Today is the day (10/14/08) the Grand Jury Meets! # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is LA? It is so curious that he is not with them. Maybe he is not taking it well that GA is testifying against Casey.
My guess is he is either playing with his action figures or some online fantasy game. How old is this guy? I think we are going to find out LA is as whacked out as the rest of the family.
thatsad.gif

It's just an observation but maybe we are reading too much into this. I think it's obvious she has gained weight while at home. Perhaps these are the only clothes that fit her comfortably?

Cindy has a JCP card....and donated money....buy KC some pants that fit.

Headline News (NG's channel) is covering the GJ as much as possible. They've discussed it several times since it started. They are giving updates and showing video of George asking for prayers for his family and grand daughter.

Does anyone know where GA went after his testimony? I don't usually watch the "house cam" but I have been today so I could be on the look out for GA's return. The thing has been up and down all morning but I haven't seen GA or CA come back to the house. Is there a chance they are avoiding each other?

Now I would LOVE to hear what the FBI has to say. :eek:

Me, too! :clap:

On another note: I do feel compassion for George today. I cannot imagine how overwhelmed he feels. He held his composure today and he deserves credit for that.

A grand juror will not communicate to family, friends, associates, or anyone concerning any matter that takes place in the grand jury room. The only time this veil of secrecy may be lifted is by order of the court after a full hearing, and then only in exceptional cases.

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/jury_instructions/chapters/chapter30/flgrandjuryhandbook.rtf

I wonder why this is different than the Stacy Peterson case in Illinois. Several witnesses there told the media what their testimony was. Not all did, and some only revealed part of their testimony. Maybe grand jury requirements vary from state to state?
Someone posted on the daily update thread that the Supreme Court found that unconstitutional (violates a person's freedom of speech). Don't have time to post the NYTimes article, but take a look.

Well, we have nothing at stake here and I for one am glad that it's "only" taken 4 months to get justice for Caylee. How many lies should we have to swallow before saying "enough"?! The truth about where Caylee is lies with the person who will be sitting behind bars hopefully soon. If Baez wants Caylee found, then let him ask Casey where she is. THERE IS NO KIDNAPPER!

If Baez is convinced ofhis client's innocence, and truly believes there is a kidnapper, then hook her azz up to a polygraph machine and PROVE it.

Did CA haul KC over to JB's office? Did she stay or go home?

If Baez is convinced ofhis client's innocence, and truly believes there is a kidnapper, then hook her azz up to a polygraph machine and PROVE it.

Polygraphs are not proof of guilt or innocence, so hooking her up to one wouldn't do diddly.

Just now catching up with the GJ thread after taking the kiddies to school (west coast- it's only 9:30 here), and I have to say Way To Go, George! I'm glad he decided to be a man for Caylee's sake. He deserves so much better than Cindy, and I hope from this point on he can start distancing himself from that wacko family and make a new life for himself. Out of the Anthonys- KC, Cindy and Lee, he is the only one sticking up for his granddaughter.

Justice for Caylee.

He is the only one from the family who was ordered to appear. He didn't have a choice in the matter.

I have felt all along that GA knows about or was part of Caylee's burial. Those thoughts make me think that he has been given immunity to testify to where her body is located today. Pure speculation in my part.
:clap::clap::clap:

I am thinking along similar lines.
Not convinced he helped get rid of body.....but...we got limited info regarding his recorded testimony.
We have no idea what he was asked and what his answers were.
Yes, he is the most reliable in the family to testify.
Maybe there were mistruths in earlier testimony to LE and they put pressure on him to avoid being charged himself.

There is must we have not been privy to.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Polygraphs are not proof of guilt or innocence, so hooking her up to one wouldn't do diddly.

Maybe not legally, but it would sure go a longgggg way towards proving something to me, and probably everyone else here.

Looking at the WESH coverage I just feel such sadness for GA. I know I might get bashed for saying it but he's the only one I have any sort of sympathy for. I just felt incredible loneliness for him, like how hard it must be for him to be the only one who is attempting at this point to do the right thing for his grandchild even though it (hopefully) will put his daughter away for the rest of her life (or worse). I just feel sick to my stomach looking at him in his suit...I don't even think I'm relaying this in the right way.

I feel the same way.I have not been a fan of GA up until today (judging by his webcam appearances), but seeing his statement before he testified today just broke my heart for him. I want to give him a big hug and a place to stay away from that house. Oh, and a membership to Eharmony and Match.com.

(I LOL'd at the person on the other thread that said they wish they had the house webcam on so they could see CA and KC throwing his belongings out onto the lawn LOLOL Kudos to whoever posted that, thanks for the true chuckle today!)

::: big hugs to GA :::::
No matter what he came through with, he really did the right thing today, you could just see it in his demeanor.

Someone posted on the daily update thread that the Supreme Court found that unconstitutional (violates a person's freedom of speech). Don't have time to post the NYTimes article, but take a look.

The US Sup. Ct found that to impose a permanent ban on the discussion would violate the first amendment right to free speech.

They left the temporary restrictions against disclosure and discussion in place, though.

That's how the case is distinguished and the Florida secrecy laws stand as they are. :gavel::blowkiss:

A grand juror will not communicate to family, friends, associates, or anyone concerning any matter that takes place in the grand jury room. The only time this veil of secrecy may be lifted is by order of the court after a full hearing, and then only in exceptional cases.

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/jury_instructions/chapters/chapter30/flgrandjuryhandbook.rtf

I wonder why this is different than the Stacy Peterson case in Illinois. Several witnesses there told the media what their testimony was. Not all did, and some only revealed part of their testimony. Maybe grand jury requirements vary from state to state?

My understanding is that the JURORS cannot speak about anything that happens in the proceedings (witnesses, votes, etc.); but after appearing before the Grand Jury, the WITNESSES called are free to speak about their testimony. though obviously some of these witnesses (most importantly LE) would likely not speak about what they said. hth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste