Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It was prior criminal history. The video in the link above your post. Here it is on YouTube.

I'm a little behind. Did anyone watch the video in this article?

RP has criminal history in Monroe County, Jefferson County, Cocke County and Greene County for charges including rape, filing false report, failure to appear, domestic assault, possession of a handgun. Arrests go back to 2001.

The rape took place in their current home. The pictures and video were found in emails on the phone.

I'm not even sure I got everything...
clip_image001.png

Thank you MsFacetious and PommyMommy,

This case infuriates me as I am sure it does everyone.

As PommyMommy pointed out RP has a rather long list of pretty awful crimes.

Let's face it, the idea that SP's mother, RP's wife, did not know about her husband's arrest record is very unlikely.

The first thing I want to do when I hear about his past crimes is I want to bring the mother out to the town square and flog her without mercy.

How could she marry this monster and expose her kids to this danger right?

These are rhetorical questions and if we continually ask them, if we continually trash the mother then we won't get far in discussing the topic.

This is a discussion about SP and her adoptive father and the crimes that recently took place. Not about her bio mom. Maybe if she is charged then we can discuss her in detail.

Please do not turn this thread into only bashing of SP's mom

Can we all agree that there is a good chance she knew about his crimes and went ahead and married him anyway? Therefore she put her kids in horrible danger and should be charged? We can all agree on that right?

So let's not turn this into dissertation after dissertation about what kind of mother would do this.

I'm not saying you can't mention it but let's not make this the whole discussion. If it turns out all you do is tear mom apart then the thread will be shut down for good.

Remember, the topic is SP, RP, and the crime that took place.

Thank you,

Tricia

I am so glad she’s safe. I am curious about a few things. How did she end up in Wisconsin? Do we know she got someone to take her to Wisconsin or was she taken to Wisconsin for other reasons? They were asking stepdad where she was. If they knew where she was why were they trying to get it from him (except for a confession)? In other words, if her phones pinged in KY (with her) and she wasn’t found yet, then how was the video found on her phone? I get that maybe she emailed the videos to someone to get help, but I don’t get why they were asking him where she was if they knew she had sent the video to get help, thereby coordinating her own escape. Also, didn’t they have to know where she was to have access to these phones? Maybe, I misread and the phones weren’t with her? Do we know that she sent the email? Or did someone access her account and send the email? I’m going somewhere with this while trying to be sensitive about what SP has been through. This would also make sense in regards to more people being charged. Also, was it determined that RP was arrested in KY? If so, was he taking the same track as SP? SN: I have deleted and rewritten this numerous times, so it may not make sense now.

Affidavit: Tennessee teen recorded adoptive father's sexual assault

I am so glad she’s safe. I am curious about a few things. How did she end up in Wisconsin? Do we know she got someone to take her to Wisconsin or was she taken to Wisconsin for other reasons? They were asking stepdad where she was. If they knew where she was why were they trying to get it from him (except for a confession)? In other words, if her phones pinged in KY (with her) and she wasn’t found yet, then how was the video found on her phone? I get that maybe she emailed the videos to someone to get help, but I don’t get why they were asking him where she was if they knew she had sent the video to get help, thereby coordinating her own escape. Also, didn’t they have to know where she was to have access to these phones? Maybe, I misread and the phones weren’t with her? Do we know that she sent the email? Or did someone access her account and send the email? I’m going somewhere with this while trying to be sensitive about what SP has been through. This would also make sense in regards to more people being charged. Also, was it determined that RP was arrested in KY? If so, was he taking the same track as SP? SN: I have deleted and rewritten this numerous times, so it may not make sense now.

I genuinely don’t believe that her parents had any idea where she was, although I’m sure that law enforcement was not convinced that was the case.

We don’t know how she made it to Wisconsin, or the circumstances surrounding that.

As to the video and photos that were recovered; law enforcement subpoenaed Google, and recovered them from an email that she had sent someone.

It is my suspicion that the person she emailed, was the person who transported her.

This is a guess though.

I wonder how many young people out there who are being abused themselves are hearing SP’s story and are inspired to take action/reach out for help in their own lives as a result.

Enough can not be said about what a smart, brave hero SP is.

Last edited:
Me too. And I wonder if it influenced divorce proceedings in 2015. He filed. But she could have been angry, confused, confrontational... He prob told her it was all a lie in another award winning performance & filed just to be extra convincing of his innocence. Guessing- who knows. All I know for sure is that criminal penalties for sex crimes need to be increased by huge percentages if we ever hope to stop seeing this crap in the news EVERY DAY.
He’s a manipulator. He filed for divorce to get his way - in some matter, to show them what life would be like for a few months without his paycheck. I’m speculating....
I believe his PLEAS on News were intended to manipulate SP - his pained expression, his hurt, all the sweet words ... because that’s how he groomed her ... but it didn’t work this time.
He “loved” her but not as a father loves his child.
I also believe he NEVER expected SP to have the intelligence or the courage to go against him. I’m so thankful that she did...
Did her mother know? It explains the anger I noted in her interviews.

This is probably why LE wasn’t going out of their why to publicly clear anyone. As I mentioned before this all went down, usually we hear something about this when the family is cleared/has taken their polygraphs, as one of the first things LE wants to do is remove public suspicion on the family if they have been cleared.

I wonder what the polygraph results were. I imagine they were conducted early on as a matter of Standard Procedure.

I think everyone did really well bouncing different ideas off each other while trying to stay within TOS, but it was apparent at the time that pieces just weren’t fitting. I especially like the way @MassGuy would jump in and say “Nope!” (paraphrasing) “a homeless man in the woods wouldn’t account for the ping in Kentucky” or “nope, he wouldn’t take the phones to blaze a red herring bc a predator would want in and out fast”, etc, etc.

In other words, it was obvious many theories just weren’t flying. Boy were we trying though. I think everyone did really well staying within TOS despite the obvious elephant vibes in the room, moo.

Last edited:
This is probably why LE wasn’t going out of their why to publicly clear anyone. As I mentioned before this all went down, usually we hear something about this when the family is cleared/has taken their polygraphs as one of the first things LE wants to do is remove public suspicion on the family if they have been cleared.

I wonder what the polygraph results were. I imagine they were conducted early on as a matter of Standard Procedure.

I think everyone did really well bouncing different ideas off each other while trying to stay within TOS, but it was apparent at the time that pieces just weren’t fitting. I especially like the way @MassGuy would jump in and say (paraphrasing) “nope, a homeless man in the woods wouldn’t account for the ping in Kentucky” or “nope, he wouldn’t take the phones to blaze a red herring bc a random predator would want in and out fast”, etc, etc.

In other words, it was obvious many theories just weren’t flying. Boy were we trying though. I think everyone did really well staying within TOS despite the elephant vibes in the room, moo.
Yeah, but I was dead wrong about foul play, thank God.

I was absolutely convinced that SP was dead, and that dad had done it.

What I couldn’t figure out, was that phone ping in Kentucky, which simply didn’t fit into my scenario (timing wise); for good reason.

I should have listened to you optimists.

Yeah, but I was dead wrong about foul play, thank God.

I was absolutely convinced that SP was dead, and that dad had done it.

What I couldn’t figure out, was that phone ping in Kentucky, which simply didn’t fit into my scenario (timing wise); for good reason.

I should have listened to you optimists.

I was right there with you as soon as we heard “rape charges” and “still looking for SP”. In other words, this was not a leap conclusion to have come to. Usually when there’s an arrest and no sign of the missing there is no happy ending. I was surprised actually at how so many people did retain that optimism. Assuming she was deceased was by no means a leap, imo.

Last edited:
I was right there with you as soon as we heard “rape charges” and “still looking for SP”. In other words, this was not a leap conclusion, usually when there’s an arrest an no body there is no happy ending. I was surprised actually at how so many people did retain that optimism. Assuming she was deceased was by no means a leap.

Make that three. As soon as I heard of RP’s arrest, I figured LE was looking for a body. Very happy to be wrong.

SP only stayed in the home 17 days, before she left!
"According to her adoptive father, the family had just moved back to the area on Dec. 27."
Sheriff: Missing teen found safe in Wisconsin, adoptive father arrested
It does not sound like she will be returning home to mom just yet.
"The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says the next step is figuring out how they will bring SP back to Madisonville, and who she'll stay with once she returns.
ETA: When did her district go back to school?
Jan 7th?
So she stayed home 1 WEEK (homeschooled) without her siblings in the house with her?
Moo

The timing was pretty quick. I'm curious who was actually homeschooling her or if she was essentially homeschooling herself. Did mom work outside of the home? What was RP's trucking schedule? I hope this wasn't some weird scheme by RP to be able to take her on the road with him since homeschooling would allow a greater deal of flexibility.

I'm wondering if her sisters going back to school somehow set this all in motion. For every good reason SP would have with her sisters not being home or being in bed earlier when it came to planning her escape and actually getting out of the house without being caught, there's an equally horrendous reason why it could have really sped up the need to get out ASAP.

Just caught up and picked my jaw back up off the floor . . . So he has a past, Felony charges and specifically, rape. That leads me to wonder how active JP might have been “on the road”. IF there are any other victims, I hope that the media coverage flushes them out.

Another thought is how often abusers like to record their acts and victims, again Diana Alvarez’ case comes to mind.

I wonder if this is where the other charges might come into play.

I wonder if because the victim was his own “daughter” if this would make him any less likely to produce *advertiser censored* for sharing purposes?

ETA: if it turns out that this does come into play, I would like to mark this resource thread I recently started while researching another case:

Child *advertiser censored* Resources and Information

Just caught up and picked my jaw back up off the floor . . . So he has a past, Felony charges and specifically, rape. That leads me to wonder how active JP might have been “on the road”. IF there are any other victims, I hope that the media coverage flushes them out.

Good point.

Does his company “Pruitt Trucking” iirc from the emblem on his truck have any online information as to loads, routes, dates, etc?

Oh no, I hadn’t even thought of that! You are correct, there is a possibility of other victims along his route.

Another thought is how often abusers like to record their acts and victims, again Diana Alvarez’ case comes to mind.

I wonder if because the victim was his own “daughter” if this would make him any less likely to produce *advertiser censored* for sharing purposes?
Sickos do that, but generally, their children are much younger.

Its impossible to know at this point, but my feeling is that she took the videos to nail him.

Sickos do that, but generally, their children are much younger.

So they share *advertiser censored* like that, but normally it doesn’t include victims as old as she was.

Its impossible to know at this point, but my feeling is that she took the videos to nail him.

Oh indeed, the above msm indicates at this point it was her who took the video(s) that led to his charges, I was referring to additional possible photos/recordings on his end.

Re: the victims usually being younger, we don’t know how long this has been occurring.

Oh indeed, the above msm indicates at this point it was her who took the video(s) that led to his charges, I was referring to additional possible recordings on his end.

Re: the victims usually being younger, we do t know how long this has been occurring.

ETA: if it turns out that this does come into play, I would like to mark this resource thread I recently started while researching another case:

Child *advertiser censored* Resources and Information

My imagination has really run with this. Could the “possible further arrests” be individuals who have received child *advertiser censored* from RP? Could LE be investigating a ring and expect arrests from that? This wouldn’t surprise me at all. But for now, it is JMO.

My imagination has really run with this. Could the “possible further arrests” be individuals who have received child *advertiser censored* from RP? Could LE be investigating a ring and expect arrests from that? This wouldn’t surprise me at all. But for now, it is JMO.

That’s what I’m wondering.

Possibly. These potential arrests could also be in relation to her disappearance.

We don’t know for sure that a white knight (type) rode in and saved her.

She could have gone from one terrible situation to another.

A lot of unanswered questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member