Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a possibility that SP didn't take the sheets with her? That once someone in the house realized she was missing, they took them and discarded/destroyed them because they knew they contained evidence LE would find when they called in her disappearance?

Agree regarding 4.30 AM is an odd time to check on a 14 year old... except it was the time the monster used to allegedly attack her. Aaaah, I’m nauseated of just type that.
So relieved it’s over, RP will rot n jail, and S and her siblings hopefully stand a chance in life now.
It's possible, but may be unlikely. Does anyone find it odd that parents check on a healthy 14 year old at 4:30AM? That's early to get up even on a farm. If the Mom helped her, wouldn't she give her as much time as possible for a headstart to escape? Like put pillows under the covers and tell the husband she is sleeping?

I checked Amtrak and they have similar restrictions to Greyhound. But a local adult can put a 14 year old unaccompanied on these types of transportation. The Mom might have gotten a friend to help in that way, by claiming SP was some other child, have another Mom use some other child's birth certificate and sign for the ticketing.

If SP were my relative (niece, granddaughter), I would have driven to TN and picked her up, driven her back to WI.

Last edited:
Is it possibility, after learning the nature of the charges, that SP didn't take the sheets with her? That once someone in the house realized she was missing, they took them and discarded/destroyed them because they knew they contained evidence LE would find when they called in her disappearance?
I was thinking this as well - her bed was made on the video - RP could have easily taken that fitted sheet after the assault IMO. We don't know many details yet.

Is it possibility, after learning the nature of the charges, that SP didn't take the sheets with her? That once someone in the house realized she was missing, they took them and discarded/destroyed them because they knew they contained evidence LE would find when they called in her disappearance?
That surely is possible, but I don't think LE would arrest someone solely on the report of a child (sister). I would think they would have to have some sort of lab type evidence. And, if I am reading MSM correctly, he was arrested before LE said they had found her in Wisconsin. What was their evidence to do that?

I was thinking this as well - her bed was made on the video - RP could have easily taken that fitted sheet after the assault IMO. We don't know many details yet.

When I saw that the bed was made, and read their comments that the room hadn't been disturbed, I went to the conclusion that she never slept in the bed that night, but got ready to leave as soon as she went to her room.

That surely is possible, but I don't think LE would arrest someone solely on the report of a child (sister). I would think they would have to have some sort of lab type evidence. And, if I am reading MSM correctly, he was arrested before LE said they had found her in Wisconsin. What was their evidence to do that?
We do know they came to the house and collected DNA - her hair brush. I would guess that they would have collected everybody's DNA - maybe under the pretext of trying to find foreign DNA, but in reality to also get his.
We don't know for sure what led to this, but it seems fairly certain at this point that by then they already suspected (or were told), so needed DNA for testing...

When I saw that the bed was made, and read their comments that the room hadn't been disturbed, I went to the conclusion that she never slept in the bed that night, but got ready to leave as soon as she went to her room.
and we only have the family's word that she was even there on the 13th IIRC. No one else has said they saw her so we don't even know for sure when she went missing although now I am thinking LE is interviewing everyone close to her to firm up the timeline IMO.

I'm wondering if the sheets were eventually turned over to LE by another person in the house.<modsnipped>

and we only have the family's word that she was even there on the 13th IIRC. No one else has said they saw her so we don't even know for sure when she went missing although now I am thinking LE is interviewing everyone close to her to firm up the timeline IMO.
Yes, and at this point they can get a better timeline from SP herself.

I think someone needs proof of identity to pick up things like that and also probably be 18 yrs old or older. I think that she was able to get a friend to get her to the Welcome Center in KY and from there let who ever was coming to get her from Wisconsin know where she was and just waited to be picked up.

I think it’s likely she took her sheet because RPs dna was on there and she knew it was her evidence/proof. Smart little cookie. She got herself away and safe and then maybe got a hold of authorities herself, explained to them her story, gave them the sheet (maybe under garments) to them for testing. So they enter the household in TN and I’m sure they very easily got hid DNA from there without him knowing that’s what they were actually ISO. I think the authorities have probably had her safe and sound for a while and I’m sure with all those LE around the TN farm, he didn’t dare do anything to the other girls. They might have just been waiting on the dna comparison to come back to charge him. I have another theory as well. But I’ll save it. This is just my ramblings of possible scenarios. If this is not permitted just let me know.
I’m so proud of her, but no 14 year old should have to deal with things like this. :(

She is safe, she is in custody so that's a very good ending to this," Monroe County Sheriff Tommy Jones told WATE. "She's doing fine."
BBM and snipped
Missing teen with Gwinnett County ties found safe; Stepfather arrested

FBI agents in Wisconsin found the girl around 9 p.m. Thursday, according to a tweet from the FBI's Knoxville division.

SP is Safe! FBI Agents in Wisconsin located her at approximately 9:00 p.m. Excellent teamwork by @MonroeTNSheriff , @TBInvestigation throughout. Thanks to our community for the support. pic.twitter.com/Hy6swCJNNp

— FBI Knoxville (@FBIKnoxville) February 1, 2019

Interesting FBI used twitter to announce this. Curious about the choice of words - "custody" - she wasn't taken to a hospital? Maybe they just are not releasing any information until the rest of the arrests are made? JMO
ETA initials

Last edited:
Curious about the choice of words - "custody" - she wasn't taken to a hospital? Maybe they just are not releasing any information until the rest of the arrests are made? JMO

She's a minor, and an alleged sexual assault victim, and where/how she is isn't any of our business. In custody, in this situation, is generally a catchall phrase to mean she's safe and in appropriate care and the rest is 'noneya' (as my 13yo likes to say, 'noneya bidness!'). She may very well have been evaluated at a hospital. But that's not something they should release. She's in LE custody, that's all we need to know.

FBI Milwaukee tweeted this approx one hour ago. Unreal. SP was in Madison (about an hour from me!). Hope she finds a safe place upon her return “home’, wherever that may be. (Thinking that KY farm isn’t going to be it.)

Edit: to place initials in Twitter message

#FBI thanks all of our partners at Dane County SO, Madison PD and Wisconsin DCI for their assistance in locating missing Tennessee teenager SP at 8:00 pm on 1/31/19 in Madison, WI. We're assisting the Monroe County TN Sheriff's Office, investigation ongoing.

Last edited:
I knew she was going to be found safe and there was something shady going on at home. I felt like she was reaching out to someone to help her get out of her situation. It's amazing how resourceful these kids are. So very happy to see this reported this morning.

She is safe, she is in custody so that's a very good ending to this," Monroe County Sheriff Tommy Jones told WATE. "She's doing fine."
BBM and snipped
Missing teen with Gwinnett County ties found safe; Stepfather arrested

FBI agents in Wisconsin found the girl around 9 p.m. Thursday, according to a tweet from the FBI's Knoxville division.

SLP is Safe! FBI Agents in Wisconsin located her at approximately 9:00 p.m. Excellent teamwork by @MonroeTNSheriff , @TBInvestigation throughout. Thanks to our community for the support. pic.twitter.com/Hy6swCJNNp

— FBI Knoxville (@FBIKnoxville) February 1, 2019

Interesting FBI used twitter to announce this. Curious about the choice of words - "custody" - she wasn't taken to a hospital? Maybe they just are not releasing any information until the rest of the arrests are made? JMO
(changed her name to initials out of respect)
It is also interesting that they say that she was located at 9pm, over 6 hours after the arrest. Makes me think that "FBI tip" may well have come in as a result of the arrest. OTOH, it could be that this tweet was carefully worded, and that there had been prior contact with FBI which helped lead to the arrest. But it doesn't appear like it on the surface, according to the tweet.

(changed her name to initials out of respect)
It is also interesting that they say that she was located at 9pm, over 6 hours after the arrest. Makes me think that "FBI tip" may well have come in as a result of the arrest. OTOH, it could be that this tweet was carefully worded, and that there had been prior contact with FBI which helped lead to the arrest. But it doesn't appear like it on the surface, according to the tweet.
and another article said 8pm. so glad she found safe harbor with the WI people JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz