AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused! Is this a different drone from the illegal one they posted about a few days ago? Who owns it? I haven’t been following their website or podcasts.

Yes, this is a different drone. I don't know who owns it, just someone helping the Wells.
This was shared on their website so it is approved by CW & DW.

<modsnip> If anyone has a link to LE saying something on the lines of everyone is a suspect, no one has been cleared, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Southern kids don't put on shoes to play in the yard unless an adult insists.
I understand that. I just can't imagine, however hardened someone's feet are, especially a child's, they wouldn't struggle on the rough surface of their long driveway.

As @2.curious pointed out though, Summer was known to follow the boys down the trail. Although IIRC Don said she would only follow them halfway down, because she didn't like to wander off too far.

I see little Cleo Smith has been found alive in Australia, thanks to some great work by the police.

Maybe Sheriff Lawson should contact the Western Australian police to see what intelligence and techniques they used in finding Cleo.

It could provide some useful information in helping LE in their search for Summer.

The thing is... They're kind of disorganized at the Wells place. So, i have wondered all along if maybe SW was wearing some sort of shoes. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense (eta given what we have been told about her preference, i am rather fond of wearing shoes personally), but I wonder if somehow she was.

There were just random shoes in the yard according to DW because he said they were there when he was mowing (not specifically SW's shoes). I forget the interview, but it was from not too long after she went missing so probably he was referring to mowing before she went missing.

I understand that. I just can't imagine, however hardened someone's feet are, especially a child's, they wouldn't struggle on the rough surface of their long driveway.

As @2.curious pointed out though, Summer was known to follow the boys down the trail. Although IIRC Don said she would only follow them halfway down, because she didn't like to wander off too far.

As long as it's not black top hot enough to blister, most terrains are acceptable to the barefoot southern child. We all learn the black-top-hot-enough-to-blister the hard way, there is always that one kid. If you stop to put on your shoes you might miss some super crazy awesome exciting thing that that tree across the street is gonna do.

Five year olds are explorers, even if she wasn't much of a wanderer before, it's an age where they see something interesting and go take a closer look at it without considering risks.

Why would an abductor wait til CW, CB and the two boys were presentto abduct Summer?. Given the fact the kids were allegedly neglected and left to fend for themselves.
If she was a planned abduction it’s a very odd time to do so.
If it wasn’t planned it’s even more odd given the location of the place

The Dr. Phil show with CW and DW will air Nov. 11 & 12.

According to show spokespeople, episodes containing Don Wells and Candus Bly will air on Nov. 11 and 12 on CBS.

Wells family Dr. Phil appearance to air on Nov. 11-12 | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Thank you for this! I’m new here but have been following this since day #1. I’m sure Phil will tread lightly like he did with Burke Ramsey but maybe the interview will give us a better glimpse as to what went down.

What I find extremely unsettling about this case is that you can't put your finger 100% on any one scenario, then pull out all the stops and apply all the necessary resources. I wonder what percentage LE gives to each of the potential scenario's. I personally think there is still a slight chance she wandered off. No search is 100% unless you put your finger on every square inch of ground for a 10 mile radius.

What I find extremely unsettling about this case is that you can't put your finger 100% on any one scenario, then pull out all the stops and apply all the necessary resources. I wonder what percentage LE gives to each of the potential scenario's. I personally think there is still a slight chance she wandered off. No search is 100% unless you put your finger on every square inch of ground for a 10 mile radius.
Do you know how big of an area they have searched thus far?

There are three boys. The boys were home alone all day according to CB. It is not impossible that one or more of them went outside at some point that day. So, maybe the abductor (if there was one) was stalking the boys or one of the boys. SW had very short hair and might have been mistaken for a boy in the short term. I think the brother closest to her age is nine. The oldest only recently turned 13.

I think CB and CH were inside either the house or camper long enough to be a non-factor. CB says she did some laundry and watched some TV with the boys (maybe even at the same time), so she even says she was inside for a while.

Possibly the abductor (if there was one) knew CB and CH tended to spend time indoors. Their yard doesn't really look like a comfortable place to hang around, tbh. The area is very pretty, but they have a lot of random stuff everywhere most of which is taller than SW (thus blocking line of sight).

As for the paved road being hot... It was not a hot enough day for that to be a factor. I know CB says it was "baking hot" already at 7 a.m. i live in Tennessee. I remember that day. The pavement would have been warm, but if someone wanted to walk around barefooted on it, they could.

The day that was "baking hot" was the day Summer would have started kindergarten. The outfit that was supposed to be her "first day" outfit would have been impossible to wear. If you look at pictures of people at her actual school that day everyone is wearing shorts and short sleeves. I was up early that day and it was already very hot.

It really didn't get cool enough for that outfit until the latter part of September.

I know some children are cold natured. According to CB, SW didn't like the AC on in the car. But, again 6/15 was not so hot, so just rolling the window down would cool off the car enough while driving.

However, counter to this, we have SW wearing a bathing suit and/or a shorts set most of the day. And a lot of the photos of her at home, she is wearing light weight clothes (shorts, a thin dress). On 6/15, she even went swimming. I could see her being cold right after this, but it would not be normal to be cold the rest of the day. Particularly since she and H waited in the car for a while at least at the grocery store.

If SW wandered off, she managed to get somewhere that is farther than the searched or maybe even seems inaccessible. I know people say animal attacks leave evidence, but what if no one came upon that search area until a couple of weeks later? Would the evidence still be there?

ETA. It still bothers me that we don't know where or how SW got changed from the bathing suit to the "kindergarten outfit". The area where she went swimming isn't some super private area, in CM's interview with CB at this location, various people can be seen walking around in the background (other park goers).

Thank you for this! I’m new here but have been following this since day #1. I’m sure Phil will tread lightly like he did with Burke Ramsey but maybe the interview will give us a better glimpse as to what went down.
Don't hold your breath! That's what we used to think every time there was a new interview coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x