Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@gitana1 have you seen the latest? Unbelievable what she has been through - now LE has knowledge that others knew of the rape by RP and did nothing - IMO others knew and should be punished - all the well wishers online make me sick if this is true (I think it is which is why she desperately turned to a stranger)

( @gitana1 is going to be very tore up and infuriated about this when she sees all this. We all are. I anticipate a very deep post from her about this, moo.)

HIS mother, to the home where he was took her. Not HER mother... I'm not saying that their plan was great...but i'm just trying to say that I don't think he is a bad guy in this story, and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Desperate people make choices that other's wouldn't. she wasn't safe in her home and had to get out.
I have no issue with Rogers trying to help SP. Encouraging SP to gather evidence is good. Where I have very serious troubling problems with Rogers is taking SP out of state! Bad enough when family does that but for non family, no way. Additionally, Rogers receiving pictures/videos is an absolute problem.

If Rogers had encouraged SP to contact LE with the evidence he would be a hero. Hell, he could of contacted LE himself with what he had been told.

Rogers intentions may have been good but what he did indicates to me otherwise. He may be very dumb but I am doubtful.

Regardless, Rogers is in deep.

Back to lurking.

Report: Wisconsin man arrested, told Madisonville teen to film sexual assault as proof of abuse

He told her to get a video of the rape, and according to the affidavit, she got the video and emailed it to him.

"He saw the video and said it was blurry but that it was a video of a 'full blown rape'," the affidavit states.

Rogers claimed he did not send the video to law enforcement because he thought it wouldn't stand up in court, according to the documents.

The phone he said he used was found in his mother's basement. The affidavit includes text message conversations between the pair.

"And I know you don't want to do it but I don't exactly want to see your dad rape you either. But we need clear video evidence," Rogers said in one text. "But understand that I can get in a hell of a lot of trouble for harboring you Unless you can prove what he did they will just release you back to him if we get caught."

Text messages show Rogers explaining how the teen can record the alleged assault. The video was later found on his computer and is 7 minutes and 10 seconds long, the affidavit states.
Wow this is terrible I’m so sorry for her and hope she’s with good people in TN

( @gitana1 is going to be very tore up and infuriated about this when she sees all this. We all are. I anticipate a very deep post from her about this, moo.)
Yes and perhaps potential charges just like she discussed last night - standing aside and doing nothing should carry punishment and no future contact with children IMO

Ugh. Gross. Yeah, real hero there (not!) :mad:

Do we really think he did this so there would be evidence of her assault? This sick man who has just been arrested wanted to see her being raped before he came to get her.

I'm going to go throw up now.

I can't believe there are posters here who think his actions were innocent and noble even.

I'm going to have to take a time out soon.

:mad::(:mad:

I forget what I thought, and wrote. I know we expected something more. But persuading a child to send ...

Please don't get in any time-out situations. We need your calming words to help in the threads.

This is taking the unknowns off of previous cases, and hitting us with the worst ways, a human being can treat another. No details on these predators actions can be unread. Unseen. Heartbreaking just does not seem to even begin to describe all of this.

HIS mother, to the home where he was took her. Not HER mother... I'm not saying that their plan was great...but i'm just trying to say that I don't think he is a bad guy in this story, and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Desperate people make choices that other's wouldn't. she wasn't safe in her home and had to get out.

But HE wasn't a desperate person. He was a 31 yo man taking advantage of a desperate person. He HID her from the people that could help her. You don't need to know any more than we all know to know these were very stupid decisions that normal men wouldn't make. Normal men don't hide little girls in their basement. Where is that EVER a rational decision where you wait to find out more?

Report: Wisconsin man arrested, told Madisonville teen to film sexual assault as proof of abuse

He told her to get a video of the rape, and according to the affidavit, she got the video and emailed it to him.

"He saw the video and said it was blurry but that it was a video of a 'full blown rape'," the affidavit states.

Rogers claimed he did not send the video to law enforcement because he thought it wouldn't stand up in court, according to the documents.

The phone he said he used was found in his mother's basement. The affidavit includes text message conversations between the pair.

"And I know you don't want to do it but I don't exactly want to see your dad rape you either. But we need clear video evidence," Rogers said in one text. "But understand that I can get in a hell of a lot of trouble for harboring you Unless you can prove what he did they will just release you back to him if we get caught."

Text messages show Rogers explaining how the teen can record the alleged assault. The video was later found on his computer and is 7 minutes and 10 seconds long, the affidavit states.

That's my worst fear - that somehow the video will get thrown out , disallowed, or considered too blurry to be admissible. I don't want RP getting away with this.
I don't think that's likely to happen, but I still fear it.

Didn't the mother state she had no idea that it was going on?
Yes, that was a lie it seems.

"WATE 6 On Your Side spoke with the mother of the 14-year-old girl, who says she had no idea about any of it and is focusing on coping, her three other children, and getting to see her 14-year-old daughter again after learning everything from authorities."

Adoptive father of missing teen arrested, charged with rape

They got her on video saying that though don't they?

Moo

That's my worst fear - that somehow the video will get thrown out , disallowed, or considered too blurry to be admissible. I don't want RP getting away with this.

Oh he’s not getting away with this, moo. Sexual Exploitation of a child is serious, serious business (not to mention abduction).

Child *advertiser censored* Resources and Information

ETA:
I was reading too fast, as @cluciano63 pointed out, @SkipperKey3 was referring to RP, sorry about that!)

Last edited:
Her mother needs to BE CHARGED

So SP told her mother and her mother didn't believe her. RP was sexually molesting her, apparently routinely.
When SP ran away, CP had to have known what was behind it, since SP had tried to tell her.
When both of them were in front of the camera pleading for her to come home, they must have both known why she ran and had that in the back of their mind, all the while pleading for her to come home.
Ugh.

So SP told her mother and her mother didn't believe her. RP was sexually molesting her, apparently routinely.
When SP ran away, CP had to have known what was behind it, since SP had tried to tell her.
When both of them were in front of the camera pleading for her to come home, they must have both known why she ran and had that in the back of their mind, all the while pleading for her to come home.
Ugh.

Perfectly logical conclusion. It's the only thing a rational person can conclude

I was trying to hope that maybe he meant well, but was just hopelessly naive in how he went about things. Now... I guess it fits the pattern where a molested child is more vulnerable to other predators.

And, what about her mother? Grrr.... If it’s true that SP told her mother and was not believed, what possible criminal penalties could there be? What does Tennessee law have to say on the subject?
I'm going to wait to chastise the mother until we have evidence she knew from someone other than the person who kidnapped SLP. It's in his best interest that the mother didn't do anything because it makes him all the more of a knight in shining armor. (vomit)

Oh he’s not getting away with this, moo. Sexual Exploitation of a child is serious, serious business (not to mention abduction).

Child *advertiser censored* Resources and Information

I said I didn't want RP to get away with it on such a technicality. (I wasn't speaking about BDR when I said that.) As much as I think BDR went about this the wrong way and may well deserve all he gets, I am more concerned with RP getting put away. He had care of this child and he has done incredible damage, to SP and to a degree the other three kids as well.
BDR's role in this is questionable - preditor or bad judgment? But RP's role in this is monstrous.

I have no issue with Rogers trying to help SP. Encouraging SP to gather evidence is good. Where I have very serious troubling problems with Rogers is taking SP out of state! Bad enough when family does that but for non family, no way. Additionally, Rogers receiving pictures/videos is an absolute problem.

If Rogers had encouraged SP to contact LE with the evidence he would be a hero. Hell, he could of contacted LE himself with what he had been told.

Rogers intentions may have been good but what he did indicates to me otherwise. He may be very dumb but I am doubtful.

Regardless, Rogers is in deep.

Back to lurking.

He is not dumb. He knew exactly what he was doing. He avoided cameras and destroyed her phone so they couldn't be tracked by LE.

Rogers allegedly “avoided tollways and gas stations with surveillance,” and destroyed the teen’s phone, according to the affidavit.

If convicted, Rogers faces a mandatory minimum penalty of 15 years and a maximum of 30 years in federal prison, according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney’s office.

In a statement, the Monroe County, Tenessee Sheriff’s Office said it “has switched its focus from what was previously a missing child investigation to what has become a criminal investigation.”

Madison man charged in connection with Tennessee teen found in Wisconsin

I wonder how many times he viewed the video. And as mentioned, did he share it with someone?

Did he call a single help resource? Child abuse hotline? Anything? Did he do one thing to help her after he picked her up? He had the video presumably for weeks. Did he consult with a single outside entity to get her help for being raped?

I’m afraid of what LE has found on his computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it