AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I think it’s because there seemingly aren’t other options. I kind of think maybe Occam’s Razor that’s mentioned here a lot could be part of his reasoning.

Even though abduction would be the least likely scenario - he seems to have rationally ruled out the other scenarios.
From the audio of dad talking: “She would never leave because we got bears and wild dogs and druggies”

“They’ve done such a good job, they’ve followed every lead, they’ve tracked down all kinds of people”

“I have hope but when you look at the statistics”

Rightfully so or not, her dad has ruled out her being in the woods. I think the terrain is much worse than the little images we see on camera or google earth. I saw one section with a wire fence. I think he believes there’s no way a 5 year old could get 1-2 miles out from the house on foot either with or without shoes on.

He’s also ruled it out when he says the dogs lost the scent at the end of the road.

MOO, when he says “I realized then and there that she was not there. I knew right then and there that she was gone.”
I’ve had that feeling as a parent as well and tried to push it away more than once. It was true and DD passed on maybe 2 weeks after me getting that “feeling”.

Also some of the things he said about not being able to be alone and not understanding how his boys are coping so well are thoughts I have as well. Almost 2 years later and I still wonder how my younger DD’s are able to go on almost as if she was never here. Very, very strange to me as well.
I'm so sorry you've endured such loss.

I also think a kidnapping is the option that makes it most likely at this point that she'll be found alive, so he's gonna hope most for that.

A couple other thoughts I have:

Perhaps fell down a well? My guess would be that those would not go overlooked though by the search team if any were around.

Hopefully they’ve searched the house and any other home extremely well. I still have awful thoughts of the kid missing that was found in a nearby chimney. Heartbreaking.

Maybe someone kind of close to them kind of knew their schedules and took advantage of it? I wonder what was the home/sleeping situation like? Was the basement used regularly or mainly by Summer for her toys during the day? Maybe someone was there and waited for her to come down alone then somehow convinced her to go with him or her?

I’m not so sure I’m with dad’s thought. MOO is that he appears to lean toward stranger abduction. It perhaps may not be someone who was well known but my thoughts are not complete stranger situation.

Perhaps a friend of one of the family members?

They haven't had any workmen around lately, right? A plumber, some kind of repairs that Dad couldn't do himself, construction, tree trimming, deliveries, any visitors?
Possible someone took an interest in the little girl? I don't know.

BBM

I think it’s because there seemingly aren’t other options. I kind of think maybe Occam’s Razor that’s mentioned here a lot could be part of his reasoning.

Even though abduction would be the least likely scenario - he seems to have rationally ruled out the other scenarios.
From the audio of dad talking: “She would never leave because we got bears and wild dogs and druggies”

“They’ve done such a good job, they’ve followed every lead, they’ve tracked down all kinds of people”

Rightfully so or not, her dad has ruled out her being in the woods. I think the terrain is much worse than the little images we see on camera or google earth. I saw one section with a wire fence. I think he believes there’s no way a 5 year old could get 1-2 miles out from the house on foot either with or without shoes on.

He’s also ruled it out when he says the dogs lost the scent at the end of the road.

MOO, when he says “I realized then and there that she was not there. I knew right then and there that she was gone.”
I’ve had that feeling as a parent as well and tried to push it away more than once. It was true and DD passed on maybe 2 weeks after me getting that “feeling”.

Also some of the things he said about not being able to be alone and not understanding how his boys are coping so well are thoughts I have as well. Almost 2 years later and I still wonder how my younger DD’s are able to go on almost as if she was never here. Very, very strange to me as well.

I am so sorry, I don't know the circumstances but I totally understand what you're saying. I can only imagine the pain!

Regarding your DD's reaction - I think my sister and I are like that about our dad's sudden passing by natural causes at 81. We just don't or won't revisit the pain - our mom continues too, but we are in operation mode about it, it will be 2 years for us too.

Last edited:
With her dad being adamant that she would not have went into the woods.. it really only leaves one option. Somebody grabed her from the yard. Wouldn't she have to be by the road for that to happen so quickly.?
Maybe she never went downstairs and was playing near the road?

A couple other thoughts I have:

Perhaps fell down a well? My guess would be that those would not go overlooked though by the search team if any were around.

Hopefully they’ve searched the house and any other home extremely well. I still have awful thoughts of the kid missing that was found in a nearby chimney. Heartbreaking.

Maybe someone kind of close to them kind of knew their schedules and took advantage of it? I wonder what was the home/sleeping situation like? Was the basement used regularly or mainly by Summer for her toys during the day? Maybe someone was there and waited for her to come down alone then somehow convinced her to go with him or her?

I’m not so sure I’m with dad’s thought. MOO is that he appears to lean toward stranger abduction. It perhaps may not be someone who was well known but my thoughts are not complete stranger situation.

Perhaps a friend of one of the family members?

I cannot imagine an uncapped well. Simply too dangerous. And if used as water source, you can't risk racoons or similar falling into them and ruining the water supply.

I don't think it was stranger danger either.
But from the neighborhood, that has remained in the back of my mind as a possibility. LE has interviewed them all, but there could be something hidden. Janise Wright comes to mind. After that I never followed a missing child again. This will be only the 2nd and she is in my area. Thank you to those of you who can be there for all the others.
I can think of several scenarios where she might have gotten into a car with someone she thought she knew. But I am just going to wait before I discuss that. I am sure you all have thought it out too.

BBM

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story, thoughts and feelings.

Anyone have any information on the creek that runs by their property? Depth? Flow?
Has any mention of this creek been brought up? Like did they walk to the creek any? Maybe if they did, she could have wandered there???
Moo

ETA: I know Dad has said she would never go into the woods, but she's 5.....IMO

With her dad being adamant that she would not have went into the woods.. it really only leaves one option. Somebody grabed her from the yard. Wouldn't she have to be by the road for that to happen so quickly.?
Maybe she never went downstairs and was playing near the road?

There is one other option. No one will say it yet but if she did not go off alone and she was not grabbed, then there is that last option that happens way more times than it should.

Interesting wording... Investigating the father's claims? Or investigating the possibility that Summer was kidnapped? Or is it just bad reporting?

I know it is picky but I think Kidnapping is the wrong wording to be used unless there is something going on that is not being reported.
Kidnapping involves some type ransom ask for the return. Abduction is just grabbing without consent. Kidnapping normally includes an abduction but an abduction does not involve kidnapping
This family does not appear to be the type that someone would ask for a ransom for the return of their daughter, so they should be saying abduction.

They have to look at everything, don't they? Are the searches continuing?
End of day weather report (for those of us who think she could be outdoors): It is 77 degrees, full dark out now. low is only 67 degrees...warming rapidly over the week just past.
Creeks surround 3 sides of the property, 2 sides by Beech Creek. I was able to find a couple photos of it. It's width varied but it was shallow as far as I could see. The creek bottom is medium/large water worn rocks. There are many creeks in that area. I believe there are ponds as well but have not located them yet. Conceivably, she could drink from the creek. There is a chance that animals also seek water in these but I no longer think it risky to her.

There is one other option. No one will say it yet but if she did not go off alone and she was not grabbed, then there is that last option that happens way more times than it should.
I totally agree ! :(
We need to wait for an official update from LE.
That's the reason all options are still on the table, per. the update in msm as of today.
Imo.

I'm a native Tennesseean and I know that area a little. It's not looking good for Summer IMO.
I continue to share with all the searchers, truck drivers and other professional drivers nationwide.
But I'm not thinking that's really going to help.
#TNAMBERAlert
#TBI
1-800-TBI-FIND
Or call 911
Chi. FB_IMG_1623902961407.jpg FB_IMG_1624066006073.jpg FB_IMG_1624066014560.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1624066010004.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624066010004.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online