AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you don’t know what happened, it’s not really a memory…

Not to mention the number of individuals whose memories are negatively impacted by experiencing extremely emotional and physical events. Which is to say- almost all of us.

People going about their ordinary business, who are then thrust very rapidly into extremely stressful and UN- ordinary situations, very often cannot accurately recall what they were doing, what they witnessed, or how they reacted to the stressful event.

Heck, many people can't recall on a good day WITHOUT a traumatic event occurring, what socks their kids had on, what time they ate that apple, how much cash is in their wallet. When we put our memories to task the mundane, we start filling in the blanks with what we can recall surrounding the issue. Traumatic events often create blank spaces that cannot be filled until much, much later on- and sometimes not at all.

In fact (and this is moo, of course) I often find witnesses to such stressful events as missing children more believable and transparent when they struggle and struggle with recall and simply end with...I don't know. Because I know it is entirely possible that they simply do not know.

A Traumatic Memory Can Be Near Impossible to Shake

But some past experiences can keep haunting you for years. Life-threatening events — things like getting mugged or escaping from a fire — can be impossible to forget.

I would count the day my daughter disappeared as a traumatic event.

MOO

I meant the day Summer disappeared would be a traumatic event for Don and Candus.

my neighbors have a peacock who escapes

Wow, you live in a cool neighborhood. On the topic of a reported "scream" the day Summer disappeared and whether it could have been an animal, IMO unlikely. I think if not Summer, it was likely just a child playing.

I meant the day Summer disappeared would be a traumatic event for Don and Candus.

Are they reacting the way I would? I don't know. Thank God I have no idea how I would respond. However, I am choosing to look at their reactions (public reactions, documented reactions) through the lens of trauma. I have a degree in Trauma and Resilience, and so much of a person's resilience is predicated on their support system and the strategies that they have in their toolbox. I would assume that they did not have a lot of strategies to persevere in the face of hardship that most would consider helpful.

Agreed.
And the events of that day should be crystal clear.
No uncertainty about whether or not someone was at work the entire day, nor all of the other elements that have sadly made for an uncertain timeline.
LE in their most recent statement have repeated that everyone is a suspect and nothing is off the table.
Strong words, for this far along in the case.
Caveat : It still appears that LE haven't said all that they know !
MOO.

I have been thinking that I hope they have searched all bodies of water in her immediate area thoroughly. I know they did search one and they might have searched more that haven't been mentioned. I don't have any particular reason to suspect she would be in water except for the fact that she liked to play in water and had been "swimming" earlier that day.

ETA: "Swimming" is in quotes because she mostly splashed around. However, SW might not have known the difference between that and real swimming.

Don Wells speaks on camera for first time following DUI arrest, addresses family YouTube channel | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather I'm sure most here are aware what happened on YouTube the other night but I'm not sure we're allowed to discuss? What an absolute train wreck ,if Dr Phil offered help they sure are not taking advantage of it.No matter what happened to beautiful Summer,I hope no child ever will have to be in that environment again
Unbelievable. MOO

If Dr. Phil offered help to find Summer, they should avail themselves of it.
Not everyone is afforded this type of publicity and if it happens -- now is the time to take advantage of it, instead of waiting until interest dies down.
Curious about the nature of the help he'd offer -- is it more along the lines of practical advice ?
Idk.
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members