Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a possibility that SP didn't take the sheets with her? That once someone in the house realized she was missing, they took them and discarded/destroyed them because they knew they contained evidence LE would find when they called in her disappearance?

Yes. A 14 year probably wouldn't recognize the value of the sheets, IMO (unless someone told her).

If more than one household member knew about the abuse, then they would replace the sheets if they were missing to avoid questions -right?

If only the stepfather knew about his abuse, then it would hard for him to explain to the mother why he was replacing the sheets in the morning when the daughter was missing. This may be the most likely case, and might help exonerate the mother.

When I saw that the bed was made, and read their comments that the room hadn't been disturbed, I went to the conclusion that she never slept in the bed that night, but got ready to leave as soon as she went to her room.
Agreed. Leaving around 11pm, or asking someone to meet you around 11pm is a bit easier than, say 3-4 in the morning. Although, I assume she would have had to be able to sneak out unheard. I can't imagine that a vehicle pulled up in the driveway and waited for her. All JMO

She is safe, she is in custody so that's a very good ending to this," Monroe County Sheriff Tommy Jones told WATE. "She's doing fine."
BBM and snipped
Missing teen with Gwinnett County ties found safe; Stepfather arrested

FBI agents in Wisconsin found the girl around 9 p.m. Thursday, according to a tweet from the FBI's Knoxville division.

SP is Safe! FBI Agents in Wisconsin located her at approximately 9:00 p.m. Excellent teamwork by @MonroeTNSheriff , @TBInvestigation throughout. Thanks to our community for the support. pic.twitter.com/Hy6swCJNNp

— FBI Knoxville (@FBIKnoxville) February 1, 2019

Interesting FBI used twitter to announce this. Curious about the choice of words - "custody" - she wasn't taken to a hospital? Maybe they just are not releasing any information until the rest of the arrests are made? JMO
ETA initials
Usually in a situation where abuse occurs in the home the victim as well as the siblings may be removed from the home by CPS until a thorough investigation is complete. Depending on the outcome, it could be a long time. Imo

And this has probably been mentioned? Maybe the sheet was used to escape through the window? For what reason she may have taken it along with her, I don’t know. Maybe it was discarded. Or maybe the stepfather did something with it.

Too much for this heart

I hope there will be stricter laws for pedophiles. I think one offense should be a life spent behind bars.

And this has probably been mentioned? Maybe the sheet was used to escape through the window? For what reason she may have taken it along with her, I don’t know. Maybe it was discarded. Or maybe the stepfather did something with it.

<Snip for just relevant portion>
All of which remains a possibility. She may have, in fact, simply used it to wrap clothes in, although I really wonder about that, since that would be likely source of DNA. Those details may be made public later, but possibly not until after the prosecution of the case.

Missing TN teen found in Madison, FBI thanks Dane Co. Sheriff’s Office and Madison Police Department
The FBI thanked the Dane County Sheriff’s Office, Madison Police Department and Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation for their help in finding her.

The girl was last seen before she went to bed between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.

The sheriff in Monroe County, Tennessee — Tommy Jones — said she has family in Wisconsin, but he does not believe she was related to the people with whom she was found.

“She is safe. She is in custody so that’s a very good ending to this as far as we’re concerned,” Jones said. “She’s had shelter, she’s been eating and, according to the information that we got back, she’s doing fine.”

“We don’t believe at this time he has any connection to her running away or missing,” Sheriff Jones said.

The rape charge – is part of the same case, but carries different charges, Sheriff Jones clarified. Officials could not comment on the date of the alleged rape crime.

All of which remains a possibility. She may have, in fact, simply used it to wrap clothes in, although I really wonder about that, since that would be likely source of DNA. Those details may be made public later, but possibly not until after the prosecution of the case.
BBM

I think this is the most likely reason because if I've interpreted Hillyaw's statements on NG correctly, it was the top sheet that was missing. If she had taken a sheet for the DNA, I think it would be the fitted sheet.
MOO

BBM

I think this is the most likely reason because if I've interpreted Hillyaw's statements on NG correctly, it was the top sheet that was missing. If she had taken a sheet for the DNA, I think it would be the fitted sheet.
MOO
I thought it was the fitted sheet? now i will go hunt for it. I think the sheet is important IMO

BBM

MOO
Agreed. Now that you mention it, I think in that interview he mentioned the fitted sheet as what was left on the bed. So it would seem most likely that the top sheet was simply used as a means of makeshift luggage.

Missing TN teen found in Madison, FBI thanks Dane Co. Sheriff’s Office and Madison Police Department
The FBI thanked the Dane County Sheriff’s Office, Madison Police Department and Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation for their help in finding her.

The girl was last seen before she went to bed between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.

The sheriff in Monroe County, Tennessee — Tommy Jones — said she has family in Wisconsin, but he does not believe she was related to the people with whom she was found.

“She is safe. She is in custody so that’s a very good ending to this as far as we’re concerned,” Jones said. “She’s had shelter, she’s been eating and, according to the information that we got back, she’s doing fine.”

“We don’t believe at this time he has any connection to her running away or missing,” Sheriff Jones said.

The rape charge – is part of the same case, but carries different charges, Sheriff Jones clarified. Officials could not comment on the date of the alleged rape crime.

"The rape charge – is part of the same case, but carries different charges, Sheriff Jones clarified. Officials could not comment on the date of the alleged rape crime."

What do you think that means?

I think someone needs proof of identity to pick up things like that and also probably be 18 yrs old or older. I think that she was able to get a friend to get her to the Welcome Center in KY and from there let who ever was coming to get her from Wisconsin know where she was and just waited to be picked up.

I think it’s likely she took her sheet because RPs dna was on there and she knew it was her evidence/proof. Smart little cookie. She got herself away and safe and then maybe got a hold of authorities herself, explained to them her story, gave them the sheet (maybe under garments) to them for testing. So they enter the household in TN and I’m sure they very easily got hid DNA from there without him knowing that’s what they were actually ISO. I think the authorities have probably had her safe and sound for a while and I’m sure with all those LE around the TN farm, he didn’t dare do anything to the other girls. They might have just been waiting on the dna comparison to come back to charge him. I have another theory as well. But I’ll save it. This is just my ramblings of possible scenarios. If this is not permitted just let me know.

The bottom sheet being missing makes me rethink the Watts case. Moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz