Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible, but may be unlikely. Does anyone find it odd that parents check on a healthy 14 year old at 4:30AM? That's early to get up even on a farm. If the Mom helped her, wouldn't she give her as much time as possible for a headstart to escape? Like put pillows under the covers and tell the husband she is sleeping?

I checked Amtrak and they have similar restrictions to Greyhound. But a local adult can put a 14 year old unaccompanied on these types of transportation. The Mom might have gotten a friend to help in that way, by claiming SP was some other child, have another Mom use some other child's birth certificate and sign for the ticketing.

If SP were my relative (niece, granddaughter), I would have driven to TN and picked her up, driven her back to WI.
I think their whole timeline is suspect- and the changing stories of who checked on her - and when seems like a cover up IMO I also would have driven to get her if I knew of the bad situation

Could it happen? Yeah, I guess. Do I think there is a greater than 10% chance that happened? No. If you are helping your oldest daughter -your sunshine- get away from abuse, you don't handslap people online for criticizing you for using past tense verbs. You just dont give up valuable media coverage and make it about you and your hurt feelings.
Thanks. I didn't follow this case closely. I saw several comments about RP's demeanor in this thread, but not much about the mother.

Fully agree....... So glad you posted that !

What scares me for this teen is that if mommy dearest isn't charged-- SP will be sent back to her.
Imagine the anger that her mom might have against SP-- for causing 'her man' to be thrown into prison ?
As if it was SP's fault .

And, given the type of man that her mother deems o.k. to allow into that home --- maybe none of those children should be made to live with her ?
Scary indeed.

I don't think it's fair to demonize the mother yet. If S says she knew and allowed it, fine. Right now for all we know Mom could have been taking frequent abuse thinking she was protecting her daughters from him. She and S look a ton alike and she looks very young herself.

If the Mom is angry at S then the kids won't go back there, they aren't going to just drop them and leave them. I think it's far more likely that this woman is going to further hate HERSELF. Feel like a complete and total failure. She doesn't strike me as a woman who doesn't care. Maybe I'm wrong and she's just as guilty as him. Until we know that, I'm going to give her a break. I don't want to contribute to pushing her to kill herself.

Also, she didn't "let a man into the home" she married a man 11 and a half years ago. They raised 4 kids together. They own a business together. This wasn't a boyfriend of the month situation. People can completely fool someone. Even for years on end. Look at all of the murder suicides. I'm pretty sure if those families had any idea it was possible they would have gotten out of there. People are very good at hiding who they are, I know from experience.

I'm so, so sorry that you and your family went through this. I can't even imagine how difficult it was, and continues to be.

Yes, I totally agree - people need to remember that the ripples of ugly events spread far and wide, unfortunately.

<modsnipped personal anecdotes>If this guy was abusive in other ways it may be less of a shock and betrayal situation. I'm not sure if that would be better or not.

I am just SO glad everyone made it out alive... and I hope it stays that way. I hope they all delete social media and don't read any comments until it all dies down. They are really awful. :(

<mod: please keep personal anecdotes off the thread>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I didn't follow this case closely. I saw several comments about RP's demeanor in this thread, but not much about the mother.

The mother's demeanor was "different" to me. He seemed to do more talking from what I saw. He looked scared, she looked depressed and worried. Her posts are very rambling during the time that S is missing. I've been following the Savannah Spurlock case pretty closely but checked in over here and lurked around a bit also. I'm not as up to speed on this case, but they remind me of the couple, who had all those kids locked in the house, down in TX. Kinda eat up with each other.

From what I read somewhere, SP was the only child that was homeschooled when they moved, the siblings were not. Why did S not go to school? Was the abuse going on for a while and RP wanted to keep her isolated from others? In case she talked? She is 14, at that age she may have shown some budding rebellion typical for a teen and thus better to keep an eye on her?

<modsnip: such speculation is not victim friendly>

Such a brave, strong and gutsy young woman. I so wish her the very best.

It is disturbing. Apparently her own mother was unavailable to help her! And no other local adult like at church, or a doctor/public health office, and she was isolated by home schooling.
BBM

^^^ Possibly why LE have said there will be more charges and arrests ?
Not a big stretch.
If they've been together since 2007 -- of course CP will protect her spouse.

Unsure why her mother's family is jumping to the mom's defense. But blood is thicker than H20... as they say.

From what I read somewhere, SP was the only child that was homeschooled when they moved, the siblings were not. Why did SP not go to school? Was the abuse going on for a while and RP wanted to keep her isolated from others? In case she talked? She is 14, at that age she may have shown some budding rebellion typical for a teen and thus better to keep an eye on her?

BBM

Not uncommon. Jealousy, in part, is what I think.

From what I read somewhere, SP was the only child that was homeschooled when they moved, the siblings were not. Why did S not go to school? Was the abuse going on for a while and RP wanted to keep her isolated from others? In case she talked? She is 14, at that age she may have shown some budding rebellion typical for a teen and thus better to keep an eye on her?

BBM
Re. the bolded bit : Fully agree !

<modsnip: snipped quote and reference to it>

Regarding the parents' changing timelines....if only RP had changed his story... no one would be surprised.
But the mother's story also changed.
So no one is unnecessarily blaming her -- just wondering why she stated different timelines.
Posters on this thread have continually given her (CP) the benefit of the doubt; imo.

BBM

^^^ Possibly why LE have said there will be more charges and arrests ?
Not a big stretch.
If they've been together since 2007 -- of course CP will protect her spouse.

Unsure why her mother's family is jumping to the mom's defense. But blood is thicker than H20... as they say.

They've been together since 2007. She has been a mom since before that. Why would she protect him and not her child? Did I miss a statement from CP saying she is standing by her man and disowning her daughter?

We've seen plenty of cases where the boyfriend of the month was chosen over the child. I see no reason why the length of time makes a difference. I'd kill anyone who harmed my child. Whether I've know them for 30 minutes or 30 years.

It just doesn't seem right to condemn everyone already. What if Mom is a victim and S was trying to protect her as well? Then S will also be hurt by the accusations being tossed Moms way. There's plenty to condemn with the father. I certainly hope nobody else failed her.

So instead of initials they just aren't going to report on it? Wow. I was hoping we would know the outcome. I guess not if they can't even leave up the arrest or found safe.
They simply removed the Tweets, as they can’t be edited.

In the future, they will mention only the suspect’s name.

The news articles haven’t gone anywhere, and most have been edited to remove her name, like this one:
Madisonville teen who went missing Jan. 13 found safe

This is this outlet’s new disclaimer:

The news of the 14-year-old being the victim of the alleged rape has changed the circumstances of how WATE 6 On Your Side may report this story.

WATE 6 On Your Side is not naming the victim of the alleged rape, per policy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member