Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for point this out. This is not passed yet is it?

I agree. I have long thought that it makes me ill that someone who steals a car gets more time than someone who seriously harms or kills a child. In many cases.

ETA: *pointing*
Yes! It’s a house bill recently proposed. Auto theft, illegal hunting or fishing, drug possession, etc. Typically more severe consequenses than rape. And don’t get me started on the time off for good behavior.

I always wondered why it seemed that LE wasn't looking locally. Like walking searches of the farm with volunteers etc. and never a sense of urgency to finding her, at least the MSM never gave me that impression. So, now we know. I always felt that there were adults rescuing her, whether they were distant family members or an organization. I am troubled by the comment by LE that additional arrests may be made. I hope that doesn't refer to her rescuers.
BBM - I wonder if it's someone who had a "duty to report" ? Schoolteacher, pastor, doctor, etc. that she told and they didn't do anything?

I was a mandated reporter within a school system and I can truly say I don't know if I would have been arrested if proven I had done nothing. Excellent point you make !!
Also, whoever she is with, once found by LE, they made the decision to leave her there. That says alot to me.

Is it plausible that whoever she is with now, family or organization, could have contacted LE early on and was advised to keep her quiet and safe while a case was being put together? Especially since local LE had no idea what really went down at the farm etc.? Has that been done before on any other case for this length of time. Could a real fear of what RP might do to his wife and remaining children have been a factor? Has it been established what RP was doing up in Kentucky the night he was taken into custody? He wasn't working because he wasn't in his truck, LE towed his grey Ford.
Has it been reported that RP was in Kentucky? As far as news stories go he was arrested in the afternoon (2:33pm) yesterday in Monroe County, TN. There was a totally unrelated event in Kentucky the previous night involving the FBI and a kidnap for ransom that involved a suspect and victim from Tennessee.

I was a mandated reporter within a school system and I can truly say I don't know if I would have been arrested if proven I had done nothing. Excellent point you make !!
Also, whoever she is with, once found by LE, they made the decision to leave her there. That says alot to me.

I was thinking maybe she went to someone back before they moved and instead of reporting they went to dear old dad and told him about it? That may have precipatated the move and the home schooling.

Yes! It’s a house bill recently proposed. Auto theft, illegal hunting or fishing, drug possession, etc. Typically more severe consequenses than rape. And don’t get me started on the time off for good behavior.

Me either, if I get started, I will not stop. It is only in recent years I am realizing life in prison is not life in prison anymore in so many states. And in many cases, a slap and not that long. And may other things, like you said good behavior. And I could, as well, go on at length...

BBM - I wonder if it's someone who had a "duty to report" ? Schoolteacher, pastor, doctor, etc. that she told and they didn't do anything?

Did I miss something or does it say she is with the people she was with? I did read that she remains in Wisconsin but that could be in the hands of foster care, LE, family, etc. Unless I missed a news report which is entirely possible.

Has it been reported that RP was in Kentucky? As far as news stories go he was arrested in the afternoon (2:33pm) yesterday in Monroe County, TN. There was a totally unrelated event in Kentucky the previous night involving the FBI and a kidnap for ransom that involved a suspect and victim from Tennessee.
Just when I thought this was all straight in my mind, here it is, all mixed up again. I thought the suspect was the same in both places, taken down and in for questioning the evening in Fietchburg (?) Kentucky, and moved to Monroe County Tennessee and arrested at 2:30 the next afternoon where he will be arraigned next Tuesday. Please, someone, be simple and straighten me out.

Did I miss something or does it say she is with the people she was with? I did read that she remains in Wisconsin but that could be in the hands of foster care, LE, family, etc. Unless I missed a news report which is entirely possible.
I was responding to the poster who was wondering what other arrests LE said they might be making

To be fair, we don't yet know if the mother is a suspect. If and when she becomes one, yes, throw the book at her. But she MAY be a victim also. Early on, I threw both parents under the bus in a hastily thought through comment, not realizing how critical TOS are to the integrity of the entire website, not just this thread. Let's not be too hasty.

Thanks GoBuckeyes! Yes TOS still applies to the mother since she has not been charged or named as complicit in the crime. She still falls under the TOS umbrella as a victim and our site is victim friendly. Posts bashing her, suggesting her involvement and knowledge are being removed until and unless we know more.

As an aside, posts discussing the victim need to address her by her initials SP and this includes her first name.

Just when I thought this was all straight in my mind, here it is, all mixed up again. I thought the suspect was the same in both places, taken down and in for questioning the evening in Fietchburg (?) Kentucky, and moved to Monroe County Tennessee and arrested at 2:30 the next afternoon where he will be arraigned next Tuesday. Please, someone, be simple and straighten me out.
The arrest in Leitchfield was unrelated. It was related to another kidnapping case.

Thanks GoBuckeyes! Yes TOS still applies to the mother since she has not been charged or named as complicit in the crime. She still falls under the TOS umbrella as a victim and our site is victim friendly. Posts bashing her, suggesting her involvement and knowledge are being removed until and unless we know more.

As an aside, posts discussing the victim need to address her by her initials SP and this includes her first name.
I am sure you Mods are busy but wanted to point out the media thread still uses her full name - replaced her name with stars:
SLP 14, Madisonville, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*
Thank you for everything you do. so very glad she is safe at last.

Is it plausible that whoever she is with now, family or organization, could have contacted LE early on and was advised to keep her quiet and safe while a case was being put together? Especially since local LE had no idea what really went down at the farm etc.? Has that been done before on any other case for this length of time. Could a real fear of what RP might do to his wife and remaining children have been a factor? Has it been established what RP was doing up in Kentucky the night he was taken into custody? He wasn't working because he wasn't in his truck, LE towed his grey Ford.
I had this thought as well, but I have since backed away from it. I wouldn't think that LE would leave the other kids in that situation, especially the 12-year-old. I think they would have moved to secure the kids first then resolve the situation.

When I woke up this morning and checked the news I was so happy to hear she had been found alive and safe....but in that same minute of joy I felt sickened learining of the adoptive dad being arrested for rape. That *advertiser censored*! How dare he plead on camera for her return. We all know the only reason he wanted her to come back! I pray for that brave girl and so glad she reported the rape. I wonder if her mother knew about what was going on? If the mother knew can't she be charged?

This is the unrelated event that the media in Kentucky originally reported as connected and then retracted.
Ky. Man Arrested After Allegedly Holding Tenn. Woman For Ransom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member