Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if any charges can be laid against SP's mother.
Besides being told by SP, I wonder if she knew of these act, so her husband would be happy.:(
CP needed her man, I would think, no matter what sort of slime ball he was.
MOO.

Yes, absolutely charges can be laid against the mother.

There is an terrible occurrence when a paedophile "meets" a single Mom, moves in - all motivated because she has children he can prey upon.

It is terrible but it happens and sometimes the mother realizes what is going on and "chooses the man over her very own child. It is unfathomable but it happens and when it is discovered that the mother had knowledge, the mother is charged.

Last edited:
Oh, zen. :(

I have learned and am still learning a lot from SP’s “case”.

Dear margarita25,

How I wish this suffering didn't go on in children's lives (and adults' lives) so that we didn't have to learn about it. I know we all wish this.

I don't know whether that is how this young girl felt or thought. All I can do is use my compassion as to how I would feel or think under the circumstances.

Again, I believe she is alive against a heck of a lot of odds! Thank God.

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
I’m not sure what this guy’s motive might be. I read he met SP while gaming online, she told him what was happening at home. He encouraged her to take video for proof and mail to him. This is why he’s in serious trouble.
BUT, with all of RP’s supporters - I’m fairly certain that if there was NO video, there would have been NO arrest ... so I’m very thankful to this man for doing “something” to help SP.
I’m hoping as a gamer he simply wanted to be a Hero. If he had bad intentions, I’m still thankful but I think he should be punished.
Time will tell. MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't the mother state she had no idea that it was going on?
Yes, that was a lie it seems.

"WATE 6 On Your Side spoke with the mother of the 14-year-old girl, who says she had no idea about any of it and is focusing on coping, her three other children, and getting to see her 14-year-old daughter again after learning everything from authorities."

Adoptive father of missing teen arrested, charged with rape

They got her on video saying that though don't they?

Moo
She still has other kids?

Madison man charged with sexual exploitation of Tennessee girl, missing since Jan. 14

Assistant U.S. Attorney Julie Pfluger said Monday at a brief court appearance for Rogers that prosecutors would seek an indictment against Rogers when the grand jury next meets on Feb. 20. She said it would also include a charge of taking a minor across state lines for sexual purposes.

Rogers will be back in court on Thursday for a hearing before U.S. Magistrate Judge Stephen Crocker to determine whether he will remain in custody while charges are pending.

Rogers met the girl online through Roblox, an internet gaming platform, and also used Facebook and an encrypted messenger application to communicate with her. At one point, Rogers told investigators, the girl told him that she was being sexually abused but that nobody believed her.

In a chat between the two that police found on Rogers' phone, the girl at one point told Rogers that she couldn't promise that she would get the video evidence for him.

"Then I can't promise I can get you away from that I hate to say it but I can't risk getting in trouble for you," Rogers responded. "If you can get that video I can get you out of there."

For me this comes down to the same thing that it came down to in the Watts case. He should have called LE. Right away.

His electronic footprint I feel will reveal exactly what his intentions were. Like I said, did he do a single google search on how to report a crime or help someone that’s being abused? The potential of the “video not standing up in court” sounds like BS. Moo.

For clarification could someone tell me:
1) Did SP make just one phone call to FBI?
2) Was it a couple weeks after her abduction?
3) Was it that phone call that led police to arrest her Stepfather?
4) Was it that phone call that led LE/FBI to home of Bryan Rogers?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Madison man charged with sexual exploitation of Tennessee girl, missing since Jan. 14

Assistant U.S. Attorney Julie Pfluger said Monday at a brief court appearance for Rogers that prosecutors would seek an indictment against Rogers when the grand jury next meets on Feb. 20. She said it would also include a charge of taking a minor across state lines for sexual purposes.

Rogers will be back in court on Thursday for a hearing before U.S. Magistrate Judge Stephen Crocker to determine whether he will remain in custody while charges are pending.

Rogers met the girl online through Roblox, an internet gaming platform, and also used Facebook and an encrypted messenger application to communicate with her. At one point, Rogers told investigators, the girl told him that she was being sexually abused but that nobody believed her.

In a chat between the two that police found on Rogers' phone, the girl at one point told Rogers that she couldn't promise that she would get the video evidence for him.

"Then I can't promise I can get you away from that I hate to say it but I can't risk getting in trouble for you," Rogers responded. "If you can get that video I can get you out of there."

From above:

“And an encrypted messenger application”...

Which one?

Why are officials releasing all of this? Way too much TMI has been put out in this case.

For clarification could someone tell me:
1) Did SP make just one phone call to FBI?
2) Was it a couple weeks after her abduction?
3) Was it that phone call that lead police to arrest her Stepfather?
4) Was it that phone call that led LE/FBI to home of Bryan Rogers?
Thanks in advance.

These are all great questions. Unfortunately we don't have the answers. That has been changing by the minute so stay tuned

From above:

“Then I can't promise I can get you away from that I hate to say it but I can't risk getting in trouble for you," Rogers responded. "If you can get that video I can get you out of there."“

So he got the video...THEN what did he do?? Yeah, he got her out of there like he said he would but THEN WHAT did he do? It seems we know what he didn’t do, which was call LE.

What a manipulator - the last paragraph speaks volumes IMO - he wanted her to have to through that horror again and have it on video

I'm trying to catch up and make dinner at the same time. Won't happen until tomorrow, I'm afraid.

I find myself mentally screaming when I come here now, and see 'Found Safe'.

No! Not safe. This sweet girl was so, so not safe. It's tearing me up. So far from safe when found. :(

(Not a knock to the thread title, of course. Just my own weird reaction.)

I hope she is safe, forevermore.

“I think his intentions to help her were 100% pure of heart.”

Very Strongly respectfully disagree.

I have to admit that IMO, there was a disconnect between LE announcing the Abduction arrest, and following that up with the sexual assault charge. The abduction charge did have me thinking, hmmm, could this guy have helped SP get out of her horror?

You pros have seen many more of these cases. You know what's coming. And that you are still as shocked as all the rest of us, is a pure sign of our shared humanity. Thank you for sitting on your hands, when needed :) :)

ETA: Now that this is a Criminal Investigation, the Sheriff’s Office would be, “unable to answer any questions or make any additional statements regarding this case.” Does that mean no more details on the family? Will they regain their privacy? Something tells me you folks know what's coming! Don't you?

May our SP find her peace :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members