schools or buildings and probably other things I can’t think of, should be redacted. It does need to be released though.
So this shooter had about 14 bound journals entirely filled front to back detailing years of their life. Probably drawings too, as some artists do. That would be fascinating to study.
How long will it take to read every line, verify each person, place or event mentioned in 14 journals?
When each journal page is finally scanned and posted online I think it might be a larger cache of info than the Columbine documents.

And then someone will pore over every detail and think: “I could do that, too… but I can do it better”.

given that NPD was going to release it then abruptly did an about face, its clear they were directed by higher ups to not release it. Absent a court order, they will never release it. This is going to take a while, but it will be released. If find this appalling that this information is sealed.
Can you explain what you mean by “higher ups”? The FBI?

Thanks for your patience!

<modsnip - political commentary>

Teachers have said they are tired, too. They joined protesters while Metro Nashville Public Schools was not in school on Thursday.

"We are tired of worrying," Rosebank Elementary School teacher Lucy Grunkemeyer said. "Tennessee teachers — both public and private — are demanding more stringent gun laws. We support background checks and not lowering the gun carrying age. We find the actions against Johnson, Pearson and Jones abhorrent. Teachers, it's time to educate our legislators on listening to the people. Protect our children, not guns."

Last edited by a moderator:
Investigators must still work to gather and analyze evidence in the case and to determine if related crimes were committed, are being planned, or whether other people were involved,” Gibson wrote.
RSBM
Even after another 12 months, I highly doubt Covenant Church would offer up any evidence of related crimes.

Edit:formatting

RSBM
Even after another 12 months, I highly doubt Covenant Church would offer up any evidence of related crimes.

Edit:formatting
What if the shooter provided it in her manifesto? iirc, she only went to school there two years. I think something happened which is why her parents pulled her out of there.

JMO

So this shooter had about 14 bound journals entirely filled front to back detailing years of their life. Probably drawings too, as some artists do. That would be fascinating to study.
How long will it take to read every line, verify each person, place or event mentioned in 14 journals?
When each journal page is finally scanned and posted online I think it might be a larger cache of info than the Columbine documents.

And then someone will pore over every detail and think: “I could do that, too… but I can do it better”.
I don’t really see a cause and effect here. There is so much out there to “springboard from” if you want to fuel a desire to murder. On the internet, dark web, heck even if you watch Criminal Minds. True crime podcasts, documentaries etc abound. Should we ban it all?
<modsnip: politics/gun control>
Just my opinion.

What if the shooter provided it in her manifesto? iirc, she only went to school there two years. I think something happened which is why her parents pulled her out of there.

JMO
U may be correct but I recall it was only one grade/ one year that she attended that school. It seemed to be during or close to a time that there was a bit of “tension” at the school due to one of the leaders I believe splitting off to form his own church and what surrounded all that.
What caught my eye and I have mentioned earlier in these threads is that when LE searched the shooters parents house they found Five yearbooks from the school. Assuming for the sake of discussion the yearbooks were for five different years - was there a family member who went there for five years ? Or did a family member work there ? Or? Just curious if there was a long term relationship between the church and her family. All imo.

I don’t really see a cause and effect here. There is so much out there to “springboard from” if you want to fuel a desire to murder. On the internet, dark web, heck even if you watch Criminal Minds. True crime podcasts, documentaries etc abound. Should we ban it all?
<modsnip: politics/gun control>
Just my opinion.
This is a really good point. So many seem to think if the manifesto is released it's practically a guarantee someone will study it and use it to plan their own mass shooting. The fact is, mass shootings happened and still happen all the time, without the shooter ever reading anyone's insane, hateful thoughts.

If Audrey Hale's manifesto is never released, there will still be more mass shootings because there are evil, angry, murderous people walking among us. <modsnip: quoted post was snipped>

jmo

JMO
It's been a while since I read any MSM on this case, but I don't recall any mention of anything ever happening to her while she attended that school.

Covenant Church is the victim, the crimes were committed by the shooter when she shot up their school.
I was discussing what could be discovered in the shooter’s manifesto (the “evidence”).

Evidence in the manifesto will most likely include descriptions of the shooter’s perceived slights and collected grievances. Any past event that affected the shooter strongly (good or bad) will likely include names and dates that could easily be cross referenced by the FBI (if the mentioned parties cooperate).

Its possible past event(s) described in the manifesto will be verified as true. And these past events could be the related crimes that have not been exposed… until now.

To add: Of course, nothing justifies a school shooting. Researching all the circumstances pertaining to a crime (including the criminal’s background and mindset) is not “finding excuses” for the criminal. We must gather all the information before we can learn, and grow.

I was discussing what could be discovered in the shooter’s manifesto (the “evidence”).

Evidence in the manifesto will most likely include descriptions of the shooter’s perceived slights and collected grievances. Any past event that affected the shooter strongly (good or bad) will likely include names and dates that could easily be cross referenced by the FBI (if the mentioned parties cooperate).

Its possible past event(s) described in the manifesto will be verified as true. And these past events could be the related crimes that have not been exposed… until now.

To add: Of course, nothing justifies a school shooting. Researching all the circumstances pertaining to a crime (including the criminal’s background and mindset) is not “finding excuses” for the criminal. We must gather all the information before we can learn, and grow.
BBM. I think there is information in that evidence that LE needs to further investigate. Nothing justifies any mass shooting no matter where it takes place.

JMO

I don't understand why there is so much interest in this manifesto. I do not remember so much clamoring for other manifestos to be released.
I was just wondering the same thing. Why are some folks demanding that the entire manifesto be released? We’ve all followedWS long enough to know LE doesnt always reveal all the evidence they’ve collected during murder investigations, at least not for a long time. There are good reasons for that, as many have already stated here.

it kind of reminds me of the Las Vegas mass shooting a few years ago when some folks insisted there were multiple shooters and the hotel was covering it up, etc., etc. Same with Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. JMO

U may be correct but I recall it was only one grade/ one year that she attended that school. It seemed to be during or close to a time that there was a bit of “tension” at the school due to one of the leaders I believe splitting off to form his own church and what surrounded all that.
What caught my eye and I have mentioned earlier in these threads is that when LE searched the shooters parents house they found Five yearbooks from the school. Assuming for the sake of discussion the yearbooks were for five different years - was there a family member who went there for five years ? Or did a family member work there ? Or? Just curious if there was a long term relationship between the church and her family. All imo.
BBM. Good question. We really know nothing about the shooter's family such as where they worked or attended church. The shooting in Kentucky a short time later, we learned more about his family and that he had suffered head injuries in sports.

JMO

That's a very common thought among folks I've seen discussing this online. i.e., a political move to shield a specific group from justifiable anger and outrage for ever promoting violence in the first place.

It actually makes me feel sick to think it might be true, but the longer they keep it from being released all they're doing is feeding the rumor mill.

jmo
All but the most minimal of redactions will do the same, imo. This has been billed as a manifesto. By their nature, they are heavy on ideology. That's the whole point of a manifesto. I agree that the longer they wait to release it in full with only the most minimal of redactions, the optics get much worse, as decisions certainly appear to be a political move. IMOO

I don't believe it is a political move at all. I think the open question of whether the shooter acted alone or was influenced by what was being posted on social media is what they are genuinely investigating.

The arrest of Jack Teixeira, 21, comes following a fast-moving search by the US government for the identity of the leaker who posted classified documents to a social media platform popular with video gamers.
To date, afaik, JT is the only one arrested and charged criminally in that case. IMOO, that proves further that there is no reason not to release the manifesto. They've had plenty of time to run down leads and eliminate other actors. Did people in JT's online circle land on government watch lists? Most likely. Did some of the Nashville shooter's online circle end up on government watch lists? Maybe. But there will be no further arrests. Rather than waiting on pending charges, this is an obvious political ploy, imo, to cater and protect those who would be put in a bad light by the ideology, imoo. In short, I suspect strongly that the manifesto's contents don't support the early prevailing narrative that was promoted and pushed. JMOO

given that NPD was going to release it then abruptly did an about face, its clear they were directed by higher ups to not release it. Absent a court order, they will never release it. This is going to take a while, but it will be released. If find this appalling that this information is sealed.
Well said.

Someone intent on killing can already find online copious how-to docs, videos, speeches, social support, etc. We slice and dice cases all day everyday on here without the notion or concern that someone will be combing these pages for inspiration on how to do it bigger or better. I mean no offense, but using your rationale, an entire true crime industry should be shut down. The American public has the right to know what's in the manifesto, regardless of what group or groups get their feathers ruffled in the process. AJMOO

I don't understand why there is so much interest in this manifesto. I do not remember so much clamoring for other manifestos to be released.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd very much like to know what in the world possibly convinced this woman to take the time to plan the slaughter of innocent people, including the most defenseless among us, little children.

In every violent crime the most common question asked is WHY?
In this case, LE has told us Audrey Hale has all the answers to the question of her intentions, motives and aims, in her so-called manifesto, and I want to see it.

What I don't understand, is why people DON'T want to know.
Or don't want the answers made public.

jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads