AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: Uh that is a very concerning description.
Snipped for focus.

Agreed, and it is extremely detailed , so why is DW revealing this just now ?
Wouldn't it have been better to let LE know the day Summer was disappeared ?

I can't see the neighbors coming to that conclusion, having heard screaming.
And like others here have pointed out... if the neighbors could hear this, there's no way imo the rest of the family at home heard nothing.
MOO.

Regarding the Interview Room with J, I was really pleased to see it. As difficult as it was to watch, it really spelled out the extent of DW's depravity. This was not a youthful mistake, not a 12 year-old having a very wrong moment that he came to regret. No, it was ongoing for many years. I'm even more distressed by DW's constant attempt to excuse his own behavior, and to own what he did. However, even if he turns out to be entirely innocent of what happened to Summer, I don't feel sorry for him at all if he undergoes some suffering for his past actions. Just because it was so long ago (and especially because it was so long ago) he should understand at this point that he was not the victim and needs to stop acting like one. In other words, even if J never does anything legal with what happened to her, I'm glad that DW got called out publicly about his SA in the past. This is all my opinion and even more important if it does finally link up to what happened to Summer, but important to me even if it does not. It's O.K. if when we are searching for one victim we happen to stumble upon another. And coming forward is always the right thing to do and deserves respect. MOO

#JusticeForSummer
#JusticeForJ

It may or may not have anything to do with Summer, but I sure hope J presses charges and DW is held accountable for what he did to her.

I'm having a difficult time understanding what "for nothing" means. Is it like he would never hurt her for any reason, or does he mean he would never hurt her without a reason?
It is very common in the south for someone to use the term "for nothing" in this way and I do believe it is how he meant it. It is incorrect grammar, but what is usually meant by it is "for anything" or "for any reason" .
Example: "I wouldn't trade that <insert favorite thing/person> for nothing"

BBM.

Interviewer asking if Summer is autistic. Answer: no.

He should have stopped there. But he doesn't. (I was going to highlight the parts that jumped out at me, but i would have to bold the whole paragraph, so i have). He goes on to subtly disparage her (Summer) for no reason whatsoever (IMO) for almost a paragraph.
Then we have.

" She was a handful for her younger brother especially. And my older son, he would never hit her he was a lot bigger than her but he would never hurt her for nothing."

Now remember i made a point of him (DW) introducing or offering up words without prompt. Well, here we go again introducing inflammatory language (my interpretation and opinion) "hit and hurt her". So what does this mean to him? Here is the kicker. Look what he says after introducing "hit and hurt her". He says "for nothing". This suggests to me that maybe (and this is my opinion) her brothers do "hit and hurt her" but there has to be a reason for it. What that is i don't know. Remember these are his words, he chose them, he introduced them, he wasn't fed or lead down this path of hitting or hurting. I do not like it, at all!

All my opinion of course.

Jmo but I think his use of “for nothing” means “for any reason.” Kinda southern speak (as I know it).

But yes, he should have stopped with “no.”

DW’s entire explanation of how SW treated others’ belongings, including satisfaction for breaking things, is disturbing. There are so many possible reasons why she acted out.

I'm having a difficult time understanding what "for nothing" means. Is it like he would never hurt her for any reason, or does he mean he would never hurt her without a reason?

I was just about to write the same thing. There can be two interpretations. To be honest, I took it to mean that there was no way he (oldest boy) would hurt her, and hadn't considered that someone else might interpret it to mean the opposite.

Trying to understand Don Speak is not an easy task and is subject to many interpretations. I mean no disrespect by this, but I think that most of us would agree that he won't be getting a gold star for grammar. I'm not sure that "anything" is in his vocabulary, and believe that he usually substitutes "nothing" for "anything." Therefore, I might say that someone "wouldn't do that for anything" (a common expression) -- but DW would say that someone "wouldn't do that for nothing."

It is very common in the south for someone to use the term "for nothing" in this way and I do believe it is how he meant it. It is incorrect grammar, but what is usually meant by it is "for anything" or "for any reason" .
Example: "I wouldn't trade that <insert favorite thing/person> for nothing"

Thanks. I've heard it mean both before, but I'd have to listen to it to hear his intonation to see which he meant. "For nothing" meaning "not for any reason" would fall at the end, while "for nothing" meaning "without a reason" would rise. I just don't feel like digging through that interview for that quote, so I'll take everyone's word for it that that's what he meant.

Yes, take it as “for any reason.” Southern speak.

jmo

Yes!!!! I have my Grandpas old pickup I'm restoring sitting here in my garage but I wouldn't sell her for nothin... and that's the way say it to the random people that stop ask about her.
It's a southern slang.
IMO
JMO
All that and a bag of chips

BBM.

He should have stopped there. But he doesn't. (I was going to highlight the parts that jumped out at me, but i would have to bold the whole paragraph, so i have). He goes on to subtly disparage her (Summer) for no reason whatsoever (IMO) for almost a paragraph.
Then we have.

" She was a handful for her younger brother especially. And my older son, he would never hit her he was a lot bigger than her but he would never hurt her for nothing."

Now remember i made a point of him (DW) introducing or offering up words without prompt. Well, here we go again introducing inflammatory language (my interpretation and opinion) "hit and hurt her". So what does this mean to him? Here is the kicker. Look what he says after introducing "hit and hurt her". He says "for nothing". This suggests to me that maybe (and this is my opinion) her brothers do "hit and hurt her" but there has to be a reason for it. What that is i don't know. Remember these are his words, he chose them, he introduced them, he wasn't fed or lead down this path of hitting or hurting. I do not like it, at all!

I think that you're misinterpreting the meaning of his words. His grammar isn't perfect; he used a double-negative construction, which is common in rural areas (even though it makes those of us with good grammar wince). He should have said that her brothers wouldn't hurt her "for anything," which is what he undoubtedly meant.

Whether her brothers were actually as tolerant as he seems to believe is a separate issue.

And like others here have pointed out... if the neighbors could hear this, there's no way imo the rest of the family at home heard nothing.
MOO.
Snipped.
That statement doesn't withstand close scrutiny, in my opinion. The audibility of the scream to any particular person would depend on where the scream came from, what the topography was like, and what other noises were occurring at the same time. If the scream originated at the bottom of the hill near Ben Hill Road, it is quite plausible that it would be heard by a neighbor but not by CBW and CH (let alone the boys inside the house who were playing Fortnight, which has constant background music).

I remember when the situation was happening, when the father got home and I am not sure which son ( I believe the oldest) telling the father , "It was not my fault" , or "I didn't do it" .... not sure of exact quote ..... but I thought of that moment reading these comments about Summer ....

BBM.

Then we have.

DW when asked if Summer has any moles or scars:
"I don't think Summer did has any"

Interesting correction there by DW

*ALL MY OPINION*

What in a father's mind when asked a question would make him decide that he needs to paint his missing 5 year old daughter as a bully (taking things from all of her brothers that weren't hers, breaking them and laughing about it). And then continue on to defend his sons and then specifically bring attention to the defense of the oldest?

All of this while answering a simple yes or no question about his daughters health.

I have trouble with this.

I have 5 children and this behavior is not normal to me least. I have trouble believing that that no siblings retaliated in any way. I have zero faith in that statement. I wasn't born yesterday.

In my experience with siblings, students and raising my children, they fight back, defend their toys, they say hey thats mine, they grab it back, push down, hit, yell, cry and scream. Most they defend themselves and what is theirs.

IMO, This was a very random piece of information that had nothing to do with the question. This is concerning to me. What made him feel that this whole response was necessary?

Any thoughts on DWs rambling answer about Summer being autistic or not?

And my older son, he would never hit her; he was a lot bigger than her but he would never hurt her for nothing."
This is the sentence that stood out to me when I heard it. DW was asked if Summer is autistic, so it seems like this is something he wanted to add. What I’m curious about is why he specifically said “my older son.” He wasn’t asked about his older son… and why leave out the 2 other boys? IMO, having listened to DW talk a lot, I’m inclined to think that this may mean the older son did do something, and I’m not accusing the boy of anything. There’s a million scenarios where siblings fight. But with DW’s language, I think there may be something particular he was thinking of with regards to the older boy. JMO.

I can't for the life of me figure out why people keep referring to DW and CW using southern dialect. He is from Utah, she is from Wisconsin. And they both sound like it to my southern ears. Ronnie Lawson ? THAT'S southern. ;)

I agree that it is strange but think maybe he picked it up over the years. He does use a lot of slang heard primarily in the south. I haven’t looked at the backgrounds of his parents and grandparents but have wondered if perhaps he picked it up from them.

jmo

I can't for the life of me figure out why people keep referring to DW and CW using southern dialect. He is from Utah, she is from Wisconsin. And they both sound like it to my southern ears. Ronnie Lawson ? THAT'S southern. ;)
I noticed the same. Maybe he thinks having slow speech with a drawl will make him fit in there?

I recognize this speech pattern IME with people who smoke a lot of pot. It's just how it comes out when they're trying to keep up. Not saying DW has or does anything of the sort, just my observation of decades being around stoners. MOO

I noticed the same. Maybe he thinks having slow speech with a drawl will make him fit in there?

I recognize this speech pattern IME with people who smoke a lot of pot. It's just how it comes out when they're trying to keep up. Not saying DW has or does anything of the sort, just my observation of decades being around stoners. MOO

To me, it isn’t so much the accent — it is the terminology.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member