Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering about that too.
Dad SAID he has taken and passed a poly. If mom took one yesterday, that seems like it’s a week late IMO. I don’t expect LE to confirm or deny the results, as I think they are just using it as an investigation tool. Now why mom separately from dad? I think that makes a lot of sense. I’m assuming some sort of interrogation happened yesterday. Surely, they both had been interrogated prior but it could be new info they came across and needed to question about. I think it’s very common, if not mandatory, to separate people for questioning.

why doesn't L.E. rule the parents out, polygraphs are usually relied on. then every can stop focusing on them, i think at least 80% of folks here in kingsport think foul play from the home. sleuths could then concentrate on the real scenarios. im not downing L.E. or any sleuths , i m just wondering out loud.

Because polygraphs mean absolutely nothing. Some of the biggest liars who have ever been tested pass with flying colors. A lot of innocent people are so nervous they test guilty. I personally believe they use polygraphs to make some people so stressed they break down and confess.

Last edited:
I don't know why the reporters didn't ask LE at the last press conference if DW had passed a polygraph, because he had said it by that point.

I believe they did, and LE responded that they weren't commenting on that at this time.

(I can NOT hunt down one more link today, so take that with a grain of salt until some other kindly poster posts one.) ;)

LE does not inform folks who sit for polygraph testing that they have "passed" or failed." That's just not how it works. And were deception detected, that does not mean someone is automatically arrested. Again, that just isn't how it works.

ETA: Sorry, I've been trying to sit on my hands but this could go on for pages and pages.

Summer Wells is seen dancing in a Tik Tok video that has been viewed more than 50,000 times. Her father shared the video with News 5 in hopes it would help bring her home safely.

She is dancing to the song “Country Girl” which was recorded by country artist Bryan Moffitt.

“I don’t know her, I don’t know her family, and I’ve never even been to that area except to visit Gatlinburg, but here she is dancing to my song,” said Moffitt.

[...]

“When she is found and returned safe back home, I want to come there and personally play that song for her, the ‘Country Girl’ song she was dancing to and having a good time,” he said. “I feel that’s the least I can do.”

Can everyone see in the video the red barrel painted with white lettering "For Sale" that SW is being directed to dance in front of? Is that a mockup of this country western singer's video for the song?

LE does not inform folks who sit for polygraph testing that they have "passed" or failed." That's just not how it works. And were deception detected, that does not mean someone is automatically arrested. Again, that just isn't how it works.

ETA: Sorry, I've been trying to sit on my hands but this could go on for pages and pages.
interesting

I was the original poster, Simply Southern. I should have posted a link to back up my comment, but in truth, I was upset when I posted , and forgot to go back and track down the link. I thought I read in an article that it was a domestic violence call that lead to LE finding DW hiding in the basement, but maybe I ran the details of the 2001 and the 2020 arrest together as I was reading.

For now, I retract my comment . Sorry for the confusion.
Oh it’s so easy to do. I’ve done the same. :)
Just trying to establish if the DV was a one off or a pattern.

Because polygraphs mean absolutely nothing. Some of the biggest liars who have ever been tested pass with flying colors. A lot of innocent people are so nervous they test guilty. I personally believe they use polygraphs to make some people so stressed they break down and confess.

I would never take one. Either way it’s not going to benefit me.

The polygraph thing is weird to me. First of all, polygraphs aren't just pass fail. My understanding is they'll ask you some basic non-accusatory questions to get your baseline, and then see how your responses change if they ask you questions about whatever they're investigating.

So saying they passed their polygraphs doesn't really make sense. However it does show that they are cooperating, just like law enforcement has said.

I also imagine that if either of them showed signs of deception on their polygraphs, they'd be sitting in an interrogation room right now.

LE has never stated that anyone has taken a polygraph in relation to this case. Until I hear from LE m I'm not inclined at this point, to believe anything anyone has to say.

JMO

We don’t know if anyone passed a polygraph. All we know is that Summer’s dad says that he and her mother passed polygraphs. Law-enforcement says that they have not cleared anyone. The fact is; until law enforcement makes a statement saying that someone took a polygraph and passed it we have no way of knowing what the truth is.
MOO

Just checked with hubby, retired Police Chief with 40 plus years in LE, for the scoop on polygraphs. LE may tell a person they passed or failed no matter what the outcome was, depending on the situation. Not related to this case at all. Like the saying goes, give someone enough rope......

Does anyone else remember when Meagan Boswell got out in front of the cameras and told reporters that she begged LE to give her a polygraph but they told her they couldn't because she was pregnant. And straight away LE shot back, saying that she never asked to meet with them, or to take a polygraph, and that Sullivan County didn't even have a polygraph examiner.

I learned A LOT from that. Just' sayin'.

ETA: And shocker, she wasn't pregnant either.

I’m not sure what article I read, but he admitted a few days ago that he took and passed a poly already.

Anyone remember where that was??

Here's an excerpt from the article below, in which DW states that he took a lie detector test.

Mr. Wells said law enforcement has done a good job pursuing every lead, and he willingly took a lie detector test to assist in the investigation. He said he and his wife have been looking at photos of potential suspects.

[DW]: “They have tracked down all kinds of people. They even had me in there with a lie detector test. It didn’t bother me to do that whatsoever. A lot of time the parents are responsible.”

Looking back, I can’t find anything from DW regarding whether or not he passed it. Although I may have missed it. JMO

‘We’re freaking out’: Missing Summer Wells father says authorities told mom they had a ‘tip’ after she passed lie detector test | CrimeOnline

Can everyone see in the video the red barrel painted with white lettering "For Sale" that SW is being directed to dance in front of? Is that a mockup of this country western singer's video for the song?

I don’t know about it being related to the song. However, I have seen barrels with “for sale” painted on them next to the road with stacks of fire wood for sale near campgrounds and state parks. No link - JMO and experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberts1979