GUILTY TN - Yair Carillo, 4 days old, abducted, mom stabbed, Antioch, 29 Sept 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Attorney: Abducted baby's mom regaining custody

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/06/AR2009100600413.html

My hunch is that LE put pressure on the state and that the evidence was limited to anonymous "tips".They could have gotten away with it, if this wasn't such a high profile case. It's sad that a few unofficial remarks by CPS officials resulted in headlines such as "Mom tried to sell newborn". I think it's time for the FBI to investigate CPS for their color of law violations. Those kids must have been devastated. I know mine would have been.

The Tennessee mother of a kidnapped baby will regain custody of her four kids and is cleared of involvement in an alleged baby-selling plan, a lawyer for the children said Tuesday.
Thomas Miller — who is representing the newborn allegedly abducted by a fake immigration agent and his three siblings — said a Tuesday custody hearing was canceled amid an investigation into the claims that the family tried to sell the baby boy.
Miller said mother Maria Gurrolla will be reunited with 1-week-old Yair Anthony Carillo after losing him twice in less than a week, first to the kidnapper and then to state foster care.

More at link:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,561060,00.html?test=latestnews

We found it at the same time. Ok.. I guess you were first. Good thing they had a lawyer.

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=11263043

(snip)
WAFF 48 News received a similar tip Saturday.
An FBI special agent said that his office received a lot of tips and all are considered potential evidence in this continuing investigation.
An anonymous email came into our newsroom just hours after the missing infant was found.
The tipster didn't respond to our request for further information including his/his relationship to the people involved.
The email claimed Maria Gurrolla knew Tammy Silas and the mother was selling her baby, adding that it was "only a matter of time before that evidence comes out."

CPS and it's other alphabet soup affiliates, does not need proof. A hunch is all they need to gain access, one they have access to your life, they will find a reason, if there isn't a reason, they make one up.
That having been said, the way that I have seen things phrased about holding the children until they are sure the kidnapper acted alone, that seems to be a nice way of saying, until we are sure the mother didn't set the whole thing up.
MOO JMO JMHO...you get the idea.

EDIT because I didn't see that she was getting them back: Media and horrible PR (and a good lawyer) are the only ways to beat CPS. Kudos to Mom, maybe the state will have to investigate itself again. Those are always interesting reports to read.

By Chris Echegaray and Kate Howard, The TennesseanNASHVILLE — A woman whose infant son was kidnapped by a woman posing as an immigration agent who brutally attacked her will regain custody of all of her children.
The Tennessee Department of Children's Services on Tuesday dropped its claim that Maria Gurrola's four children be removed from her care filed after allegations that Gurrola and her husband knew of a plan to sell the baby before the Sept. 29 kidnapping.
An attorney with DCS confirmed that the petition for removal of the children has been withdrawn, and a hearing scheduled for Tuesday afternoon has been canceled.
The department removed the children — the infant and three siblings ages 3, 9 and 11 — from their family on Saturday, after Gurrola was briefly reunited with her newborn son, Yair Antonio Carrillo, who was kidnapped.
Police say Tammy Renee Silas, 39, posed as an immigration agent Sept. 29 to get into Gurrola's South Nashville home and stabbed the mother before leaving with then-4-day-old Yair.
Silas is currently in federal custody facing kidnapping charges after she was arrested Friday night at her home in Ardmore, Ala., with the baby.
Tuesday's hearing was planned at Juvenile Court to discuss allegations that the family may have known of a plot to sell the baby for $25,000. Court documents did not detail who made the allegations. more at link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-10-06-tenn-kidnap_N.htm

Could have been staged, or could have been a deal gone bad. Maybe at the last moment she decided not to sell. The thing that throws me off is the stork in the front yard. Who advertises the birth of a baby they plan on selling? Unless it was another well-meaning family member who wasn't wise to the plan.
Or... It was a jealous family member reporting false accusations to LE.

From the above article....
Tuesday's hearing was planned at Juvenile Court to discuss allegations that the family may have known of a plot to sell the baby for $25,000. Court documents did not detail who made the allegations.

Metro police spokesman Don Aaron released a press release saying that Metro police agree that the children should be returned to the parents after extensive interviews by Metro, TBI and the FBI over the last day. All the agencies are in agreement, he said.

They filed court documents with no proof. They didn't even name the person who made the accusation.
IMO, LE told CPS they were testifying for the mother, otherwise they would have kept these kids.

They think Dad's cousin had something to do with it. The cousin was the one who took Yair's mom to the WIC office and Wal-Mart, then she watched the other kids while their mom was in the hospital. I'm suspicious too. Hope not.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/21221071/detail.html

Snipped from the above article in CHICANA'S post:

"Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said they don't believe Silas chose Yair by chance to abduct and there were still "significant issues" to investigate.

A spokesman for the FBI said if they didn't question everyone for a possible connection, they wouldn't be doing their job."

I have a hard time believing this was random, probably not impossible that it was, it's just hard for me to believe.

I'm not sure if the cousin had anything to do with all of this, I hope not. I am curious how Silas knew to pose as an immigration officer (without some knowledge of the family beforehand). I have seen many people in a day that may look ethnic, but as a random stranger, I certainly couldn't be positive that they are in the country illegally or would open their door to an immigration officer. (I'm not saying the family is illegal, I'm just using that as an example.) My friend from the Phillipines looks ethnic, she can speak in her dialouge from her native country, and perhaps a person would look at her and think she just arrived here yesterday, but that is far from the truth. Would a random stranger happen to see her at the WIC office and then at Walmart and follow her to take her baby, without being sure of the situation? That seems way too coincidental to me. Also, would a random baby stealing person jump on a plane, travel a couple of states away and somehow know to be at the WIC office or Walmart (or anywhere) in the nic of time to cross paths with a baby they wanted to steal? The odds would have to be amazing for that plan to fall into place, without the baby thief having information up front? These are the things that make me believe that there might have been a plan, but I also wonder if LE is looking at friends, etc...?

Most of us go to the doctor's office and are furnishing details that we don't think about at the end of the day. Locally, our schools ask what our primary language at home is, how many children live in the house, etc... we furnish the information to them without thinking about it. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, I'm just saying it wouldn't be too hard for an outsider to have specific knowledge either because we give it out rather freely.

I pray that the FBI continues to look at every person who knows this family or has had contact with them. Prayerfully, they'll find the link between Silas and whomever, quickly, if there is one.

I do feel that LE and Child Services looked into this case with good reason. JMO.

The cousin does sound a tad suspicious. Wouldn't it be something if LE had her on video surveillance talking to Silas while Mom was in Walmart or WIC?

Am I missing something or is Silas only charged with kidnapping? No attempted murder charge?

I agree. This can't be random. I am glad the direct family was not involved. This person took way too many chances for this to be random. I don't recall whether they are married, but isn't the father unemployed and living in the home? That's quite a chance for an un-armed woman to take. Plus, people tend to visit after a new baby arrives. She knew the immigration angle and apparently had faith in it if she went there alone without a weapon. And what did she take the baby away in? In a rental car, but I hope that she didn't just throw him onto the seat unprotected.

If you didn't have some information about the family, I think you would have the opposite instinct - you might worry that they would become violent in order to protect their secret (not to mention their baby) if they were illegals. This woman was confident in her scheme. She just underestimated that woman's willingness to fight for her baby. There has to be some connection to that family.

Also, if the BF is telling the truth (and his story seems sketchy), she departed with the knowledge that she was going to return with a baby, and there are indications that she was planning for an "adoption." That's quite an assumption for one weekend for a first-time kidnapper. All of this information, and the fact the she turned up just after the birth is too much to be coincidence IMO.

The cousin does sound a tad suspicious. Wouldn't it be something if LE had her on video surveillance talking to Silas while Mom was in Walmart or WIC?

Am I missing something or is Silas only charged with kidnapping? No attempted murder charge?

Maybe the phone call the kidnapper made after the attack was to the cousin.
She looked scared on the video. I understand nervous, but it seemed like fear to me. Since the claim now is that she didn't tell mom she wanted the baby before stabbing her, it's possible someone wanted her dead and in exchange Silas got the baby. Pretty far fetched. I'm curious as to how much time mom & her hubby's cuz spent together prior to this.

Snipped from the above article in CHICANA'S post:

"Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said they don't believe Silas chose Yair by chance to abduct and there were still "significant issues" to investigate.

A spokesman for the FBI said if they didn't question everyone for a possible connection, they wouldn't be doing their job."

I have a hard time believing this was random, probably not impossible that it was, it's just hard for me to believe.

I'm not sure if the cousin had anything to do with all of this, I hope not. I am curious how Silas knew to pose as an immigration officer (without some knowledge of the family beforehand). I have seen many people in a day that may look ethnic, but as a random stranger, I certainly couldn't be positive that they are in the country illegally or would open their door to an immigration officer. (I'm not saying the family is illegal, I'm just using that as an example.) My friend from the Phillipines looks ethnic, she can speak in her dialouge from her native country, and perhaps a person would look at her and think she just arrived here yesterday, but that is far from the truth. Would a random stranger happen to see her at the WIC office and then at Walmart and follow her to take her baby, without being sure of the situation? That seems way too coincidental to me. Also, would a random baby stealing person jump on a plane, travel a couple of states away and somehow know to be at the WIC office or Walmart (or anywhere) in the nic of time to cross paths with a baby they wanted to steal? The odds would have to be amazing for that plan to fall into place, without the baby thief having information up front? These are the things that make me believe that there might have been a plan, but I also wonder if LE is looking at friends, etc...?

Most of us go to the doctor's office and are furnishing details that we don't think about at the end of the day. Locally, our schools ask what our primary language at home is, how many children live in the house, etc... we furnish the information to them without thinking about it. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, I'm just saying it wouldn't be too hard for an outsider to have specific knowledge either because we give it out rather freely.

I pray that the FBI continues to look at every person who knows this family or has had contact with them. Prayerfully, they'll find the link between Silas and whomever, quickly, if there is one.

I do feel that LE and Child Services looked into this case with good reason. JMO.

I think LE did an awesome job. CPS should have checked w/ them before stealing the kids based on a tip from an unknown source.

I think LE did an awesome job. CPS should have checked w/ them before stealing the kids based on a tip from an unknown source.

Perhaps CPS acted hastily, I'm not speaking in defense of them, but I do tend to think it was better to have the children out of the home for a few days, while information was gathered (and the parents cleared). I pray the children or the parents aren't traumatized now and that there is resolution in the case, so the whole family can sleep at night, peacefully.

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that CPS acted on an anonymous tip. I keep thinking of the erroneous and crazy tips sent in on the Anthony and Haleigh cases. Some of the tips were obviously wacked out, but some were so detailed and believable that LE had to check them out, when in reality it was just some joe who had a theory, dream or vision.

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that CPS acted on an anonymous tip. I keep thinking of the erroneous and crazy tips sent in on the Anthony and Haleigh cases. Some of the tips were obviously wacked out, but some were so detailed and believable that LE had to check them out, when in reality it was just some joe who had a theory, dream or vision.

That CPS office is being investigated by the TBI. There could be criminal charges against whoever released info on the case.
I personally think they'll investigate the removal of these kids since they had no evidence to back up the allegation. I don't think they even talked to LE prior to taking the kids.

Perhaps CPS acted hastily, I'm not speaking in defense of them, but I do tend to think it was better to have the children out of the home for a few days, while information was gathered (and the parents cleared). I pray the children or the parents aren't traumatized now and that there is resolution in the case, so the whole family can sleep at night, peacefully.

If you put yourself in their mother's place, do you still feel the same ?

Woman Charged In Baby Abduction Stays In Jail

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- An Alabama woman charged with kidnapping a newborn was ordered to remain in federal custody after a court appearance in Tennessee.

Tammy Renee Silas is charged in the Sept. 29 abduction of a 4-day-old boy, taken after his mother was stabbed at their Nashville home. The baby was found unharmed with Silas in Ardmore, Ala., last week.

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/new...ion-Stays-In-Jail/cw5v1BI0zUGlPQfw_tKgMg.cspx

Still wondering why there is no mention of an attempted murder charge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back