AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WE are so happy and grateful that Cleo Smith in Australia has been found after over two weeks and she is safe and healthy. We had just reached out to her family after we read of the social media struggles they had received and wanted to encourage them cause we know the fear and grief that parents go through. We understand why people point at us parents as suspects and search for any inconsistency. Not knowing if your Daughter is being hurt every night and day is inconsistency at the highest pain level. Cleo was stole right from her parents from her camping tent. Summer was from our basement.

It is encouraging to our hearts to see Cleo safe back with her Parents. Thank You Everyone helping restore our Family and finding our Daughter Summer Moon-Utah Wells. Love and Prayers, DonCandus

https://www.findsummerwells.com/post/so-happy-for-cleo-smith-family

Heart breaking, but they reached out in an effort to save another family from the cruelty they had endured.
Some things give me hope.
This is one.

No one wants to be in their club (having a child disappear). No one with a missing child would expect that type of cruelty from the Internet community (or anywhere). No one wants to be in that club either yet, there both families are/were. Such a shame that that depth of callousness had to smack them in the face like that during their darkest moments.

In all of their grief, fear, angst, feelings of loss, etc, it is nice to see that the Wells wanted to help someone else through what they are going through. Such a show of empathy and compassion. BIG hearts!!!

Gives me hope too, kitty.

Last edited:
It seems like hope is what they have right now. Hope that Summer somehow can be safely returned to them. Hope that someone is not hurting her every night.

Little Cleo being found alive gives all of us hope. We all hope Little Summer can somehow be returned to her family too.

They have taken a step backward but now is the time for them to try harder again and go two steps forward.

One thing I have thought about is maybe when SW went to play in the basement, she went to sleep. She was cold in the truck and she slept a while in the truck, but i think CB said SW didn't fall asleep until they were almost home.

So, she gets home and does various things (including changing clothes again because the outfit she is described as wearing is a shorts outfit not a pants outfit with jacket). She might have been bored because both CB and DW say she asked her brother to play.

If SW was sleeping when someone came into the basement, she would not know what was happening in time to even try to make noise. Yes, this would be an amazing stroke of luck for the abductor (if there was one), but i can see her being legitimately tired. She had a pretty long day for a five year old.

I wonder if any mundane item so happened to go missing around the same time as SW. Something like a blanket... If there was nothing special about it (it wasn't SW's, no one was particularly using it around that time), given the stress of the situation it is possible they wouldn't notice.

I am wondering if someone came into their house sometimes, before SW went missing. Maybe when they were gone.

December, I've wondered about any item(s) that may have gone missing with Summer as well. Something no one might have noticed, especially given multiple children and adults sharing the home and the near immediate inundation of so many extra folks on the property.
I also wonder if any of the early searchers (neighbors, etc) entered the residence during the initial search period, when the focus was on Summer likely being outside and lost.

On the day that Summer came up missing DW said that after CW called him, he called 911, loaded all his tools then drove home. This was in an interview with CM on TIR.

DW stated to CM in the beginning that he never left his tools at a job site that they were too expensive.
Tools aren’t usually left at a job site unless the building can be secured or in a job box with the crews Ive worked with. (I’m more on the commercial project oriented side of construction)
If various trades are coming and going in and out of an unoccupied house - I wouldn’t leave even a hammer overnight if I needed it the next day.
New construction won’t have security installed yet and no window coverings so anyone could look in and see valuable tools in the house. New subdivision means no neighbors so an easy burglary.
I would think DW would be dusty more than some of his tools unless he was wearing overalls or a tyvek suit over his clothes while doing drywall.
Maybe he was supervising and checking on someone doing the work?
If he was the only one going in and out on the job site - maybe he left scaffolding or a ladder there? Every crew is different.
JMO

Why would an abductor wait til CW, CB and the two boys were presentto abduct Summer?. Given the fact the kids were allegedly neglected and left to fend for themselves.
If she was a planned abduction it’s a very odd time to do so.
If it wasn’t planned it’s even more odd given the location of the place

Responding to these questions/statements based on the theory SW was abducted.

Q/S. "Why would an abductor wait til CW, CB and the two boys were presentto abduct Summer?"

I'm think just the opposite happened. SW was outside with mama and Gma and no abduction, it was when SW was out of their sight when SW came up missing. From the events that are told for that day, SW would have been abducted once she was alone. (again, based on abduction theory)

Q/S. "If she was a planned abduction it’s a very odd time to do so."

It could have been the first time that day SW was spotted alone. She had been running around with adults most of the day. IMO

Q/S. "If it wasn’t planned it’s even more odd given the location of the place"

There are registered SO in that area. Plus homeless, vagrants, druggies, and other types of people that roam those mountains. That particular location would, to me, be a good place to hide and abduct. Which is my main theory, a person familiar with the area, and possible the home itself.

If only towers were able to work backwards and identify all cell phones near the area during that time. I so wish there was a way.

December, I've wondered about any item(s) that may have gone missing with Summer as well. Something no one might have noticed, especially given multiple children and adults sharing the home and the near immediate inundation of so many extra folks on the property.
I also wonder if any of the early searchers (neighbors, etc) entered the residence during the initial search period, when the focus was on Summer likely being outside and lost.

Missing child 101 is to search the home/location child went missing from first.

Just getting caught up on this horrific case!

LE dogs tracked her sent on the dog trail to the road right? How do dogs distinguish between old and new scent?

DW says dog trail, one of the search groups on the day said driveway so it's unsettled. As to your second question, dog noses are way more sensitive to smells than ours. Have you ever made a curry on Thursday and you can still smell it in the walls on Tuesday? It doesn't have to be a curry for a dog to be able to smell it a week later. They can distinguish between old and new smells and their training has them follow the freshest scent.

Why would an abductor wait til CW, CB and the two boys were presentto abduct Summer?. Given the fact the kids were allegedly neglected and left to fend for themselves.
If she was a planned abduction it’s a very odd time to do so.
If it wasn’t planned it’s even more odd given the location of the place

It's very unlikely to have been a "planned" abduction by your definition, pretty much for the reasons you listed. It's just a stupid time and place to snatch a kid anybody could be watching, there are kids everywhere (boys multiply exponentially).

I believe a preferential offender spotted Summer while they were out running the errands. It could have been at any of their stops but most likely while Summer and H were in the car at the grocery store or while they were swimming. She was wearing pink, so despite her short cropped hair, she was easily identifiable as a girl. He could have tailed them Ben Hill Rd, stalking Summer and checking the property for weak spots. Summer wandering out, or possibly being lured out, would have just been a lucky break for the abductor. Even a kidnapper doesn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

DW says dog trail, one of the search groups on the day said driveway so it's unsettled. As to your second question, dog noses are way more sensitive to smells than ours. Have you ever made a curry on Thursday and you can still smell it in the walls on Tuesday? It doesn't have to be a curry for a dog to be able to smell it a week later. They can distinguish between old and new smells and their training has them follow the freshest scent.

Thank you for explaining that. Give more understanding how the dogs works. I hate onions, and hate their smell. So when out in the property I can smell wild onions when they grow in the Spring. I can follow this scent to the onions. So a dog would be much more better at this than me, would I be correct to say if a dog was following the scent of onions, and a person had carried onions nearby, the dog would go with the strongest scent?

Thank you for explaining that. Give more understanding how the dogs works. I hate onions, and hate their smell. So when out in the property I can smell wild onions when they grow in the Spring. I can follow this scent to the onions. So a dog would be much more better at this than me, would I be correct to say if a dog was following the scent of onions, and a person had carried onions nearby, the dog would go with the strongest scent?

In the simplest of terms, yes.

That's *sort of* the way scent work is with working K9s, but it's much more complicated than that. We have heard many different things about the K9 tracking/trailing situation in Summers various SAR efforts- including such problematic issues as being unable to find/use a 'good' scent article. There really is no consistent info publicly available regarding the type/training of K9's and handlers used, the scent articles used, the contamination of the scene, discrepancies in reporting both by MSM, LE, parents, etc etc. So unfortunately, I think most if not all info about the K9 aspect of searches is questionable in its' accuracy. Which is very unfortunate, imo.

Just caught this thread today after Cleo was found this week. I cant believe how many approved YouTube videos there are about this case, I have never seen anything like it. Has LE cleared the family now or made any statements regarding any POI?

There hasn't been anyone cleared and no POI has been announced by LE.

Just caught this thread today after Cleo was found this week. I cant believe how many approved YouTube videos there are about this case, I have never seen anything like it. Has LE cleared the family now or made any statements regarding any POI?
If you notice all the approved videos are interviews. Mainly Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3