AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen missing cases that were virtually ignored but public engagement doesn't seem lacking with this one.
Everytime the family speaks there is a barrage of of engagement on social media and none of it is about finding Summer.
I'm reminded of when the TBI lady spoke about the hundreds of tips they've recieved with the added caveat, we don't need you to call us to tell us about someone's opinion on social media, it's actually been a hindrance to the investigation. /Paraphrased
I haven't followed every post, but if the family thinks Summer was abducted, has there been a plea to the abductor to release Summer or at least tell where to find her if she is deceased? I would think that would be a focus, if abduction is what they think happened. Make a plea to one ounce of decency in the abductor to return a beloved daughter to her parents?

If she was abducted, you could get her back (or body back) because someone would know where she is. As a parent, I would desparately want that information.

Sometimes in cases there will be a plea to the public to notice a family member, co-worker, etc. who might have acted differently on or around the date of the crime, etc. Has that happened?

jmo

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
<modsnip> But I keep going into my own personal 'mom distress mode' and wonder why/how parents of a missing child would intentionally alter their state of mind... Like, wouldn't you want to be clear minded, on point, and focused on finding your child? I ask that with a grain of salt, and pure curiosity because I have no idea what they are going through or what I would possibly put myself through in their situation. Just don't know what to think anymore.

I still can't get over DW, and now CW referring to Summer Moon in the past tense. I have my theories, but with respect and hope, <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the interview with the parents. Unlike the majority, I don’t think they played a part in Summer’s disappearance nor do I think they know what happened. But, I don’t think she walked off into the woods by herself nor do I think someone was lurking and grabbed her and ran away with her. I know my thoughts don’t make any sense because her disappearance has to be caused by one of these three things, or does it? <modsnip> The swimming hole? <modsnip> I hope there are answers soon.

Mom’s demeanor reminded me of Patsy Ramsey during her first TV interview. <modsnip> The absence of tears doesn’t bother me. It’s been two weeks and I’m sure she has cried plenty of tears.

Can you even imagine having a) your child missing, and b) knowing every single word you say (or don’t say) and every facial movement you make (or don’t make) will be scrutinized and debated by thousands of people…..
I don't think I would care honestly. But that's just me.
I would use any and all public forums to speak to my missing child and who has her, in hope she's still alive, until I know differently.
But that's just me.
Just saying.

I wish a MSM reporter would ask the Sheriff or TBI if the community should be worried about predators possibly lurking and if the community should be concerned....

LE is unlikely to give a "real" answer to this one in the media even if they do suspect a random abduction (which I doubt). This is because they want to keep panic in the community to a minimum and also prevent anyone from jumping to vigilantee-ism.

However, yes, it would be interesting to hear unfiltered thoughts on that if we could.

Her brothers wake up crying every morning. My heart aches for them, they may feel they are to blame having being told to watch her.

So now it's unclear if Mom and Dad are married? The reporter said she wants to be referred to as C Bly, but said that is her maiden name?

Summer is missing, that is fact. The rest is as clear as mud in this case. It's no wonder LE have looked frustrated as time has passed, I know I am.

Mod Reminder:

Nothing has been released by LE stating the parents are POI’s or Suspects at this point. The victim friendly rule remains in full effect. Discussions/observations on what has been stated in interviews is fine. However, please do not point to, or post judgmental comments regarding how a parent looks or appears on video and do not cast veiled accusations of their involvement. Lastly, please refrain from stating you are “sitting on your hands”. That is a veiled accusation/judgement and there is no need to post it.

Thanks,
Tiff

Mod Reminder:

Nothing has been released by LE stating the parents are POI’s or Suspects at this point. The victim friendly rule remains in full effect. Discussions/observations on what has been stated in interviews is fine. However, please do not point to, or post judgmental comments regarding how a parent looks or appears on video and do not cast veiled accusations of their involvement. Lastly, please refrain from stating you are “sitting on your hands”. That is a veiled accusation/judgement and there is no need to post it.

Thanks,
Tiff

THANK YOU!

Her brothers wake up crying every morning. My heart aches for them, they may feel they are to blame having being told to watch her.

So now it's unclear if Mom and Dad are married? The reporter said she wants to be referred to as C Bly, but said that is her maiden name?

Summer is missing, that is fact. The rest is as clear as mud in this case. It's no wonder LE have looked frustrated as time has passed, I know I am.

It’s no big deal if they aren’t married. Why even question it?

I wonder if Summer's disappearance has caused some friction in the marriage. They have never appeared on camera together and now she wants to use her maiden name.

MOO, Weird! Is she trying to distance herself?

ETA::: I hope this makes sense::
Could she be wanting to use her maiden name to help get the "BLY" name out for her missing sister?
I mean, if they are or aren't married, may not matter to most, but if she specifically made a request for her maiden name to be used, there is a reason, MOO.

Last edited:
Just some observations after watching the parents interview a couple of times. DW and CB believe their precious 5 year old daughter has been taken/abducted and in first MSM interview together, neither parent issues an urgent plea, i.e., don’t hurt our daughter, please release her and let her come home to her family who loves her, etc., seems odd to me.
Keeping in mind that DW has spoken of Summer in past tense in some of his earlier interviews, here in CB’s 1st media interview, she says Summer “WAS a tomboy”.
Of course, those of us that have followed missing children’s cases for years know the chances of Summer still being alive after 2 weeks are slim to none but IMO, until someone’s child is found and proven to be deceased and/or significantly more time passes, imo panicked, desperate, parents would still be holding out hope and not speaking of their child in past tense so soon. Also find it odd that the parents weren’t holding up/showing recent photos of Summer asking people to please call the authorities (TBI) if they know, see or hear anything.

IMO, some definite red flags in the media news interview with the parents. Two words come to mind about the parents demeanor which seem contradictory to the pressing and serious nature of the situation:
<modsnip> Per DW, he believes Summer was
“abducted and thrown into a vehicle”, and that is a horrifying thought for any parent. At any rate, the urgency to find Summer from all LE involved, TBI, SAR etc., has been obvious and palpable from the start. The parents, not so much imo. While it’s not proof they’re involved or did anything wrong, I find their public statements and their demeanor to be incredibly odd/off considering the horror and seriousness of the situation.

IMHOO

Last edited:
I feel so bad for Candus. This poor woman is being ripped to shreds everywhere. The focus should be on finding Summer but keyboard warriors everywhere are 100% convinced the parents are guilty, putting them on the defensive, and then using their defensive reactions to prove their guilt further. There are hundreds of examples of parents who've gone on camera and done everything right and been lying through their teeth. Chris Watts for example. And then of course many more examples of parents who've gone on camera, gotten ripped apart just like Candus, for not doing what YOU would do, and then been innocent.

Again, this poor woman. This poor family.

Hopefully today is the day Summer is found!!! Regarding the marriage - could it possibly be they "consider" themselves married? Common law marriage is recognized in a few states - not in Tennessee, but it's definitely a possibility that's their arrangement - not that it matters much.

I just watched the interview with the parents. Unlike the majority, I don’t think they played a part in Summer’s disappearance nor do I think they know what happened. But, I don’t think she walked off into the woods by herself nor do I think someone was lurking and grabbed her and ran away with her. I know my thoughts don’t make any sense because her disappearance has to be caused by one of these three things, or does it? <modsnip> The swimming hole? <modsnip> I hope there are answers soon.

I watched last night then re-watched this morning. I have no idea what the majority thinks, but I know I'm as confused as the day is long. It's odd but I've never followed a case this long without some kind of an idea or opinion of what the truth is (even if I'm wrong). I will say though, now that I hear the mom speak and have heard the dad speak too, I think I have a better understanding of why LE has said the circumstances surrounding Summer's disappearance are still unclear.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member