Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, we don't yet know if the mother is a suspect. If and when she becomes one, yes, throw the book at her. But she MAY be a victim also. Early on, I threw both parents under the bus in a hastily thought through comment, not realizing how critical TOS are to the integrity of the entire website, not just this thread. Let's not be too hasty.

It’s too early to say if CP had knowledge or involvement in SP’s abuse. I hope not. I do know that the current legal system is very stacked against spouses that bring up the claim of child sexual abuse against their spouse, especially if separation or divorce is on table.
It is also very difficult to pursue charges against a parent without physical proof. Predators like RP groom their victims for years and it it most likely escalated slowly over time. Claims may have been made but not proven.
In a situation like that separation/divorce can lead to father having 50 percent or more custody of the victim.
So far it looks like SP waited for the perfect opportunity to set the wheels of true justice in motion. She’s a smart and brave girl.

They simply removed the Tweets, as they can’t be edited.

In the future, they will mention only the suspect’s name.

The news articles haven’t gone anywhere, and most have been edited to remove her name, like this one:
Madisonville teen who went missing Jan. 13 found safe

This is this outlet’s new disclaimer:

The news of the 14-year-old being the victim of the alleged rape has changed the circumstances of how WATE 6 On Your Side may report this story.

WATE 6 On Your Side is not naming the victim of the alleged rape, per policy.

That's great! I'm so glad they're protecting this determined survivor by scrubbing the name. All of the best to this brave, contagious child!!!

It was stated she had 'no relationship' to the people in the home where she sought refuge.

Could it be a trusted network of people who assist children in escaping? I don't know if any such organizations exist. I'm aware of some who assist battered persons. God bless her for her courage and for the family who helped her!

I just finished reading the gazillion words of love and joy for SP. And, my take on this from the beginning was that someone, and I thought an older woman from the beginning, got a call from SP that evening and told her she would be picked up. This has all the earmarks of a rescue org. SP was told what to bring with her. I believe she was then taken up to Kentucky by private car, passed off to another person and on to a safe house in Wisconsin. I bet when this all comes out, that she has been in the care of a group that does this kind of work. I wouldn't be surprised if LE has known of her safety most of this time and was figuring out how to pull together real evidence to arrest RP.
I also wouldn't be surprised if this org. wasn't alerted by SP's mother. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an enormous amount of fear and intimidation controlling that house hold and to keep everyone safe LE finally was able to arrest RP away from the family.
But, most of all we are all strengthened when we see such evidence of answered prayers.

Maybe he threatened violence in the past and LE had to make certain he was away from the family so they set up the PING info to lure him? Don’t know but glad they have his as* locked up! God fearing hypocrite that he is!

Brandon Bates (@BrandonBatesTV) on Twitter

Where did all the tweets go about this case? I would think I imagined them but I took a screenshot to share that she was found. I just checked and they are gone.
I didn't grab the screen shots but prior to SP being located, I did post all the breaking news tweets (in PST zone) by News10/WBIR. I don't recall if tweets named SP, but I see they've since been mod snipped below.

Brandon Bates‏ @BrandonBatesTV
Currently sitting in the Monroe County Sheriff’s office waiting for details in the SP case.

3:47 PM - 31 Jan 2019

Authorities make an arrest in case of missing 14-year-old girl in Monroe County. We don’t know if SLP is safe or not. On my way to Monroe County now.

3:17 PM - 31 Jan 2019

FBI and TBI confirm they are still actively looking for SP in Monroe County.

4:54 PM - 31 Jan 2019

SP’s father -- Randall Lee Pruitt -- was reported to have been arrested today around 2:33 p.m. It is unknown at this moment if his arrest is related to this case.

DySAV3xW0AA8Jph.jpg

4:56 PM - 31 Jan 2019

ETA: TAKE NOTE THAT I AM POSTING REPORTERS TWITTER LIVE, FROM PACIFC STANDARD TIME ZONE, HENCE THE 4:56PM PST TIME STAMP ON TWEET.

THE ACTUAL TWEET IS FROM KNOXVILLE, TN AT
7:56 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST).

REGARDING THE QUESTION ABOUT SP'S FACEBOOK PHOTO PAGE FRIEND ADDS, I BELIEVE THE SAME APPLIES TO THE TIME STAMP. DEPENDING ON YOUR TIME ZONE, YOU MUST ADJUST FOR EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST). ASSUMING SP WAS IN FACT IN EASTERN TIME ZONE OR TN WHEN SHE WAS ON HER FB PAGE.

Probably their policy due to SP being a minor who is alleged to be a victim of SA.

So instead of initials they just aren't going to report on it? Wow. I was hoping we would know the outcome. I guess not if they can't even leave up the arrest or found safe.
During the presser, Investigator said they would not make any reference to SP due to the ongoing investigation. I'm sure they are working up additional charges, as well as protecting her identity as a minor.

That's great! I'm so glad they're protecting this determined survivor by scrubbing the name. All of the best to this brave, contagious child!!!

I am kidding with you and I hope SP (Brave!) is not contagious! I know you meant courageous! I need to be sarcastic once in a great while. :) Then again, with all of these outbreaks (Flu, Polio Like, Measles!) I hope she didn't catch a cold up there in WI! 50 below in some places. -45.6 Celcius! My heavens, that's cold!

Enough with diversions.

I am so thankful to all the courageous people that helped this brave, young woman, find a way to escape the horror.

From LE, who had us stumped with 'Missing, Not Endangered.' Very little info in regards to the 'real' timeline. Slowly, more was 'leaked', and then confirmed. Now we see it was all there, the clues to the reality.

IMO the details, if ever revealed, would allow SP to write a Best Seller. Not that she ever needs to.

Who knows, SP and JC, will be the heroes these generations really need. All imo jmo mho and I am just so thrilled that both of these young girls (Women really) found the strength within. They tapped the bravery that we are all capable of. They will have the love of our world to help them heal. That's my wish on 2/1/2019. Be safe all!

I am kidding with you and I hope SP (Brave!) is not contagious! I know you meant courageous! I need to be sarcastic once in a great while. :) Then again, with all of these outbreaks (Flu, Polio Like, Measles!) I hope she didn't catch a cold up there in WI! 50 below in some places. -45.6 Celcius! My heavens, that's cold!

Enough with diversions.

I am so thankful to all the courageous people that helped this brave, young woman, find a way to escape the horror.

From LE, who had us stumped with 'Missing, Not Endangered.' Very little info in regards to the 'real' timeline. Slowly, more was 'leaked', and then confirmed. Now we see it was all there, the clues to the reality.

IMO the details, if ever revealed, would allow SP to write a Best Seller. Not that she ever needs to.

Who knows, SP and JC, will be the heroes these generations really need. All imo jmo mho and I am just so thrilled that both of these young girls (Women really) found the strength within. They tapped the bravery that we are all capable of. They will have the love of our world to help them heal. That's my wish on 2/1/2019. Be safe all!
Wish I could like this twice.

I wonder if electronic data contributed to his arrest. I hate to think of evidence that could have been on a home computer or RP's cell phone.
JMO, MOO, etc

Hmmm. I hope they find (or found) nothing. We know LE had the laptop (New details emerge in search for missing Monroe County teen "Her laptop has since been returned to its place in her bedroom following an analysis by investigators. Her calendar had plans for the following weekend, before her disappearance that Sunday night") and that it was returned to the family. That sounded like a 'community' device, where everyone could login to FB. They might have mentioned other devices, but I do not recall them doing so.

IMO I cannot imagine the fear SP endured to make all of this happen. However she communicated, whatever tools she employed, she was victorious against the evil in her adopted father's being. Saving herself, and likely others. I truly hope RP never breathes the air outside of a cell, from this day forward. Sorry if this is insensitive, I'm so angry that this happens to our children. I promise to soften up in future opinions :)

Last edited:

Yes, yes, yes, and YES... "They will have the LOVE of our world to help them heal!!!" Such a beautiful wish Jim_M... it's definitely mine too, and I'm sure, many millions of other folks. :)

And, may all this LOVE, COURAGE, BRAVERY and STRENGTH be contagious, lol... in this instance, a world wide epidemic would be quite welcome.

XOXOXOXOXOXO to SP and JC, along with many other beloved survivors both known and unknown... every one of y'all and your incredible will to survive and conquer unimaginable circumstances, are in my thoughts and in my heart forever. <3 <3 <3

When I heard about the missing sheet, the first word that popped into my head was “evidence.” Then, I chided myself for being so jaded, and thought, “maybe she’s cold.” Sigh. The strength this child has shown after what likely had to have been call to a rape crisis hotline. Many blessings to her as she heals, moves forward and claims her future. Thank you to whomever assisted her in her journey to safety.

Missing Tennessee teen found safe in Wisconsin

MADISONVILLE, Tenn. (WKYT) - Deputies in Tennessee say, SP, 14, was found safe at a home in Wisconsin. The teen has been missing for weeks and may have been in Kentucky.

Gray affiliate WVLT reports SP left home because of what investigators call a family situation.

SP was still in Wisconsin as of Thursday night, according to WVLT. Authorities did not know how she got there and didn't reveal what her relationship was to the homeowner.

WVLT reports the Monroe County Sheriff's Office announced an arrest related to the case Thursday.

Monroe County jail records show SP's adoptive father Randall Lee Pruitt was arrested around 2:30 p.m. Deputies didn't say whether the arrest is connected to SP's disappearance.

State and federal investigators are also involved in the case.

SP was last seen at her home in Madisonville Jan. 13.

She may have traveled to Whitley County, Kentucky as her cellphone pinged near the Interstate 75 welcome center Jan. 15. SP's phone has not been active since then.

Deputies say SP has no special needs or any health issues.

BBM

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I will never catch up with notifications so if someone responded and I have not responded that is why. I laid down last night to watch TV when he had been arrested but she had not been found.

My first thoughts like many went to if he was guilty of rape then he killed her too and they were trying to find out from him where she was.

By the time I left the computer and laid down, the thought popped right into my head that she had been helping them and they had her and/or had contact with her. Could be wrong, she may have come out of hiding when hearing he was arrested but either way, I went to bed with hope.

Got up, saw the news and SO HAPPY.

It has taken me a couple of hours again to catch up this morning and that gives time for the thoughts to clear.

I HOPE the bedsheet was taken as proof and this is not a he said/she said. I suspect they have enough or more to hold him and some evidence. It does make sense that she took it for such a reason.

I have thoughts of what may have occurred before this move and what spurred it but it is total speculation so I won't go into it.

Never liked him. I was a bit put off by both parents but I will keep my mind open on the mother--for now.

The more arrests/more people bothers me. If it was just possibly another arrest or two, it would not but it sounds like a bit more than that. I hope she did not jump out of one fire into another. Or worse, that it was on stepdad end of things.

Imo, unless he came into her life later, her bio dad let her go if this man was able to adopt her. That does not mean he may not have maintained contact but generally a caring father will fight an adoption by a stepfather. Jmo.

IF good people were helping, just in thinking what I would do--let's say she tried to tell before and she got shut down, or he got away with it, or she was called a liar by family members or no proof, and then moved, if I were her family in WI who wanted to help (if that is the case, we have no idea I realize), I would get her up there and then I would place her somewhere with someone else willing to help and I would go straight to the authorities and say I do not want to break the law, but I cannot give her up until we know she will not have to go back to him...? You have to help us... Just a thought but a heartwarming one I think.

Another GOOD ending. I am starting to learn or believe they knew more than we do (LE, etc.) and are at times working behind the scenes. So HAPPY she is safe and waking up to find that. The entire day yesterday smacked to me of the Jayme Closs case. There was an arrest, no there wasn't in this case. In J's, she was found, no she wasn't. And other things that day.... It allowed me to keep a bit of hope yesterday...

Whatever the facts turn out to be, she is ALIVE AND SAFE.

Just my longwinded 2c worth on seeing the news and catching up with all of the posts or most of them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic