Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And one final thought--he is not responsible apparently for abducting her and he did not kill her so there will be no homicide charges, kidnapping, etc. I sure to heck hope he is facing enough time. Laws vary so greatly. It will depend on many factors I would imagine.

Also, maybe she stayed in the London, KY area for days, before moving to WI. We just don’t know.
I really think she had a confidant that for unkown reasons felt she had to be out of TN for action to be taken. Maybe some type of victim advocate group took her in.

As someone who was a licensed family therapist in Kentucky and worked with many victims and victim advocates, I've never heard of a group here that would take in an underage girl and not share information with LE. Friends or family, maybe, but not any kind of group.

Not if she was gone that quickly. She may have planned this in advance. They noticed her missing at 4:30 a.m. Odds are, she booked as soon as that home was quiet, and had someone who helped her.

Then again, she's not far from Knoxville. I am probably wrong. However, some of the Knoxville greyhounds stop over in London, on their way to WI. She may have just hopped one there in Knoxville, turned off her phone, after crossing into Ky., and kicked back til she got to WI. No one is going to notice her reading on a bus, or sleeping.

I've done the London/Corbin to Minnesota route before. And you're right-nobody notices you. People hardly look up from their things. Unless she did something that specifically stood out, people would've carried on their way and paid her no attention. FWIW, I have never been asked for identification to purchase a Greyhound ticket. I've bought them online and printed them out and I've bought them at the station. The rules may be that one must be 18+ but having purchased them in London, Corbin, and Berea (the Berea stop is no longer there, alas), it's always been super quick without any ID showing.

Those routes are super long, though. From London to Minnesota it took more than 20 hours. We stopped at every.single.stop on the way. It included some long layovers-maybe 2 hours in Indianapolis and then 3-4 hours in Chicago. It's definitely not a fast way of getting around.

IMO she traveled by car. Someone came and got her.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — A new Tennessee bill takes aim at those found guilty of aggravated rape of a child in the state.

HB283 sponsored by Rep. Mary Littleton (R-Dickson), would increase time in prison and the fine for those convicted of the crime.

Currently, punishment for aggravated rape of a child is 15-60 years in prison with a fine of up to $50,000.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — A new Tennessee bill takes aim at those found guilty of aggravated rape of a child in the state.

HB283 sponsored by Rep. Mary Littleton (R-Dickson), would increase time in prison and the fine for those convicted of the crime.

Currently, punishment for aggravated rape of a child is 15-60 years in prison with a fine of up to $50,000.

Thank you for this. I wonder what conditions, ages, circumstances would apply to see him go away for at least the 60! We could make an educated guess in this case it was repeated and I would hope that would give him a far longer sentence (although I would rather not think she went through it for long and WISH SHE HAD NOT AT ALL of course).

This just gave me another thought--they lived in two states--there could be charges in both I suppose...?

Wow, I will never catch up with notifications so if someone responded and I have not responded that is why. I laid down last night to watch TV when he had been arrested but she had not been found.

My first thoughts like many went to if he was guilty of rape then he killed her too and they were trying to find out from him where she was.

By the time I left the computer and laid down, the thought popped right into my head that she had been helping them and they had her and/or had contact with her. Could be wrong, she may have come out of hiding when hearing he was arrested but either way, I went to bed with hope.

Got up, saw the news and SO HAPPY.

It has taken me a couple of hours again to catch up this morning and that gives time for the thoughts to clear.

I HOPE the bedsheet was taken as proof and this is not a he said/she said. I suspect they have enough or more to hold him and some evidence. It does make sense that she took it for such a reason.

I have thoughts of what may have occurred before this move and what spurred it but it is total speculation so I won't go into it.

Never liked him. I was a bit put off by both parents but I will keep my mind open on the mother--for now.

The more arrests/more people bothers me. If it was just possibly another arrest or two, it would not but it sounds like a bit more than that. I hope she did not jump out of one fire into another. Or worse, that it was on stepdad end of things.

Imo, unless he came into her life later, her bio dad let her go if this man was able to adopt her. That does not mean he may not have maintained contact but generally a caring father will fight an adoption by a stepfather. Jmo.

IF good people were helping, just in thinking what I would do--let's say she tried to tell before and she got shut down, or he got away with it, or she was called a liar by family members or no proof, and then moved, if I were her family in WI who wanted to help (if that is the case, we have no idea I realize), I would get her up there and then I would place her somewhere with someone else willing to help and I would go straight to the authorities and say I do not want to break the law, but I cannot give her up until we know she will not have to go back to him...? You have to help us... Just a thought but a heartwarming one I think.

Another GOOD ending. I am starting to learn or believe they knew more than we do (LE, etc.) and are at times working behind the scenes. So HAPPY she is safe and waking up to find that. The entire day yesterday smacked to me of the Jayme Closs case. There was an arrest, no there wasn't in this case. In J's, she was found, no she wasn't. And other things that day.... It allowed me to keep a bit of hope yesterday...

Whatever the facts turn out to be, she is ALIVE AND SAFE.

Just my longwinded 2c worth on seeing the news and catching up with all of the posts or most of them anyway.

Wow! What a great post! Everything you said is very heartwarming IMO

Thank you for this. I wonder what conditions, ages, circumstances would apply to see him go away for at least the 60! We could make an educated guess in this case it was repeated and I would hope that would give him a far longer sentence (although I would rather not think she went through it for long and WISH SHE HAD NOT AT ALL of course).

This just gave me another thought--they lived in two states--there could be charges in both I suppose...?

I can deal with 60 for him. He would be 101 I believe. (Age check link!)

I feel the same, of course, on your wish :)

We may never know the 'real' reasons for their move. RP had claimed 'health reasons' (link needed here too!)

Yeah, I hope it wasn't going on in GA too.

I can deal with 60 for him. He would be 101 I believe. (Age check link!)

I feel the same, of course, on your wish :)

We may never know the 'real' reasons for their move. RP had claimed 'health reasons' (link needed here too!)

Yeah, I hope it wasn't going on in GA too.

The removing from school bothers me and changing states altogether and then not putting her back in school. I mean they were not trying to HIDE exactly as they purchased a home (not like on the run) but maybe get away from something they managed to get shut down.... or maybe some people knew about? We may well as you say never know.

Yeah, I don't remember his age but 60 would work as long as he serves the entire 60 right??

I always wondered why it seemed that LE wasn't looking locally. Like walking searches of the farm with volunteers etc. and never a sense of urgency to finding her, at least the MSM never gave me that impression. So, now we know. I always felt that there were adults rescuing her, whether they were distant family members or an organization. I am troubled by the comment by LE that additional arrests may be made. I hope that doesn't refer to her rescuers.

Increases punishment from 16-60 years to 60-LWOP. Fantastic. Hope it passes. It is long overdue that SA of any kind yields proper consequences. I’m done with these slap on the wrist sentences of 6 months to 5 years. It’s inexcusable.

I always wondered why it seemed that LE wasn't looking locally. Like walking searches of the farm with volunteers etc. and never a sense of urgency to finding her, at least the MSM never gave me that impression. So, now we know. I always felt that there were adults rescuing her, whether they were distant family members or an organization. I am troubled by the comment by LE that additional arrests may be made. I hope that doesn't refer to her rescuers.

I agree anyone rescuing depending on circumstances should be given a break. However, I do worry what that means and hope she did not go through worse either in her home states or once running away. We also I guess do not know that she was "rescued" and did not just run, etc. I would hope they are actual rescuers and/or no one but the stepfather allegedly did what he did in their home states either. The comment bothers me greatly too and certainly hints of more to come.

I am so happy she safe. I have learned that it's not enough to want a safe return but also a resolution to why a child runs away is also needed. I have always prayed for both.
Yes, both a safe return and having a safe place to return to is important. Hopefully she can begin to put all this behind her. Of course it is going to take time.
And now some of the details that seemed so confusing and conflicting when we first learned of this case have begun to fall into place.

Increases punishment from 16-60 years to 60-LWOP. Fantastic. Hope it passes. It is long overdue that SA of any kind yields proper consequences. I’m done with these slap on the wrist sentences of 6 months to 5 years. It’s inexcusable.

Thank you for point this out. This is not passed yet is it?

I agree. I have long thought that it makes me ill that someone who steals a car gets more time than someone who seriously harms or kills a child. In many cases.

ETA: *pointing*

Is it plausible that whoever she is with now, family or organization, could have contacted LE early on and was advised to keep her quiet and safe while a case was being put together? Especially since local LE had no idea what really went down at the farm etc.? Has that been done before on any other case for this length of time. Could a real fear of what RP might do to his wife and remaining children have been a factor? Has it been established what RP was doing up in Kentucky the night he was taken into custody? He wasn't working because he wasn't in his truck, LE towed his grey Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark2221