Found Deceased TN - Tamia Taylor, 21, met friend at 11:30pm and got on a riverboat, when riverboat docked she was missing, Memphis, 9 Sep 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
river-map.jpg

body-found-2.jpg

Taylor’s mother did not want to comment until an identification had been made.

do we know approximately how long it will take to identify?

The Crittenden County Sheriff’s Office says the body has not been identified and there may be a long wait until we get answers.

“We are at the mercy of the crime lab right now, and it sometimes takes a while,” said Todd Grooms with the sheriff’s office.

We couldn’t get an answer as to how long that process would take.

Sep 25, 2023 / 03:00 PM

Oh, no.... :(

Better for her family than not knowing, or to be fearing that someone took her.
But still.
Sorry to hear this.

The railings on that boat which is also used for party venues is woefully low !

And if the music was loud, no one would've heard a splash even if there was one.

The Crittenden County Sheriff’s Office says the body has not been identified and there may be a long wait until we get answers.

“We are at the mercy of the crime lab right now, and it sometimes takes a while,” said Todd Grooms with the sheriff’s office.

This is awful news for Tamia's family. Hopefully they find a way to make an ID happen quickly!

oh no ... her poor family

I wonder if the length of time to positively identify the body has to do with the length of time that the female body was exposed to the water.

I would think so, a visual ID would likely be very hard, but I would hope that there were dental records, and DNA can be turned around quickly when it suits, take Eliza Fletcher's case as an example.

I believe rapid DNA technology exists, but it's not widely available. I don't fault authorities for that, but it's interesting technology. I wish it would always be available for cases like this, at least within a few days.

This government article about rapid DNA technology says, "The Rapid DNA technology can be used in the field to confirm kinship between a parent and a child with 99.5 percent likelihood of relationship in 90 minutes." Sounds like it's used by the Department of Homeland Security sometimes. JMO/IMO.

Didn't the body go to Arkansas? I could be wrong but I thought the body was found on Arkansas side of river.
jmo
yes. I believe Crittenden County is in charge. I wonder about money -- thinking Crittenden County might have less than Shelby County, TN, and therefore a longer wait for slower technology.

I was wondering, did the unidentified remains go to Shelby County Medical Examiner? How many other cases have they had these past 24 hours? Just an opinion of mine.

It was reported that the deceased was sent to the state crime lab in Arkansas. Which Google says is in Little Rock AR.

The body was sent to the Arkansas Crime Lab for identification and cause of death.
The Crittenden County Sheriff’s Office will be the investigating agency with help from the Memphis Police Department.
Body recovered from Mississippi River

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam
Back