Found Deceased TN - Tamia Taylor, 21, met friend at 11:30pm and got on a riverboat, when riverboat docked she was missing, Memphis, 9 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it is her, I wonder if the family will file a law suit against the cruise company for low railings or some other safety feature missing? Although I do not think they are to blame and it is just an accident.

If they are serving people to the point at which they are intoxicated, then the business should definitely be responsible for their patron's safety.

I don't know what the laws are in TN, but in ON, liquor license holders are responsible to see their drunk patrons safely to their door. They have to arrange rides for them, and even walk them up their sidewalks or stairs until they are in their homes.

I wonder if the participants had to sign a waiver.

I once went on a booze cruise in Bermuda and had to sign one beforehand, basically that I understand alcohol is served and I’m responsible to not fall off the boat/get injured, I suppose.
I don't know what they had to sign, but I was thinking foul play until I saw a photo of the boat. Then, I thought she fell overboard. Didn't look safe for a booze cruise, imo.

Of course, we don't know what happened yet or even if she's been found. But that boat still doesn't look safe for late-night drinking, imo.

jmo

I thought she had tattoos. That should certainly help with identification.

Kiely Rodni, according to the official autopsy, still had her "17" visible after 16 days in the water, and since Tamia had more substantial ink, it could still be useful if it's her.
A lot of it depends on the temperature of the water. Typical decomposition changes proceed more slowly in the water and especially in colder water, such as where Kiley was found.

Tamia Taylor, 21, disappeared on Sept. 9 after riding a Mississippi riverboat cruise.

Taylor attended a Midnight Booze Cruise operated by the Memphis Riverboats company, who say that there is no evidence she fell overboard during the festivities.

The company has said that there is no evidence that Taylor fell overboard during the night’s festivities, claiming she was seen as the boat pulled into the harbor. I

“Until identification is done, we can’t be sure of anything,” Jasmine Ellis, the foundation’s CEO, told the local outlet. “It’s that awkward silence when everybody is at a standstill, hoping for the best.”

And sadly the body has been identified and is indeed Tamia Taylor.

Oh, this news is so terrible.

According to MPD, it is unknown if Taylor departed the boat before her friends. Police said they are investigating every possibility of her whereabouts, including the possibility she may have fallen overboard.
The identification confirms Taylor died on the river. We're working to confirm whether her death was ruled accidental or otherwise.

If they are serving people to the point at which they are intoxicated, then the business should definitely be responsible for their patron's safety.

I don't know what the laws are in TN, but in ON, liquor license holders are responsible to see their drunk patrons safely to their door. They have to arrange rides for them, and even walk them up their sidewalks or stairs until they are in their homes.
I like that type of accountability.

It's not over, of course, it remains to be seen how, where and when she went into the water. I'm reminded of this case nearly nine years ago in the Manayunk section of Philadelphia, when Shane Montgomery, also 21, disappeared after getting separated from his friends and bounced out of a bar during a pub crawl. His body was found next month in the Manayunk Canal where he had gone to pee and slipped and fell in.
PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5
(all the earlier threads are pulled)

looked this up the other night- TN has a "dram shop" law

Tennessee Dram Shop Laws and Social Host Liability for ...

1695783561499.png
Nolo
https://www.nolo.com › legal-encyclopedia › dram-sh...

Tennessee's dram shop law, which can be found in section 57-10-102 of the Tennessee Code, allows a person who's injured by an intoxicated individual to seek ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe
Back