AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“She was planting flowers with her mother and her grandmother and she wanted to go into the house, so my wife watched her go into the door and she went into the house,” said wells. “And the boys were on the internet of course, and she wanted to go downstairs and play with her toys. So when her mother come in and she says, ‘Summer ‘ and she went down into the basement and she didn’t answer. So she went down there and she was gone. So she went out the basement door, which was unlocked, and we haven’t seen her since.”

That's the gist of it.

Well sounds like a perfectly normal summer day to me.
In fact, an idyllic day as I picture these activities in my mind.:)

So what happened :(

I'm trying to figure out what criteria they have for issuing an Amber Alert.
Guidelines for Issuing AMBER Alerts | AMBER Alert
The fact that they issued one is a surprise to me as I wasn't leaning toward an abduction.

It looks like she would’ve met 3 out of 4 of that criteria, the proof of abduction being the missed one. However, it does say that LE should use their best judgment in placing an amber alert. I’ve said it before, I think LE may have been vague about the reasoning for an amber alert because they wanted to get the word out and didn’t find her quickly. Using their “best judgment” but perhaps playing a little loose with the technical guidelines.

ADMIN WARNING:

Websleuths' very basic TOS is that we are victim friendly. Posts that violate that policy get removed and members who post in such a fashion are subject to a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges. Do not ignore TOS or Mod or Admin posts on the thread. It will not go well.

Posts that make insinuations or accusations against family members or any non-POIs are not victim friendly.

Posts based on social media are not allowed. If you "heard it" or "read it somewhere" or "based on social media", and you can't link to an approved source, it is considered rumor and is not allowed.

We do not close threads for missing children, but we will thread ban or issue time outs to members who persist in violating TOS.

Snipped from the article

Ok so this could make sense as to why the details of when she was last seen, and what time she disappeared are a bit sketchy. Mom and Grandma watched her go into the house, her brothers have to be the ones that said she went into the basement to play with her toys, but nobody saw her leave the basement, just the the basement door was unlocked.

Ok, so where abouts where Mom and Grandma planting flowers? Which side of the house is the basement door at?

According to reports and video in the media this is the house Google Maps
kqETIp.jpg

The road circles the house and it is off track, nobody just happened to be in the area, saw her and snatched her. The odds of that happening must be miniscule.
bbm
Thanks for the msm link.
If the basement door opens onto the road, as it appears in the map, would people driving by be able to see it clearly ?
Is it a well-traveled road ?
Or is it a circular driveway and basically a private road ?
When the dad said the dog's scent stopped at the road--- did he mean the paved county road in front, or the circular road in back ?
The back road looks like a dirt path worn into two tracks, from vehicles and not a paved blacktop road.
Imo.

I am going to reassert that this is not a publicly trafficked area. The chances of that are so so very low. Could there be traffic for drugs, sure. But it would mean that they knew the area and where to go. People out to buy or sell drugs are often paranoid. I seriously doubt that one of them would have grabbed her. The only valid concern in that arena would be the RSO in the immediate area. (within 5 miles, there are 11). I am sure the investigators have paid a call upon all of them.
They were doing much more than just the grounds search.
Does anyone know that the helicopters with thermal are still out? I certainly hope so! It can be used day or night, but would be confusing with all the searchers and animals. I do think they could distinguish somewhat by her 40lb size. There are, however, many animals of that size as well.
Who said she was seen walking on the road?
Playing the odds, I think we can rule out a few things.

Last edited:
bbm
Thanks for the msm link.
If the basement door opens onto the road, as it appears in the map, would people driving by be able to see it clearly ?
Is it a well-traveled road ?
Or is it a circular driveway and basically a private road ?
When the dad said the dog's scent stopped at the road--- did he mean the paved county road in front, or the circular road in back ?
The back road looks like a dirt path worn into two tracks, from vehicles and not a paved blacktop road.
Imo.

It is absolutely not a well traveled road. Ben Hill Rd is a dirt road, just around the corner from Beech Creek road which is paved. It is a short straight driveway on Ben Hill Rd to the property.
I would presume the father meant Ben Hill Rd. That was the first focus of the beginning of the investigation.
I will have to look again to locate the circular road that I must have missed. I have an inkling but would rather check first.
All I could see of it was from the arial view. I would guess it is a track for the dirt bikes and other off road vehicles.

Last edited:
SEARCHING FOR SUMMER: Here is more information about what Donald Wells (Summer’s father) said to us about the day Summer went missing.
-She was outside planting flowers with her mother and grandmother on Tuesday.
-Summer went inside the house and downstairs to the basement to play with her toys.
-The other children were also in the house playing on the internet.
-Summer’s mother came back inside, called for her but she didn’t answer.
-They went to look for her but the basement door was unlocked.
-Donald Wells is not sure what could have happened to her. He mentioned she may have been abducted but they have no ideas.
-Asking for the public to continue to pray for his daughter and thanks everyone for their love and support.
CALL 1-800-TBI-FIND with any credible tips.

We expect a press conference later today with updates. #WCYB

203545184_214412857170459_6387342810379775448_n.jpg

According to the presser, the parents were out searching for Summer and that's why the 911 call came in at 6:30.

But was he at home when she actually went missing, that's what I'm unclear on. He talks about what Mom and Grandma were doing, what the boys were doing , what Summer was doing, etc etc. But he never mentions what he was doing when she went missing. So it just makes me wonder...was he at home ? Was he at work and when he got home they went looking for her ?

Here's the video of the father actually speaking about what happened.
TN AMBER Alert: Summer Wells' father describes evening of Rogersville girl's disappearance

According to Dad LE has checked out all the SO’s in the area as well as any people the family could think of that might be a suspect. He mentions he works all the time and that Candus was 50-60 feet away from Summer when she went missing. So I am assuming he was working at the time. He thinks she went missing around 530 or 6 but isn’t sure.

I live in a semi-rural area on a couple acres. I have a 4-year-old and 5-year-old and my kids run around my property barefoot alllll the time. We garden and water flowers and rake leaves, etc. I don't find that part strange at all, so I think those of you second-guessing that being true should consider that it's very common for little kids in rural areas to run around barefoot.

I haven't read everything but the details provided in what they were up to when she disappeared feel solid to me. There must be evidence showing they were, in fact, planting flowers. Grandma is over, so it's not just mom, so there are two people corroborating each other. The dad wasn't home, it seems, so he doesn't really factor in. I guess the brothers would be suspicious, but I also think if there are 3 boys of varying ages inside the house and one of them hurts his sister, wouldn't one of them say so? Would they all be mature and smart enough to concoct a story or something? I feel like LE would know by now if that happened. (Maybe that happened and they do know but can't prove it yet, or haven't said it publicly yet).

Anyway I still think it's very possible that this young girl walked away and could be okay. God, I hope I'm right.

I live in a semi-rural area on a couple acres. I have a 4-year-old and 5-year-old and my kids run around my property barefoot alllll the time. We garden and water flowers and rake leaves, etc. I don't find that part strange at all, so I think those of you second-guessing that being true should consider that it's very common for little kids in rural areas to run around barefoot.

I haven't heard anyone saying that children don't play in the yard barefoot. That's pretty common. What isn't common , from my point of view , is a child deciding to walk barefoot in this kind of rugged terrain. My property backs up to 650,00 acres of Cherokee National Forest...I'm an avid hiker...and I couldn't traverse the deep woods on my property barefoot. The yard, the pasture, the orchard, sure. The woods ? NO WAY !

But that's just me.

bbm
Thanks for the recap !

Re. the bolded : I didn't know there was a basement in the house, I'm thinking it was a trailer house on a foundation ?
Maybe there was remodeling done, though ?
So did a random kidnapper walk into the basement ?
And if the basement door was locked, was it locked from the inside only--as in Summer could have unlocked it and walked outside ?
Imo.
It looks like mobile homes can have basements.
https://mobilehomeliving.org/basements-under-mobile-homes/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member